Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default I am so sick

Started a few days back. Started with just a sore throat all the way to the chest, you could feel the beginning of a cold coming on, or similar. That didn't take long and turned into a dry hacking cough. Of course I was on meds all day yesterday but didn't seem to help. I got some expectorant, as it feels congested in my chest, but nothing loosens or comes up at all when I cough. And since its dry, and the amount I cough, it then irritates from the chest on up, which then makes me cough more. I'd be thrilled if I could just cough properly and clear my chest a tad. Nothing seems to be helping yet though. ANd then all that irritation and coughing ends up giving me a headache and shortness of breath when done as it'll feel like I'm wheezing.

Gonna hit the doctor tomorrow. My wife had similar and passed it to me I guess, and she didn't go to the doctor as it just went away for her in a few days. No such luck for me. I need antibiotics I think.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Likes Old ridge Runner liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Started a few days back. Started with just a sore throat all the way to the chest, you could feel the beginning of a cold coming on, or similar. That didn't take long and turned into a dry hacking cough. Of course I was on meds all day yesterday but didn't seem to help. I got some expectorant, as it feels congested in my chest, but nothing loosens or comes up at all when I cough. And since its dry, and the amount I cough, it then irritates from the chest on up, which then makes me cough more. I'd be thrilled if I could just cough properly and clear my chest a tad. Nothing seems to be helping yet though. ANd then all that irritation and coughing ends up giving me a headache and shortness of breath when done as it'll feel like I'm wheezing.

Gonna hit the doctor tomorrow. My wife had similar and passed it to me I guess, and she didn't go to the doctor as it just went away for her in a few days. No such luck for me. I need antibiotics I think.
    Are you saying you are weaker than your wife?

Doctor sounds like a good idea, bonehead
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

4. Likes Old ridge Runner, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Feel better!

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

6. Thanks Gunny, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes Old ridge Runner liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Jim, ask your doctor for cough perles. I can't stand cough syrups and when I had pneumonia a couple years ago I would cough so hard almost passed out. Got the pearls and healed faster because wasn't so wracked by cough.

Uses

This medication is used to treat coughs caused by the common cold and other breathing problems (e.g., pneumonia, bronchitis, emphysema, asthma). It works by reducing the reflex in the lungs that causes the urge to cough.
    Use of this medication is not recommended in children younger than 10 years. Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.
    How to use Tessalon PERLE

Take this medication by mouth with or without food, usually 3 times daily as needed or as directed by your doctor.

https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-1...s-oral/details
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Take care of yourself, you don't want to happen to that happened to me over this past winter. I had some congestion in my chest and I thought I'd give it a couple of days to see if it would clear up and it developed into pneumonia and my kidneys shut down and I ended up in ICU for almost two months, and I was just released by my doctor to return to work.
    Last edited by Old ridge Runner; 06-21-2018 at 09:08 AM.
    A Free Man does not need the Governments Permission to Defend Himself.

9. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

A while back I had a similar illness, tried to tough it out and got myself into serious shape before going to the doctor. At my age, a mistake I will not ever make again. Jim rush on to the doctor, for some of these lung infections are serious and even deadly. I once was tougher than nails(when young) and would tough out Things that sent most racing to the ER. Now the body can no longer allow such action..
    Get to the doc and get thee well soon , we need ya around here my good friend..-Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

11. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

What they said. Feel better!
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”