Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Default President Trump visits the UK

This is a thread 'in the making'. I'll be viewing the news stories about President Trump's visit with some interest !

I hope very much that he has a good visit, enjoying his time here. As to whether our Left-nutters are contained enough so as to not impinge on it ... we shall see.

For now ... one pic of Air Force One, landing at Stansted Airport (in Essex, to the east of London). He was then ferried to London by helicopter.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Drummond; 07-12-2018 at 09:29 AM.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

2. Thanks jimnyc, aboutime thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Already (!), things are warming up a bit. Nick Clegg is the former leader of the Liberal Democrat Party in the UK. He tweeted this a short time ago:

Right, I'm going on the anti-Trump demo. I had no intention to but his crazed attacks on the EU, NATO, and WTO have changed things. Plus his best UK pals are Nigel Farage, Boris Johnson and Piers Morgan. He dislikes everything I believe in and believes in everyone I dislike!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Londonistan's muslim mayor has already shown his disdain for our president by allowing the protesters and their mockery balloon.

I'd have told him and London to go pound sand.

No offense, Drummond. I know there are actually good people left in London, but you've all been SILENCED... by LAW.

5. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Londonistan's muslim mayor has already shown his disdain for our president by allowing the protesters and their mockery balloon.

No offense, Drummond. I know there are actually good people left in London, but you've all been SILENCED... by LAW.
    Oh, we can speak. We're not silenced. Just so long as we accept the consequences for speaking out ....

That balloon will be making its offensive appearance quite soon.

In the meantime .. Trump was welcomed at Blenheim Palace this evening, and I'm honestly impressed by the effort we put in to make it a 'fitting' occasion for him. It was done as though it was actually a State visit, even though we're told it's less than that.

On the downside ... and I'll be amazed if these don't become major news items ... several major protests have been organised against his visit, and what he represents to them. Less than a mile away from Blenheim Palace, the BBC reported that between 1,000 and 2,000 protesters had amassed. The BBC saw to it that a selection of them were interviewed.

The journalist covering the event also commented for himself, saying that it's known that Trump checks news feeds in the countries he visits, and he further speculated that if the President was still acclimatised to American time, he may well check the BBC's reports out early this coming morning.

I'm assuming that Trump was meant to take the hint, and do just that.

So, I've checked BBC News's schedule to see if there was anything behind such 'herding' of interest in the BBC's news output. And, sure enough ....

... timed for transmission at 3.30am this coming morning, the BBC is airing a 'Panorama' programme .. its title is ....

'TRUMP: IS THE PRESIDENT A SEX PEST ?'

This 'is', of course, the Leftie BBC 'at its finest' ......

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    Oh, we can speak. We're not silenced. Just so long as we accept the consequences for speaking out ....

That balloon will be making its offensive appearance quite soon.

In the meantime .. Trump was welcomed at Blenheim Palace this evening, and I'm honestly impressed by the effort we put in to make it a 'fitting' occasion for him. It was done as though it was actually a State visit, even though we're told it's less than that.

On the downside ... and I'll be amazed if these don't become major news items ... several major protests have been organised against his visit, and what he represents to them. Less than a mile away from Blenheim Palace, the BBC reported that between 1,000 and 2,000 protesters had amassed. The BBC saw to it that a selection of them were interviewed.

The journalist covering the event also commented for himself, saying that it's known that Trump checks news feeds in the countries he visits, and he further speculated that if the President was still acclimatised to American time, he may well check the BBC's reports out early this coming morning.

I'm assuming that Trump was meant to take the hint, and do just that.

So, I've checked BBC News's schedule to see if there was anything behind such 'herding' of interest in the BBC's news output. And, sure enough ....

... timed for transmission at 3.30am this coming morning, the BBC is airing a 'Panorama' programme .. its title is ....

'TRUMP: IS THE PRESIDENT A SEX PEST ?'

This 'is', of course, the Leftie BBC 'at its finest' ......
    I've got the synopsis for the BBC's muckraking 'Panorama' programme, as follows:

Current affairs programme featuring interviews and investigative reports. Donald Trump has been accused of sexually inappropriate behaviour by more than 20 women, but he has dismissed them all as liars. Now one of those women is suing him for defamation. An American court will have to decide what really happened and whether the President of the United States is a sexual predator. So what is the truth about Donald Trump's behaviour towards women? In the week of his visit to Britain, reporter Richard Bilton investigates new allegations about Mr Trump and meets the women who say the president is a sex pest.
    This is the propaganda being fed to us, done at the very same time we're meant to be 'welcoming' him to our shores ... this, from the UK's State broadcaster ....

8. Thanks Gunny, aboutime thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

I've got the synopsis for the BBC's muckraking 'Panorama' programme, as follows:

This is the propaganda being fed to us, done at the very same time we're meant to be 'welcoming' him to our shores ... this, from the UK's State broadcaster ....
    I check the BBC every so often and I meant to mention this before: That story is all but dead here and has been. It's a joke and everyone knows it to include, for once, the left. They've moved on for now. Perhaps they'll come back to it when they get desperate for more BS again.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

10. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I check the BBC every so often and I meant to mention this before: That story is all but dead here and has been. It's a joke and everyone knows it to include, for once, the left. They've moved on for now. Perhaps they'll come back to it when they get desperate for more BS again.
    Well .. if that's so, what does it say for the BBC that they're feeding us more about this 'news', and NOW ? But you see the problem. Those in a position to arrange it, do their damndest to poison attitudes against your President to the maximum extent they can.

12. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Some negative news emanating from the BBC. Compare these reports ...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44815359

Theresa May has welcomed Donald Trump to the UK with a lavish black-tie dinner - during which she made a case for a new trade deal with the US.

The US president and the first lady were given a red carpet reception at Blenheim Palace, Oxfordshire.

It is Mr Trump's first visit to the UK since he won the 2016 election.

Protesters gathered outside the US ambassador's residence in London, where the Trumps are staying tonight, and near Blenheim Palace.

Police estimated there were about 1,000 people demonstrating near the palace, the birthplace of wartime Prime Minister Winston Churchill.
    Then, there's this ...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44815558

Donald Trump has said the UK will "probably not" get a trade deal with the US, if the prime minister's Brexit plan goes ahead.

He told The Sun the PM's plan would "probably kill the deal" as it would mean the US "would be dealing with the European Union" instead of with the UK.

Theresa May has been making the case for a US free trade deal with Mr Trump, on his first UK visit as president.

She said Brexit was an "opportunity" to create growth in the UK and US.

Mr Trump also said that former foreign secretary Boris Johnson would make a "great prime minister", adding "I think he's got what it takes".

In his interview, he renewed his criticism of London Mayor Sadiq Khan over last year's terror attacks in the capital, saying he had done "a terrible job".

The president and his wife were given a red carpet reception at Blenheim Palace, Oxfordshire on Thursday evening.
    The point about the Brexit deal Mrs May has come up with is that it still maintains a pro-EU trading link. Trump understandably wouldn't be happy about that. He, along with many pro-Brexiters, thought our break from the EU would be far more complete.

My belief is that this'll develop into an equivalent of the Obama story of a couple of years ago, where Obama said that if Brexit happened, UK deals with the US would be put 'to the back of the queue' for access to US markets.

We'll see.

P.S .... by the way, our media has done much to deride Boris Johnson. Trump's praise of him is bound to play negatively in some quarters ....
    Last edited by Drummond; 07-12-2018 at 07:19 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post

I feel similarly. I get pissed about muslim issues over there, and then the latest crap with Tommy Robinson. That's nuts how he was jailed, and how the reporting on things have been shut down.

Drummond is cool as hell, and I just simply know that he is not representative of the government there. And in the opposite direction, I would hope that he knows many of us stood apart from Obama and his policies, and we speak for ourselves here as well. Different but similar.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

15. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Well .. if that's so, what does it say for the BBC that they're feeding us more about this 'news', and NOW ? But you see the problem. Those in a position to arrange it, do their damndest to poison attitudes against your President to the maximum extent they can.
    I find it kind of humorous, myself. That is the best they can do? Beat a dead horse that hasn't even been in any relevant news in weeks or over a month that I can recall when they certainly have a legitimate gripe about his foreign trade policies.

When people used to dream up all this off the wall stuff about Obama it would get on my nerves. There was enough factual, provable stuff to hang the guy and it seemed all anyone wanted to do was latch onto rumors and run with them. I would feel the same in this case about Trump. There's certainly enough to criticize without going after the wil-o-wisps.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I feel similarly. I get pissed about muslim issues over there, and then the latest crap with Tommy Robinson. That's nuts how he was jailed, and how the reporting on things have been shut down.

Drummond is cool as hell, and I just simply know that he is not representative of the government there. And in the opposite direction, I would hope that he knows many of us stood apart from Obama and his policies, and we speak for ourselves here as well. Different but similar.
    If I understand correctly, drummond lives in Wales. If so, he's not in the middle of that crap at least.

I'm surprised he hasn't illegally entered the US. Not like it's hard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post

Many thanks for your commenting on me ... I appreciate it, Jim !

Of course, I understand the opposition Obama got, and why. But this is one reason why my being here is invaluable. If I had only British broadcasters to rely on in terms of what THEY insisted was true, my outlook (as is true for so many, here) would be a warped one.

Perspectives differ - our media insists that's true. You mention Tommy Robinson. Our media label him as a far-Right racist and rabble-rousing thug. In this climate, not only can he be arrested, but many are content to see him jailed.

In the meantime, a PC climate makes it far easier for terrorist cells to lie low until they choose to attack, kill, maim ....

Piers Morgan has done his bit to demonise Robinson ...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ommy-robinson/

Piers Morgan has accused Tommy Robinson, the former English Defence League leader, of "sounding like a bigoted lunatic".

He was interviewing Robinson on Good Morning Britain on Tuesday morning in the wake of the of the Finsbury Park attack.

As Robinson held up a copy of the Koran, Morgan told him: “Show some damn respect for people’s religious beliefs.

“You’re sounding like a complete lunatic. You’re sounding like a bigoted lunatic. You’re stirring up hatred.”
    Back to the Trump issue, though. Hopefully, this link will offer a workable soundtrack. If this does play in the US ... you'll hear a broadcaster, James O'Brien, who works for the London radio station LBC, speak over Trump's live comments, when he was speaking at the end of EU talks, trying to debunk everything he 'can' that Trump says.

I offer it as an illustration of the onslaught of bias forever at work in our media (it's an especially transparent example of it). O'Brien hates Trump with a passion, and would be delighted if he could make everyone else feel the same .....

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presente...rumps-q-and-a/

Somebody please let me know if this DOES play in America ....
    Last edited by Drummond; 07-12-2018 at 08:25 PM.

19. Thanks Gunny, jimnyc thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Many thanks for your commenting on me ... I appreciate it, Jim !

Of course, I understand the opposition Obama got, and why. But this is one reason why my being here is invaluable. If I had only British broadcasters to rely on in terms of what THEY insisted was true, my outlook (as is true for so many, here) would be a warped one.

Perspectives differ - our media insists that's true. You mention Tommy Robinson. Our media label him as a far-Right racist and rabble-rousing thug. In this climate, not only can he be arrested, but many are content to see him jailed.

In the meantime, a PC climate makes it far easier for terrorist cells to lie low until they choose to attack, kill, maim ....

Piers Morgan has done his bit to demonise Robinson ...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ommy-robinson/

Back to the Trump issue, though. Hopefully, this link will offer a workable soundtrack. If this does play in the US ... you'll hear a broadcaster, James O'Brien, who works for the London radio station LBC, speak over Trump's live comments, when he was speaking at the end of EU talks, trying to debunk everything he 'can' that Trump says.

I offer it as an illustration of the onslaught of bias forever at work in our media (it's an especially transparent example of it). O'Brien hates Trump with a passion, and would be delighted if he could make everyone else feel the same .....

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presente...rumps-q-and-a/

Somebody please let me know if this DOES play in America ....
    Have you heard Don Lemon (CNN)? Or Whoopi Goldberg (the View)? Or Rachel Madcow (Maddow- MSNBC)? Heck, watch Comedy Central (allegedly comedy) and listen to Trevor Noah (he's a Brit) on the Daily Show.

We don't have time for YOUR Trump haters. We can't keep up with our own

Seriously, the propaganda is beyond absurd. I like contrasting the BBC version of events with the Jerusalem Post's. Seems the correspondents weren't view the same events most of the time

21. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Have you heard Don Lemon (CNN)? Or Whoopi Goldberg (the View)? Or Rachel Madcow (Maddow- MSNBC)? Heck, watch Comedy Central (allegedly comedy) and listen to Trevor Noah (he's a Brit) on the Daily Show.
    No to all of the above ... and I've never heard of Trevor Noah (.. not sure I'd want to, either ...). [James Corden ... yes]

We don't have time for YOUR Trump haters. We can't keep up with our own
    Can't say I blame you ... . Still, if either you, or someone else here, can at least tell me if the O'Brien track is playable in the US, I'd be grateful ...

Seriously, the propaganda is beyond absurd. I like contrasting the BBC version of events with the Jerusalem Post's. Seems the correspondents weren't view the same events most of the time
    I'm not remotely surprised, Gunny.
    Last edited by Drummond; 07-12-2018 at 09:09 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

No to all of the above ... and I've never heard of Trevor Noah (.. not sure I'd want to, either ...). [James Corden ... yes]

Can't say I blame you ... . Still, if either you, or someone else here, can at least tell me if the O'Brien track is playable in the US, I'd be grateful ...

I'm not remotely surprised, Gunny.
    Yes. The jackass is talking over Trump at every point. What a crackpot. He's stating stuff that doesn't even need to be stated just to have something to day.

24. Thanks Drummond thanked this post