Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Steve King: Trump Should Veto ‘Lame-Duck’ Paul Ryan Amnesty Bill

---

Steve King: Trump Should Veto ‘Lame-Duck’ Paul Ryan Amnesty Bill

Rep. Steve King (R-IA) charged in a statement on Tuesday that President Donald Trump should veto “lame-duck” Paul Ryan’s amnesty bill, which would grant amnesty to criminal illegal aliens.

According to data gathered and released at the request at Congressman King, roughly 60,000 immigrants, including 10 accused of murder, have been granted temporary status thanks to the Obama-era Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program.

Congressman King said:

Last week, I announced that 66% of DACA applicants who self-reported criminality received a DACA permit anyway. The latest data released by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services paints a frightening picture of who many of these DACA recipients are. Nearly 60,000 illegal aliens with arrest records have been allowed to stay in the United States through DACA, and their arrests include violent crimes like murder, rape, and assault.

Of the approximately DACA recipients with a prior arrest, there have been more than 4,500 arrests for assault, 830 for sex crimes including rape, and 95 arrests were made for kidnapping, human trafficking, or false imprisonment.

Francis Cissna, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) director, said on Fox News on Monday:

You could be arrested a whole lot of times and still get DACA. The data we’re putting out is only arrests, so presumably those people who had murder arrests, rape arrests — that type of seriousness — either got acquitted, charges were dropped or they plead something down, I would hope . . . there are a lot of crimes on the list we published that are misdemeanors – and they could’ve been convicted and still could’ve gotten DACA if they only had two of those misdemeanors.

The House plans to vote this week on an amnesty bill pushed by Speaker Paul Ryan, which would go beyond the roughly 800,000 illegal aliens currently enrolled in the DACA program. Breitbart News reported last week that the Ryan plan could grant amnesty to as many as 3.5 million illegal aliens.

The Iowa Republican suggested on Breitbart News Tonight that several Republican members continue to consider removing Speaker Paul Ryan through a “motion to vacate” over Ryan’s efforts to undermine President Trump’s immigration agenda.

King revealed:

It’s kind of odd that he has as much power as he has. But I do predict, and it is happening, that that power is diminishing. I also have got information that there are–I’ll say ‘members’–I say that plurally, with knowledge, that are considering introducing a motion to vacate the chair. If they do that, that will throw this place into a tizzy and force the kind of election for a Speaker that may bring out someone who is a lot stronger on this.

The Iowa congressman continued his statement on Tuesday, “The government’s data makes it clear: if lame-duck Speaker Ryan attempts to ram an Amnesty agenda through Congress, he will be Delivering Amnesty to Criminal Aliens.

“The safety of the American public must come first. Paul Ryan’s DACA Amnesty must be voted down, and President Trump must be willing to veto it should he have the opportunity to do so,” King added.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...-amnesty-bill/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Donald Trump Plans to ‘Make Changes’ to Paul Ryan Amnesty Bill

President Donald Trump said on Tuesday that he planned to make changes to Speaker Paul Ryan’s proposed immigration legislation to address the current crisis at the border.

“We have a House that’s getting ready to finalize an immigration package that they’re going to brief me on later, and I’m going to make changes to it,” Trump said during a speech at the NFIB 70th anniversary celebration in Washington, DC.

The current bill proposed by House leadership would give amnesty to over 1.8 million children of illegal immigrants in exchange for modest border security funding. Trump is scheduled for a briefing by House Republicans later Tuesday evening.

The president said that he wanted to make important changes to the bill to fix the ongoing border crisis and the problem of child separation from families.

“We have one chance to get it right,” he said. “We might as well get it right, or let’s just keep it going.”

Trump said he did not want to separate families, but he did not like the alternative of setting them free into the country.

“I don’t want children taken away from parents. And when you prosecute the parents for coming in illegally, which should happen, you have to take the children away,” he said. “We don’t have to prosecute them but then we are not prosecuting them for coming in illegally. That’s not good.”

Trump said that he would continue enforcing the law, repeating comments that he made when he announced his run for president that countries south of the border “were not sending their best” to the United States.

Rest - http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...-amnesty-bill/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

3. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I guess better late than never as far as Ryan is concerned. They should have gotten rid of that spineless neocon yesterday. He doesn't have the balls to support Trump, nor the balls to oppose Trump. I'd at least respect one or the other. Being a bowl of Jell-O that quivers when you bump it? Not so much.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke