Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Default Ebay 100% Money Back Guarantee a FARCE...

So lately, all I've gotten from ebay is a FUCKIN'.

First it was the CB base station radio that I sold that apparently was damaged in shipping. The buyer wanted to send it back so ebay CHARGED ME for the return shipping. They did this by simply charging my PayPal account. I had no say in the matter. So when the item showed returned ebay issued the buyer a FULL REFUND, which they did by simply charging my PayPal account. Again, I had no say, they just DID IT, and I had to ADD MONEY to my PayPal, or I'd never be able to use it again.

So I recently bought a new starter for my old John Deere on ebay to get it running and sell it. So I find one that the seller says will fit, I get it and it's the WRONG ONE. So, knowing that ebay has a 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE, RIGHT(?), I initiate a return, ebay sends me a return shipping label to print out and I send it back. So today, I see that it was received, I was issued a PARTIAL refund, and I was also CHARGED for the return shipping! $21.94 total. I called ebay and inquired how it was "I PAID 100%" for the return shipping and refund for an item I sold, but yet this item I bought that was the WRONG ONE, this seller got off with a partial refund and I PAID FOR THE RETURN FUCKING SHIPPING? Well, yes, they understood I should have been issued a FULL REFUND, and not been charged for the shipping, but since they had CLOSED the return, there was now NOTHING THEY COULD DO ABOUT IT. The return was closed and they can't reopen it and I could just go FUCK MYSELF. Well that's when I really got mad and gave them a piece of my mind. I've... HAD IT... with EBAY. They have COSTED me money. Between what I LOST on the radio that will still need to be REPAIRED, and now this, it's in the HUNDREDS.

So I paid a small balance and CLOSED MY ACCOUNT. I've deleted the bookmark to ebay and I'll never be on that crooked bunch of shit stains website again as long as I live. May they all ROT IN HELL.

The only good part of this story is, when I went to PayPal to see if I could use their buyer protection, who was also very understanding and agreed ebay had pulled a real shitty deal on me, and said "they're not allowed to do anything against ebay," they instead just offered to add $20 to my account. They didn't have to, and it wasn't on them to have to do that, but they did, so thank you very much to nice girl I spoke with at PayPal, and thank you for going above and beyond.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 06-29-2018 at 09:05 PM.

2. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Interesting comment from PayPal, since eBay owns them.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Interesting comment from PayPal, since eBay owns them.
    Not any more.

I've put together a "collections letter" from templates online, I'm going to send it to ebay via registered mail. Legalese in the letter states that non response or non payment will result in further collection actions being taken. I'll see how they like spending a couple grand on a lawyer to represent them here in small claims court over $21.94. Course I'll sue for court costs too. They're the ones with a 100% money back guarantee. I'd like to see them explain why I got a partial refund in court, and I will take them to court if they don't pay it. It isn't so much about the money as it is the principle. They're in violation of their stated guarantee, and I wonder how much money shifty sellers make giving partial refunds and ebay allowing them to do it, again, in violation of their own guarantee.

Nobody fucks me like this and just gets away with it. I'll dog them until I get paid back.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 07-03-2018 at 01:01 PM.