Think of the man, the money and the lifestyle. He likely would have worked until he died in his office anyway, but he also had the option of retiring and enjoying all that $$$$$ and living like a king, with a mansion and a yacht!

Now, he does get ridiculed and all the pic states/implies or whatever, however angle you choose to look at it.

Fact is, his life will never be the same again, and I would imagine that all presidents know this going into it. He will NEVER be able to spend his wealth in the same manner he could have as a private citizen. He will be way more known everywhere he goes, way more so than he was with his fame prior.

And then when his presidency is over, the song remains the same. He will still never have complete privacy. Barely able to go out anymore, and when so will always have secret service alone. You become 50/50 at that point, half the nation, give or take, will always not give a shit about you. Wherever he retires to he will live like a king that has problems should he want to leave his castle. I hope he likes shopping on Amazon!

And then his entire family is changed as a result, some maybe more so than others.

This is a HUGE responsibility for anyone to undertake. And truly knowing what one already has, and what one will have and then be able to live going forth.

Me? I wouldn't do it. Too much of everyone in your face and inability to ever really be a private citizen again.

Now, he didn't give up his life in a direct transaction to be humiliated and slandered at times. He gave it up to run and then hopefully become president of the USA. And then that 50/50 give or take comes along with the position. And he DID state 20 years back that he may run someday, but only if he thought the country was in trouble. The man generally holds true to his word. And the way he comes off as an idiot on twitter most of the time, I truly feel that his running and now presidency, he is truly believing he is doing good by our country.