Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Here's something simple even us "old guys"can understand. Not even going to hope any young 'uns can. You take away my computer and phone? I am out ONE (count it) message board to post on, and ONE phone that never rings. I otherwise have skills I can sell or trade, and survival skills and can take care of myself.

You take away one of these kid's phones and computer? Dead in the water. Just sitting and waiting for something or someone to either come eat them or save them. That's if they eve know how to tread water without looking it up on Google

THAT is not smart. It's definitely not smarter than me. It's about par with my younger (5) granddaughter.
    Bolded Part: So true especially in major urban and outlaying suburbs. Not nearly as accurate for a
    place such as where I am now; but the voices (liberal) of those urban areas drown out us 'hillbillies / hicks'
    all too often, throwing their fits of demanding entitlement and instant respect - which is yet to be earned.

I am glad that I discouraged my son from the path you have pretty much correctly outlined. He
    has turned out well, got that Doctorate, and is able to fend for himself thanks to what I and his
    Step-grandpap (A full blooded Cheyenne) have taught him.
    Last edited by Elessar; 06-21-2018 at 05:02 PM.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

2. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Ah, yes. The old "I can survive off the grid" routine.
    You may know survival and battle skills, but it's not going to help if someone outsmarts you. The smart kids will allow you to build your perfect shelter, stock it with supplies and defend it with a stockpile of weapons. Then they will come up with a way to take it from you without firing a shot. What worked in 1970 isn't quite the same as what works 40 and 50 years later.
    This is why you are retired and they are going to take your place.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    You may know survival and battle skills, but it's not going to help if someone outsmarts you. The smart kids will allow you to build your perfect shelter, stock it with supplies and defend it with a stockpile of weapons. Then they will come up with a way to take it from you without firing a shot. What worked in 1970 isn't quite the same as what works 40 and 50 years later.
    Yeah. You keep thinking THAT. You won't last long. I'm WAY past out-thinking THAT kindergarten scenario.

You really SHOULD stick to whatever it is you do best. Yo keep telling yourself these toddlers in adult bodies are smart. Right up to your last breath. That you'll take with one of the staring right at you not grasping the situation. Be a hard lesson you'll learn only once, but your willful ignorance will be the cause.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Knock off your sophomoric attempts to piss people off. Your attempts to portray yourself as insightful and possessing above average intelligence is hilarious.

If you were half as clever as you think you are, you'd be a teacher instead of a high school counselor in a Houston school.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

6. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

You may know survival and battle skills, but it's not going to help if someone outsmarts you.
    No 20 some year old without real "Life-Learning" is going to outsmart me,
    nor would they survive if I took them into the wilderness and left them.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    Knock off your sophomoric attempts to piss people off. Your attempts to portray yourself as insightful and possessing above average intelligence is hilarious.

If you were half as clever as you think you are, you'd be a teacher instead of a high school counselor in a Houston school.
    Knock off your idiotic attempts to piss me off. Your attempts to portray yourself as intelligent and authoritarian are ridiculous.
    If you were half as clever as you think you are, you'd be doing something other than hanging telephone wire in Bumfuck, Alaska.
    Last edited by gabosaurus; 06-21-2018 at 11:06 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Knock off your idiotic attempts to piss me off. Your attempts to portray yourself as intelligent and authoritarian are ridiculous.
    If you were half as clever as you think you are, you'd be doing something other than hanging telephone wire in Bumfuck, Alaska.

Ohhh bravo.

I rest my case.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum