Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    no no no...i love the idea. It's really neat. That's all. It's smart in today's world.
    Remember you made that time lapse video when you went on a trip? I thought you had one of some sort? That was one of the reasons I always wanted some sort of camera!

But it's for protection these days. That can almost guarantee my innocence if I need it in an accident!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks darin thanked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Remember you made that time lapse video when you went on a trip? I thought you had one of some sort? That was one of the reasons I always wanted some sort of camera!

But it's for protection these days. That can almost guarantee my innocence if I need it in an accident!
    I had a camera stuck to my passenger's side window
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

MAN did I ever just get a SHIT HOT DEAL on Amazon. A $200 DASH CAM for $40 on what they call a "lightening deal"... has AWESOME reviews too... @jimnyc

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 06-27-2018 at 01:49 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    I had a camera stuck to my passenger's side window
    Wish I had video of what I call my “Midnight Ride” in my twenties.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

6. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I am now officially ON FOOT and I don't like it!

I brought to my body shop and the guy took the keys from me and laughed, said no way in hell was he letting me drive that thing. He said the hood lock is destroyed and the hood can flip up at any moment and that the radiator and everything else and their supports were pushed back, and confirmed the rest; as in hood, quarter panels, bumper grille, bumper, lighting he said is "off kilter" and my side mirror needs to be replaced on passenger side

At any rate, and a mile walk home later, purposely for the exercise, here I sit without wheels.

His insurance danced around me yesterday. Then today, the woman tells me DO NOTHING until I call you back, gimme 10-15. I say ok. 3 hours later I call her back and am like WTF? She said, ok, go get an estimate BUT DO NOT RENT A CAR or anything else just yet. Ok, so hence the body shop and walk home, but then what?

Well, THAT WASN'T EVEN HIS INSURANCE COMPANY!!! It was his broker. WHO THE HELL are they to tell me NOT to go forward and do things? I threatened a lawsuit and he gave me his DIRECT info, and he now has Liberty Mutual suddenly, and now I called and I have a claim started and a claim number to go forward.

So I call that other insurance company, and I'm like - WHY and WHO ARE YOU to have delayed me for 36 hours, telling me NOT to do anything, when this guy told me THIS was his insurance info and represented them as such, and they ARE an insurance company, but also brokers. She says "well it sounds like you are in contact now with LMutual, is that correct? I said yes, but WHY... click and she hung up on me.

Now I'm pissed. This place is getting my truck fixed. She'll call back within 24 and I'll be getting a car rental she said. Since through them, no deductible.

When all said and done? I'm asking on the claim now and WILL sue this owner for - diminished value since it will lose much value after repair. I WOULD have been more than cool with rental in mean time and just fix the dang thing. Now I WANT to sue and do and get whatever I can. Too bad I'm TOO honest to claim injury or anything like that - what I mean is holding them to every damn penny - and will sue him personally if they don't do the right thing. I have video, he doesn't have much to lean back on.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

8. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I am now officially ON FOOT and I don't like it!

I brought to my body shop and the guy took the keys from me and laughed, said no way in hell was he letting me drive that thing. He said the hood lock is destroyed and the hood can flip up at any moment and that the radiator and everything else and their supports were pushed back, and confirmed the rest; as in hood, quarter panels, bumper grille, bumper, lighting he said is "off kilter" and my side mirror needs to be replaced on passenger side

At any rate, and a mile walk home later, purposely for the exercise, here I sit without wheels.

His insurance danced around me yesterday. Then today, the woman tells me DO NOTHING until I call you back, gimme 10-15. I say ok. 3 hours later I call her back and am like WTF? She said, ok, go get an estimate BUT DO NOT RENT A CAR or anything else just yet. Ok, so hence the body shop and walk home, but then what?

Well, THAT WASN'T EVEN HIS INSURANCE COMPANY!!! It was his broker. WHO THE HELL are they to tell me NOT to go forward and do things? I threatened a lawsuit and he gave me his DIRECT info, and he now has Liberty Mutual suddenly, and now I called and I have a claim started and a claim number to go forward.

So I call that other insurance company, and I'm like - WHY and WHO ARE YOU to have delayed me for 36 hours, telling me NOT to do anything, when this guy told me THIS was his insurance info and represented them as such, and they ARE an insurance company, but also brokers. She says "well it sounds like you are in contact now with LMutual, is that correct? I said yes, but WHY... click and she hung up on me.

Now I'm pissed. This place is getting my truck fixed. She'll call back within 24 and I'll be getting a car rental she said. Since through them, no deductible.

When all said and done? I'm asking on the claim now and WILL sue this owner for - diminished value since it will lose much value after repair. I WOULD have been more than cool with rental in mean time and just fix the dang thing. Now I WANT to sue and do and get whatever I can. Too bad I'm TOO honest to claim injury or anything like that - what I mean is holding them to every damn penny - and will sue him personally if they don't do the right thing. I have video, he doesn't have much to lean back on.
    Maaaaan... yeah I'll tell ya... insurance companies are CUT THROATS, and their ultimate goal is to NOT give a CENT to ANYONE. You have to play hard ball with these shysters, Jim, or they'll try and walk all over ya.

Been there, done that.

10. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    MAN did I ever just get a SHIT HOT DEAL on Amazon. A $200 DASH CAM for $40 on what they call a "lightening deal"... has AWESOME reviews too...
    Sweet price, and just how I got mine on there! I think yours looks nicer though, but specs are similar.

12. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Jim, you need this:

And think of all the energy Nikoh will burn. Win/win.

Seriously, though, that stinks. You cannot trust people for anything anymore.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

14. Thanks NT'sGirl thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter, jimnyc, NT'sGirl liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Sweet price, and just how I got mine on there! I think yours looks nicer though, but specs are similar.
    I hope it's not some shitty knock off... better not be. It's being portrayed as the same one that was just $200 a few days ago when I looked.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Jim, you need this:

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Don't let them screw you around, Jim.

At the first inkling of runaround, just tell him/her that you don't have time for this and that your attorney will be in touch. That's the magic phrase and suddenly they'll falling all over themselves to make it right.

The insurance people you're dealing with right now are specifically hired to spend the absolute least amount of money possible, which means screwing you over if they think they can get away with it.

The last thing they want is to litigate this, especially when you have HD footage of it.

As soon as you indicate you're ready to let a lawyer handle things, they stop fucking you around and try to placate you.

A lawyer friend told me once that it costs a big company $10k just to have lawyers look at a case. It's cheaper to settle in any range below that.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

18. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter, jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post

At the first inkling of runaround, just tell him/her that you don't have time for this and that your attorney will be in touch. That's the magic phrase and suddenly they'll falling all over themselves to make it right.

The insurance people you're dealing with right now are specifically hired to spend the absolute least amount of money possible, which means screwing you over if they think they can get away with it.

The last thing they want is to litigate this, especially when you have HD footage of it.

As soon as you indicate you're ready to let a lawyer handle things, they stop fucking you around and try to placate you.

A lawyer friend told me once that it costs a big company $10k just to have lawyers look at a case. It's cheaper to settle in any range below that.
    100% spot on............ ^^^

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post

Yup, threatened the asshole who hit me, who instantly forked over policy info and what not - since he WAS jerking me around. Same with insurance, I mentioned I had the video, sent it to them, and mentioned court if this didn't happen fast....

I got his less than an hour ago:

Thank you - we are paying the claim
    I spoke w my insured- just waiting on the estimate. Do you need the rental now?
    And now waiting on them to tell me how THEY are getting me this rental.... And I made her aware that once completed, I'll get another estimate/appraisal, and I want diminished value. If they DON'T pay, then I'll take this rich bastard to small claims for the value. Judges like nice little videos too.

Funny though, me with the WHAT THE F*** when it happened, the insurance said they heard it all, but said they enjoyed watching my video! LOL

21. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Yup, threatened the asshole who hit me, who instantly forked over policy info and what not - since he WAS jerking me around. Same with insurance, I mentioned I had the video, sent it to them, and mentioned court if this didn't happen fast....

I got his less than an hour ago:

And now waiting on them to tell me how THEY are getting me this rental.... And I made her aware that once completed, I'll get another estimate/appraisal, and I want diminished value. If they DON'T pay, then I'll take this rich bastard to small claims for the value. Judges like nice little videos too.

Funny though, me with the WHAT THE F*** when it happened, the insurance said they heard it all, but said they enjoyed watching my video! LOL
    You got them by the short hairs, brother, and they know it. Just think if you HADN'T had your dashcam... they'd probably still be jerking you around.

Your video is why I finally ordered my dashcam. I don't need any prejudgement if something like that happens to my Camaro... "oh he has a hotrod, he was speeding, he was this, he was that..." aaaahh... no, I wasn't, and I have video PROOF.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 06-27-2018 at 04:05 PM.

23. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    You got them by the short hairs, brother, and they know it. Just think if you HADN'T had your dashcam... they'd probably still be jerking you around.

Your video is why I finally ordered my dashcam. I don't need any prejudgement if something like that happens to my Camaro... "oh he has a hotrod, he was speeding, he was this, he was that..." aaaahh... no, I wasn't, and I have video PROOF.
    Yup, and still, before I dropped at shop - EVERYONE that saw said "what did YOU hit" - not WHO hit you. So appearances are everything, but video is gold!

25. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post