Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Default Incel

Have you heard of these folks?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incel

In a nutshell, these are described as mostly white male introverts, who can’t find “romantic or sexual partners”. They self-describe as “Involuntarily Celibate”, or “Incel”. Problem is, they tend to advocate violence against sexually- active women.

I would be more skeptical, but two women in a nearby development received very threatening notes from these folks this week.

I feel as though these basement-dwellers are not too far from Muslims, who tend to treat women like property, and they will not be denied their rightful property.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

2. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, FakeNewsSux thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Have you heard of these folks?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incel

In a nutshell, these are described as mostly white male introverted, who can’t find “romantic or sexual partners”. They self-describe as “Involuntarily Celibate”, or “Intel”. Problem is, they tend to advocate violence against sexually- active women.

I would be more skeptical, but two women in a nearby development received very threatening notes from these folks this week.

I feel as though these are basement-dwellers are not too far from Muslims, who tend to treat women like property, and they will not be denied their rightful property.
    Has their religion been verified? They may be muslims...
    Muslims view women as property (to be used abused, enslaved, bought , sold, beaten , killed and/or tortured), it is commanded in their cult book..-Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

4. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Toronto Terrorist

Alek Minassian
    , the man who killed 10 people by driving a van down a busy street in Toronto on Monday, is a terrorist.
    We know this because he told us so. On Tuesday afternoon, Facebook confirmed the authenticity of a post in his name, in which he pledged allegiance to something called the “Incel Rebellion.” This is not an organized militant group but rather an ideal developed by the so-called “incel” movement — an online community of men united by their inability to convince women to have sex with them. (“Incel” stands for “involuntarily celibate.”)
    Some self-identified incels, as they call themselves, have developed an elaborate sociopolitical explanation for their sexual failures, one that centers on the idea that women are shallow, vicious, and only attracted to hyper-muscular men. They see this as a profound injustice against men like them, who suffer an inherent genetic disadvantage through no fault of their own. A small radical fringe believes that violence, especially against women, is an appropriate response — that an “Incel Rebellion” or “Beta [Male] Uprising” will eventually overturn the sexual status quo.
    https://www.vox.com/world/2018/4/25/...alek-minassian
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

6. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    [COLOR=#4C4E4D][FONT=Balto]Toronto Terrorist

https://www.vox.com/world/2018/4/25/...alek-minassian

Yup, that’s them. It’s scary when disaffected losers get to feeling self-righteous. I find it disgusting when someone thinks they have a “right” to a woman. And now it’s close to home.

-Abbey

8. Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

I remember reading about a killer - I dont recall which - maybe Ted Bundy? Anywho as the story went the author spoke of men wanting to punish women for denying them sex. Because in the warped view of the man, women had ALL the sex and he deserved some!

Now, on a fundamental level the origin of the feeling is not a lot different than Antifa and Progressives protesting Wealth. The way they see it is this - "The Man" has ALL the monies and isn't giving THEM the monies - thus it's unfair and TheMan must be punished."

“… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

10. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes Abbey Marie, SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Very insightful, Darin.

-Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Weird sons a bitches...

13. Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I also believe this is a by-product of our sex-obsessed culture. Coupled with many young womens’ lack of any sense of decorum whatsoever.

-Abbey

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Default Incel

Incels are a recently coined community that can really claim a lot of their foundation on ‘GamerGate’. The men involved are mostly white, right leaning, and behave on the internet as trolls, and irl as stalkers/gaslighters/rapists.

On the whole they are a problem from the right, and as such they may only be reasonably contactable via the right - for which I think Jordon Peterson (recently mentioned in other threads) is doing about as good a job as anyone.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Incels are a recently coined community that can really claim a lot of their foundation on ‘GamerGate’. The men involved are mostly white, right leaning, and behave on the internet as trolls, and irl as stalkers/gaslighters/rapists.

On the whole they are a problem from the right, and as such they may only be reasonably contactable via the right - for which I think Jordon Peterson (recently mentioned in other threads) is doing about as good a job as anyone.
    I think the technical name for what you wrote is "Crock of shit" and merely an attempt at satire. "attempt" is the key word
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

17. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

WOW.... I have little doubt that the men under discussion could not care less about politics. Nice troll though.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    WOW.... I have little doubt that the men under discussion could not care less about politics. Nice troll though.
    Its not a troll, this is the continuation of a thread that has been ongoing for many years, and is starting to impact well beyond its initial reach.

If you’re interested in the story, I would advise reading up on ‘GamerGate’ and proceeding from there.

As an interesting aside, the term SJW/Social Justice Warrior was popularised during gamergate, as well as many other memes that you may be familiar with, like Pepe frog etc.

At the very least you’d have to concede that women’s rights (which is something Incels aren’t to fond of) is a political issue, and in that sense alone they very much care about politics.
    Last edited by Noir; 08-21-2018 at 06:29 AM.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Its not a troll, this is the continuation of a thread that has been ongoing for many years, and is starting to impact well beyond its initial reach.

If you’re interested in the story, I would advise reading up on ‘GamerGate’ and proceeding from there.

As an interesting aside, the term SJW/Social Justice Warrior was popularised during gamergate, as well as many other memes that you may be familiar with, like Pepe frog etc.

At the very least you’d have to concede that women’s rights (which is something Incels aren’t to fond of) is a political issue, and in that sense alone they very much care about politics.
    Conservatives are much much stronger proponents of women's rights than liberals, Brother.

Incels and Leftists:
    "Give me what I do not have, that YOU have in abundance"
    "I am OWED a privilege!"
    "Sex and Women are objects"
    "Democracy over ALL!" (That is to say, if MOST people want to do something, it should be done!"

Conservatives:
    "Nobody has a right to something they don't have simply by virtue of their existence"
    "Humans deserve respect and posses a right to life and liberty and pursuit of happiness (as THEY define it) insofar that such pursuit does not adversely affect the pursuit of others. "
    "Representative republics defend the minority from the will of sometimes-oppressive majority"

21. Thanks CSM, Elessar, Black Diamond, SassyLady thanked this post
    Likes CSM, Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

You may be correct in your last statement but I still think it is not so much about politics as it is "ethics". Gamergate was all about some gamers reacting to some female game developers and the ethics involved in their treatment. It is notable that the whole thing was started by stories from a guy upset over a girl cheating on him (supposedly). It initially had nothing to do with politics.

The people categorized as "Incel" could possibly have issues (mental or otherwise) that have nothing to do with gaming (and probably contribute to their inability to get laid). Again, women's rights are a political issue. I don't question that. I do question that Incels are "right leaning white males".
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

23. Thanks darin, SassyLady thanked this post
    Likes darin, High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Anything and everything can be perceived as political if desired. But to state that Incel losers and the like are making a political statement, or are politically motivated, is to very much miss the main point.

These are pathetic losers who hate their lack of power over women. As Darin said, they feel they deserve to get what they want without “earning it”.

Not a left or right issue, per se. But if you insist, let’s consider which party runs on handouts.

-Abbey

25. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Likes NT'sGirl liked this post