Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Mexico: U.S. ‘Zero Tolerance’ Policy Violates Human Rights

Mexico of all places, making a complaint about human rights violations is laughable. The home of the cartel who has more power there than the government.

Plus, if they truly are concerned for the well being of anyone trying to sneak through our borders - they are more than welcome to send out an announcement letting everyone know that they are willing to take in anyone that has left their countries of origin.

---

Mexico: U.S. ‘Zero Tolerance’ Policy Violates Human Rights

The government of Mexico took an official stance against the “Zero Tolerance” policy by condemning the matter as cruel, inhumane, and a violation of “human rights.”

In a televised statement, Mexico’s Foreign Relations Minister Luis Videgaray said the official stance was to condemn the practice in the strongest possible way. While he said the U.S. is a sovereign nation, Mexico cannot be indifferent to “clear human rights violation.”

Videgaray is referring to the current Zero Tolerance policy that calls for the prosecution of all illegal immigration cases, including misdemeanors. The policy was implemented after years of a practice where a large number of immigration cases went unchecked through another practice called Catch-and-Release. According to U.S. immigration officials, the separation of families comes when “family units” detained at the border are taken before a judge for prosecution.

According to Videgaray, of the 1,905 cases of children separated, only 21–one percent–are from Mexico. The majority of children are from Guatemala, El Salvador, and Honduras. Of those cases, most are sent back to Mexico to be reunited with relatives. Currently, only seven children from Mexico remain in federal custody.

One of the cases highlighted by Videgaray dealt with a 10-year-old girl with Down syndrome housed at a center in McAllen, Texas, after she and her mother were arrested for crossing illegally. The girl’s mother was sent to a detention center in Brownsville. Consular officials in Mexico are working to reunite the child with her father, a U.S. legal resident, while the mother goes through the court system.

In other cases, Videgaray claimed 12 children were taken to various centers throughout the nation while the parents were moved to a detention center in Seattle, Washington.

Rest - http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2018/...-human-rights/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Ummm ... Mexico has a zero tolerance illegal immigration policy. Just sayin' ...
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

3. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Ummm ... Mexico has a zero tolerance illegal immigration policy. Just sayin' ...
    Yeah, they sure do and it is a fact.

Yet they let these caravans pass through Mexico from Central America to our border.

Yet they allow their own disgruntled citizens try free passage into the USA.

Human Rights, My Ass!
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    Yeah, they sure do and it is a fact.

Yet they let these caravans pass through Mexico from Central America to our border.

Yet they allow their own disgruntled citizens try free passage into the USA.

Human Rights, My Ass!
    "Human Rights" = Billions of US dollars going straight across the border into the Mexico economy without being taxed at all in the US. THAT is the "human Rights" they're so concerned about.

These wetbacks work for cash, turn apartment complexes into migrant camps cramming as many workers into an apartment as they can sneak in, and most of that cash goes home to Mexico, not the US economy they are leeching off of.

They can save the sob stories for the dimwit who don't live in the middle of it and watch it happen daily, and have for years.

Looking a lot like the Republicans are going to cave to Dem induced public pressure. Here's Shumer, holding a pen up: "The President can end this anguish of families being torn apart (insert crocodile tear HERE) with just the click of this (indicating the pen)" . No, Chucky, you dimwitted dolt. You should be removed from officer for saying such shit. THAT "click of the pen" by an unconstitutional President is what started this shit. THAT is not how legislation is passed into law in this Country. Try reading the law you're supposed to be able to understand enough to write

THIS is what the left elected into office to represent "We, the People" in Washington.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

When I saw the thread title, I thought it was a joke.

But, I figured I should read it first, then nope, I was right, it's a joke.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    When I saw the thread title, I thought it was a joke.

But, I figured I should read it first, then nope, I was right, it's a joke.
    A tragic comedy. The consequences are going to suck for someone, regardless. Like it or not, the left HAS made a tear-jerker out of a legal issue and put the Republicans on the defense. Then you have that spineless shit Ryan penning what is a cave deal. And I DON'T trust the Republican'ts to NOT cave.

Thank goodness Reid retired. He'd be telling THIS lot what to do like he did in the past. At least Schumer just comes off as an insincere pussy.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    A tragic comedy. The consequences are going to suck for someone, regardless. Like it or not, the left HAS made a tear-jerker out of a legal issue and put the Republicans on the defense. Then you have that spineless shit Ryan penning what is a cave deal. And I DON'T trust the Republican'ts to NOT cave.

Thank goodness Reid retired. He'd be telling THIS lot what to do like he did in the past. At least Schumer just comes off as an insincere pussy.
    I have ZERO respect left for that slimy little gutless twat RINO Ryan. He's about as bad as Sessions in my book.