Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default My new truck

Ok, only one picture, sitting in the bay after prep was done and ready for delivery. Of course that was after I signed my life away for this truck. And signed for some nitro crap in my tires for 3 years. And also a tire/wheel hazard warranty for the life & then also an 8 year 100,000 mile extended warranty. Yikes.

All good and I was too busy playing with everything and cruising around to take pictures. I am absolutely loving her!! I guess that silver lining... The "total loss department" of Liberty Mutual called me at like 5:10 last evening and I missed the call, so must wait til Monday to hear back again. Everything will be quick - but I just know know know know that they are going to lowball me and I have no choice but to say "Thank you sir may I please have another".

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks aboutime, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Wow, surprisingly they made me a happy camper! I thought for sure I was getting robbed.

They offered me to keep the vehicle AND get a check for $6100.

They also offered a settlement where they keep the car and I get a check for $8,300 and change.

Being I am thrilled with my new truck, I am opting for door #2. They sent me a UPS overnight thingy, which I sent in yesterday. They in turn, once they confirm receiving the title, will issue a check that day and overnight it back to me in return. So what I said she was worth, but more importantly, like 3-4k more than I thought they would go for!

I had to buy new sunglasses because the old were left in the rental car, in which the company of course never saw them.

They were Maui Jim's, so I grabbed another pair this morning.

And now I made an appt. to get the windows tinted. Apparently in NY you can get the top 6 inches of the windshield as dark as you please, which I will, but it can't be reflective. The driver and passenger door must allow 70% of light through. The rest back can be as dark as I please. I did all that with my former truck, 'cept the windshield, which I may opt for this time.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

4. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Wow, surprisingly they made me a happy camper! I thought for sure I was getting robbed.

They offered me to keep the vehicle AND get a check for $6100.

They also offered a settlement where they keep the car and I get a check for $8,300 and change.

Being I am thrilled with my new truck, I am opting for door #2. They sent me a UPS overnight thingy, which I sent in yesterday. They in turn, once they confirm receiving the title, will issue a check that day and overnight it back to me in return. So what I said she was worth, but more importantly, like 3-4k more than I thought they would go for!

I had to buy new sunglasses because the old were left in the rental car, in which the company of course never saw them.

They were Maui Jim's, so I grabbed another pair this morning.

And now I made an appt. to get the windows tinted. Apparently in NY you can get the top 6 inches of the windshield as dark as you please, which I will, but it can't be reflective. The driver and passenger door must allow 70% of light through. The rest back can be as dark as I please. I did all that with my former truck, 'cept the windshield, which I may opt for this time.
    It's good to hear a story where the "little guy" WINS once and awhile...

And thank God for your DASHCAM! I have my new one and it's AWESOME. Works perfect!
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 07-10-2018 at 01:13 PM.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

that's great Jim!! Congrats! Great looking rig
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Congrats Jim!

(and I like Maui Jim’s).
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I picked up a set of used OEM fender flares for my ole GMC. They looked pretty shoddy but after a little TLC and some new paint, I was very happy to get them on my truck. Had been wanting some for a long time but couldn't bring myself to pop for the price, they're God awful expensive new. Slapped on a new Lund, roll-up Tonneau cover too, same thing that was on the black truck. Yep, my MONEY PIT...

9. Likes jimnyc liked this post