Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default So this just happened to me

Still sick and feel like a dog. Ok, maybe a little better. But I left my town to go to White Plains to go pickup medication. Where I'm at in this vid... you make a right and it's right there, sooooo close.

Just pulling up to a red light and came to a complete stop behind this dump truck. Yeah, I may have been close to him, but he admitted to the police that he simply didn't see me. And of course I have this showing fault...

Don't turn up the volume, if you do, my voice may make it NSFW!

And listen to my friend right afterward, talking about how there's no damage. WTF?

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I plan on just buffing it out!!

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

3. Likes NT'sGirl liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Son of a BITCH... what in the FUCK was he DOING???!!!

NO... you weren't too close to him. He's TOTALLY at fault.

They might have to do some pulling behind that damage to get things to fit now... just wow...
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 06-25-2018 at 12:48 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Son of a BITCH... what in the FUCK was he DOING???!!!

NO... you weren't too close to him. He's TOTALLY at fault.

They might have to do some pulling behind that damage to get things to fit now... just wow...
    He said he was backing up like 30 feet to pull into the deli - on the LEFT. Why in the F was he in the right lane then? And there's already a connecting driveway right there to the left in the Mobil, which shares the parking lot, so he didn't even need to backup!!

He's the OWNER of a MONSTER excavating company, so he's loaded. There won't be an issue thankfully. He said to get it fixed and he would even give me cash for my deductible and what not. He was very sorry about it, and admitted his guys do all the driving and this was the first time he drove the truck in a long long time. And it shows! NEVER backup a dump while at a light or not in a construction area with help of someone monitoring as you backup.

6. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

That really sucks, man.

You didn't have much time, but I would have slammed her into reverse while laying on the horn if there was no one behind you.

Older driver, he wasn't being cautious at all and should have known better - when I drove truck, I always eased back just in case there was someone back there in the blind spot. That guy threw it into reverse and flew back.

Is the radiator leaking?
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    That really sucks, man.

You didn't have much time, but I would have slammed her into reverse while laying on the horn if there was no one behind you.

Older driver, he wasn't being cautious at all and should have known better - when I drove truck, I always eased back just in case there was someone back there in the blind spot. That guy threw it into reverse and flew back.

Is the radiator leaking?
    I freaked, I didn't have my hands on shifter. I usually drive with my hand resting on it. I fumbled before I got it into reverse and hit horn at same time but was too late. Just one of those days feeling sick, sniffling in which you hear, where my reaction and attention simply weren't up to par.

Yeah, luckily a slow leak, but she's leaking. I'm off to the body shop for an estimate shortly and am going to find out if I can drive until they take it into fix it or not. But either way I'll be renting a car tomorrow as the guy stated his insurance will cover a rental for me. AND he called the guy on speed dial and was on a first name basis, when he called to confirm the rental. WTF, it's as if he does this all the time.

He just simply tossed it into reverse and floored it. He even told me AND the police officer that! He said he simply thought there was no one there. "I" think he should have gotten a ticket for unsafe backing, but he didn't.

9. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Let's take some bets on the estimate!

Keep in mind, some damage is nearly impossible to see. And getting hit by a 3 billion pound dump, who the hell knows. I know Rick guessed $4k when I sent him a picture right after it happened. I'm playing "the price is right" and screwing him with a bid of $4100

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Still sick and feel like a dog. Ok, maybe a little better. But I left my town to go to White Plains to go pickup medication. Where I'm at in this vid... you make a right and it's right there, sooooo close.

Just pulling up to a red light and came to a complete stop behind this dump truck. Yeah, I may have been close to him, but he admitted to the police that he simply didn't see me. And of course I have this showing fault...

Don't turn up the volume, if you do, my voice may make it NSFW!

And listen to my friend right afterward, talking about how there's no damage. WTF?

Every day I beat my previous record of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Two fenders, front fascia including grill, hood, fastners, possible straightening, assorted hardware, paint... I'll say $6,500.00.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 06-25-2018 at 01:25 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

So the blue book on the truck is $6,471 - $8,694

But my truck, and I know everyone says this, is great! 104,000 miles when average for a 2004 should be about 210,000 based on 15k per year. Even a low estimate in 12k per year would still be 168k.

Plus, I simply think my truck, other than needing a wash, is in sweet shape for a 2004. I babied that thing, quite a few additions and upgrades, and of course maintenance like a freak.

Now they are liable to say - "well, it'll cost $4k but that's not worth getting fixed, and then give me some shitty cash value instead - and then I'm left with nothing and ripped off for value.

14. Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Two fenders, front fascia including grill, hood, fastners, possible straightening, assorted hardware... I'll say $6,500.00.
    If it's 6,500, she'll be totaled. And who knows, with the size and strength of that thing, is it possible it could have harmed the frame? The entire frame is exposed in the front as the trailer hitch on his back compressed in the entire front and leaves the frame exposed instead of the bumper now.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    If it's 6,500, she'll be totaled. And who knows, with the size and strength of that thing, is it possible it could have harmed the frame? The entire frame is exposed in the front as the trailer hitch on his back compressed in the entire front and leaves the frame exposed instead of the bumper now.
    Does it even have a "full" frame? It's probably a unibody, and if the body is bent, yeah, they might want to total it... that would suck, bro.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Does it even have a "full" frame? It's probably a unibody, and if the body is bent, yeah, they might want to total it... that would suck, bro.
    Oh hell, I dunno. I know shit about cars/bodywork and that crap.

I'll go out and take a pic of what I'm seeing. It's possible it's just the bumper? Aren't they steel bumpers behind the crappy exterior bumpers?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Here's a shot so you can see straight down at the bumper, or at least where the body of the bumper used to be.

And my cool Air Jordan's!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

This so you can see where the entire bumper is pushed in and then flared out on BOTH sides - the passenger side looks identical to this damage.