Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Default Rough Week For The Dear Leader's Shill On The High Court

Not the cake walk you and "The Wise Latina" thought it would be fixing that set of "negative liberties". Hopefully the confirmation of strict constructionists to replace Kennedy and Ginsberg will make Kagan's lifetime on the court a personally hellish one:

https://libertyunyielding.com/2018/0...h-and-tyranny/

2. Thanks Gunny, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Labor unions may have been a great idea in theory, but in practice they just more bureaucracy and actually hurt the people they purport to protect.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

4. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Labor unions may have been a great idea in theory, but in practice they just more bureaucracy and actually hurt the people they purport to protect.
    At the turn of the last century - 1800's to 1900 - they did have a significance.

These days, not so much. Their usefulness now is so minute that I do not know why they still
    carry a lot of clout in some areas.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    At the turn of the last century - 1800's to 1900 - they did have a significance.

These days, not so much. Their usefulness now is so minute that I do not know why they still
    carry a lot of clout in some areas.

Today they are nothing more than money laundering operations of the Democrat Party.

7. Likes Tyr-Ziu Saxnot liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FakeNewsSux View Post
    Today they are nothing more than money laundering operations of the Democrat Party.
    It boggles the mind. You talk to Dems; especially, union Dems from the unemployed rust belt and they are loyal union employees and Democrats. Out of work

As this pertains to out current steel tariff/looming trade war, part of the reason US steel couldn't compete on a fair market is union overhead. They start out BEHIND the 8 ball in ANY trade that is otherwise equal.

And you don't think those trade union employees are out of work do you? Only the people they represent are. I live in a right to work state and the electrical trade at least broke the IBEW here. It's still here, but a toothless tiger. I think the plumbing union is still strong here, but then, who wants to be a plumber ?

That some Dem-bulb on the SC is against people having self-determination when it comes to work is not surprising. All the more reason to get Trump's pick seated ASAP.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

9. Thanks FakeNewsSux, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Well that shit is over... http://time.com/5323405/supreme-cour...ions-decision/

11. Thanks FakeNewsSux thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

The SC decision only applies to public sector unions which had been the only unions growing in the US. I consider public sector unions an abomination. Basically what they are saying is that the American people (their employers) are such heartless, oppressive bastards that the only way they can possibly earn a decent living is to constantly walk out on their jobs and bleed the general population for over the top health care and pension plans that are sending any number of cities and states into bankruptcy. Besides, civil service legislation, passed by the vast majority of states, already protects the rights of public sector workers.

13. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

The SC decision only applies to public sector unions which had been the only unions growing in the US. I consider public sector unions an abomination. Basically what they are saying is that the American people (their employers) are such heartless, oppressive bastards that the only way they can possibly earn a decent living is to constantly walk out on their jobs and bleed the general population for over the top health care and pension plans that are sending any number of cities and states into bankruptcy. Besides, civil service legislation, passed by the vast majority of states, already protects the rights of public sector workers.
    Well, Gov Walker here in WI and our majority republican congress passed a "right to work" law, so no one here in the private sector can be forced to pay union dues anymore. I made them donate mine to the local methodist church in town when I worked for the state at the prison in Boscobel. Bastards, I couldn't believe I had to pay $50 a month to these shysters and I had no say in the matter. Seemed like EXTORTION to me, and us maintenance guys got lumped in with the damn correctional officers, and they didn't give a rats ass about us when it came to negotiations for wages. We just got bent over for that $50 a month. I'd NEVER do it again. I'd never take a job where I was forced into a union and HAD to pay, because you are 100% correct bro, they're nothing more than a money laundering scheme to get democrats elected.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 07-01-2018 at 12:28 PM.

15. Thanks FakeNewsSux, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Obama actually DID give money to our Enemies called the Muslim Brotherhood.

Anyone else wondering WHEN A.G. Sessions will finally bring charges against OBAMA?

Or Hillary, or countless others???

Watch this...and share with our ANTI-AMERICAN OBAMA LOVERS.....
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

17. Thanks Drummond thanked this post