Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Truck declared total loss

They said get everything out of it and have rental back by Friday am. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK.

So now I have no vehicle. Off to the body shop to find out details and what the actual estimate was for. Will be at the dealership day after tomorrow to get a new one.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    They said get everything out of it and have rental back by Friday am. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK.

So now I have no vehicle. Off to the body shop to find out details and what the actual estimate was for. Will be at the dealership day after tomorrow to get a new one.

Find out what the estimate was for, then see what the totaled out amount is. Usually you can buy back your rig from the insurance company for a few hundred bucks.

If you are savvy about it, you can make a few thousand dollars on this deal. I've done it a few times.

You'll need a talented mechanic and a good bodyman to fix you up on the cheap... buying beer usually helps cultivate those relationships.

Or... you can just go buy a new rig. Those are pretty nice to have around.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

3. Thanks SassyLady thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

There are a lot of features in newer cars that are cool. You may find a silver lining here.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

5. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

This is definitely what I'll be driving by the end of next week. How much I get screwed by insurance or the dealership is left to be seen.

Pretty much same I have now, but of course upgraded with all the extras!

The 2018 Toyota 4Runner is stylish SUV that can suit any business venture or weekend excursion. On the road, the drivetrain on the 4Runner shines. The ruggedt 4Runner boasts a bigger grill, curves, and bold face that is ready for adventure. It keeps the standard brisk acceleration with a 4.0-Liter, 270 Horsepower V6 engine mated to a smooth-shifting 5-speed automatic transmission. 4Runner appears in several trims, including the new TRD Pro edition. Maximum towing capacity for the 4Runner is 4,700 pounds. Keeping true to its rugged heritage, it has an upright windshield, long roofline and nearly vertical liftgate, which contributes to a sturdy appearance. With bulging fenders and 9.6 inches of ground clearance in the 4-wheel-drive version, the 4Runner shows off its rugged personality. Access to the rear cargo is through a single-piece liftgate with a unique power rear window. For transporting your gear, it can hold an impressive 88.8 cubic feet of cargo when the rear seats are down. Once inside, you will find that the cabin of the 4Runner interior is both functional and inviting. Drivers will welcome the updated interior with clear instrumentation with large buttons, luxurious leathers, and rotary knobs for climate and audio controls. There's a soundtrack to every adventure. You won't miss a beat with 4Runner's standard Entune Audio Plus system: a 6.1-in high-resolution touch-screen display, AM/FM CD player with MP3/WMA playback capability, auxiliary audio jack and USB port with iPod connectivity.

Convenience Features
    1-touch down Driver vanity mirror Tilt steering wheel Auto-dimming rearview mirror Air conditioning Garage door transmitter: HomeLink Front beverage holders Illuminated entry Speed control Rear door bins Telescoping steering wheel Rear beverage holders Power windows Passenger door bin Passenger vanity mirror Remote keyless entry Overhead console Driver door bin Emergency communication system 1-touch up Navigation system
    Off-Road Capability
    Ground clearance (min): 244mm (9.6") Approach angle: 33 deg Departure angle: 26 deg
    Entertainment Features
    Diversity antenna Primary LCD size: 6.1" Smart device integration: Entune Wireless phone connectivity: Bluetooth AM/FM radio: SiriusXM 1st row LCD monitors: 1 Speakers: 8 Steering wheel mounted audio controls CD-MP3 decoder CD player
    Seats and Trim
    Leather shift knob Heated front seats Max seating capacity: 5 Rear seats: split-bench Front seats: bucket Front center armrest Power passenger seat Power 2-way driver lumbar support Power driver seat Rear seat center armrest Split folding rear seat
    Warranty
    Basic warranty: 36 months/36,000miles Roadside assistance coverage: 24 months/ unlimited distance Maintenance warranty: 24 months/25,000miles Powertrain warranty: 60 months/60,000miles Corrosion perforation warranty: 60 months/ unlimited distance
    Specs and Dimensions
    Compression ratio: 10.40 to 1 Engine horsepower: 270hp @ 5,600RPM Rear legroom: 836mm (32.9") Front headroom: 998mm (39.3") Exterior height: 1,816mm (71.5") Exterior body width: 1,925mm (75.8") Front legroom: 1,059mm (41.7") Interior maximum cargo volume: 2,515 L (89 cu.ft.) Exterior length: 4,859mm (191.3") Engine torque: 278 lb.-ft. @ 4,400RPM GVWR: 2,858kg (6,300lbs) Front hiproom: 1,435mm (56.5") Payload: 703kg (1,550lbs) Passenger volume: 2,755L (97.3 cu.ft.) Turning radius: 5.7m (18.7') Curb weight: 2,155kg (4,750lbs) Front shoulder room: 1,468mm (57.8") Wheelbase: 2,789mm (109.8") Towing capacity: 2,268kg (5,000lbs) Engine bore x stroke: 94.0mm x 95.0mm (3.70" x 3.74") Rear hiproom: 1,415mm (55.7") Rear headroom: 980mm (38.6") Engine displacement: 4.0 L Interior cargo volume: 1,311 L (46 cu.ft.) Rear shoulder room: 1,468mm (57.8")
    Body Exterior
    Spoiler Trailer hitch receiver Rear cargo: liftgate Turn signal indicator mirrors Power door mirrors Bumpers: body-color Roof rack: rails only Heated door mirrors Skid plates
    Powertrain
    Fuel economy city: 17mpg Mode select transmission Horsepower: 270hp @ 5,600RPM Fuel economy highway: 20mpg Transmission: 5 speed automatic Variable valve control Engine liters: 4.0 Rear locking differential Sequential multi-point fuel injection Manual-shift auto Fuel tank capacity: 23.0gal. Fuel economy combined: 18mpg Cylinder configuration: V-6 Recommended fuel: Regular Unleaded Engine location: front Torque: 278 lb.-ft. @ 4,400RPM Drive type: four-wheel Number of valves: 24
    Safety and Security
    Traction control Brake assist Knee airbag Electronic stability Occupant sensing airbag Dual front impact airbags ABS brakes Perimeter/approach lights Security system Dual front side impact airbags Anti-whiplash front head restraints 4 wheel disc brakes Panic alarm Overhead airbag Ignition disable
    Suspension/Handling
    Front tires: 265/70SR17.0 Rear tires: 265/70SR17.0 Wheel size: 17" Speed-sensing steering Rear anti-roll bar Front wheel independent suspension Front anti-roll bar Power steering Alloy wheels
    Lighting, Visibility and Instrumentation
    Outside temperature display Exterior parking camera rear Tachometer Front reading lights Front fog lights Rear window wiper Trip computer Display: analog Compass Variably intermittent wipers Rear window defroster Low tire pressure warning
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

7. Likes Kathianne, High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Nice!
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    Find out what the estimate was for, then see what the totaled out amount is. Usually you can buy back your rig from the insurance company for a few hundred bucks.

If you are savvy about it, you can make a few thousand dollars on this deal. I've done it a few times.

You'll need a talented mechanic and a good bodyman to fix you up on the cheap... buying beer usually helps cultivate those relationships.

Or... you can just go buy a new rig. Those are pretty nice to have around.
    My insurance (USAA) totaled my 1985 Monte Carlo SS because it would cost too much to replace the custom decals. The hood and fender were bent up due to daughter missing curve, jumping ditch and wrapped in barbwire fence. Fenceposts and barbwire did a lot of cosmetic damage.

We bought it back but it wasn't much less than what they gave us toward new car. While hubby went to military school on east coast for three months he worked on it at the base body shop. We had a friend paint the pinstripe logo. My daughter now owns it. Shes promised to keep in the family.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

10. Likes Kathianne, High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

When I saw that heavy truck hit your stationary one, I wondered if that wouldn't have bent the frame. I'm sorry about the truck, I know you loved it.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

This is definitely what I'll be driving by the end of next week. How much I get screwed by insurance or the dealership is left to be seen.

Pretty much same I have now, but of course upgraded with all the extras!
    Sweet... still wonder about what the estimate was on the damage though. I wonder how close I was...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    When I saw that heavy truck hit your stationary one, I wondered if that wouldn't have bent the frame. I'm sorry about the truck, I know you loved it.
    Yes, I certainly did, she was my little baby. So much for taking such good care, sometimes gets ya nowhere!

BUT...

I pickup my new baby at 10am this Saturday morning.

The color is "Magnetic Gray Metallic" and the interior, all leather, is "black graphite". So many more additions in this vehicle than I had in my 2004.

Here's a few pictures of the actual truck I'll get on Sat...

I'm glad, as the only one left in stock that I wanted, was still in stock. My wife was able to get them down an additional $2,500 off the sticker price, but then I backed off a little, then came back in if they agreed to put the better tires on her for me. I think the guy grew tired of me after awhile, but I didn't want to show my desperation in needing a new vehicle!

Love the truck, love Toyota, I love everything about it! So this "may" work out after all, so long as I don't get screwed for the totaled vehicle.

I have it as low as $3,584 - which with my luck will be what the bastards try to go with. That's for the 4Runner in crappy condition with many miles. Go through a private party, with 104,000 miles and in "good" condition, and it's more like $8,207 - and even then I would be depressed in selling at that price, after the effort I put into taking care of her. Hopefully the insurance company will be reasonable.