Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Westchester, New York
    Posts
    53,108
    Thanks (Given)
    6850
    Thanks (Received)
    23328
    Likes (Given)
    1849
    Likes (Received)
    1783
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475508

    Default Melania high fives veteran - steals the UK's heart

    Pretty cool! I hope she greets the Queen differently thought! but would be funny to see her try and high five the Queen!

    ---

    Melania high fives veteran - steals the UK's heart



    First lady Melania Trump stole England’s heart during an appearance Friday, laughing with schoolchildren and giving a veteran a high-five.

    Melania appeared alongside Philip May, British PM Theresa May’s husband.

    The first lady also engaged in some lawn bowling, and wasn’t half bad at it either.

    The first lady also helped children make poppies for which is celebrated on November 11th to honor those who fought and died in wars for the U.K.

    The holiday is celebrated on the anniversary of the end of World War I, and the poppy is used because poppies grew across Europe where many battles were fought.

    http://dailycaller.com/2018/07/13/me...es-veteran-uk/
    I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat…You ask, what is our policy? I say it is to wage war by land, sea, and air. War with all our might and with all the strength God has given us, and to wage war against a monstrous tyranny never surpassed in the dark and lamentable catalogue of human crime. That is our policy. You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word. It is victory. Victory at all costs - Victory in spite of all terrors - Victory, however long and hard the road may be, for without victory there is no survival.
    Winston Churchill

  2. Thanks SassyLady, FakeNewsSux, Gunny, Abbey, aboutime and 2 others thanked this post
    Likes Drummond, High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In my knickers
    Posts
    26,453
    Thanks (Given)
    11046
    Thanks (Received)
    11960
    Likes (Given)
    749
    Likes (Received)
    1601
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475241

    Default

    Unlike Mrs Obama, Melania really does “Go high”.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

    For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. Psalms 139:13

  4. Thanks Drummond, Elessar thanked this post
    Likes FakeNewsSux liked this post
  5. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Mouth of the Rogue River, Oregon USA
    Posts
    7,135
    Thanks (Given)
    6411
    Thanks (Received)
    6589
    Likes (Given)
    778
    Likes (Received)
    603
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16380726

    Default

    Lots of sour and butt-hurt comments have been made about her, which turns my stomach.

    Unlike Democrat wives, she does not feel she is an open part of the elected president's
    cabinet. In private, of course, but not in public.

    I see her as a gracious, refined, humble...and yes, gorgeous woman...who has to absorb
    constant liberal insults for anything and everything she does.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

    "I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

    A Deplorable!

  6. Thanks Drummond, Abbey thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
  7. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    South Wales, UK
    Posts
    9,592
    Thanks (Given)
    17678
    Thanks (Received)
    6845
    Likes (Given)
    611
    Likes (Received)
    281
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13760225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Pretty cool! I hope she greets the Queen differently thought! but would be funny to see her try and high five the Queen!

    ---

    Melania high fives veteran - steals the UK's heart



    First lady Melania Trump stole England’s heart during an appearance Friday, laughing with schoolchildren and giving a veteran a high-five.

    Melania appeared alongside Philip May, British PM Theresa May’s husband.

    The first lady also engaged in some lawn bowling, and wasn’t half bad at it either.

    The first lady also helped children make poppies for which is celebrated on November 11th to honor those who fought and died in wars for the U.K.

    The holiday is celebrated on the anniversary of the end of World War I, and the poppy is used because poppies grew across Europe where many battles were fought.

    http://dailycaller.com/2018/07/13/me...es-veteran-uk/
    This one got past me (maybe the BBC balked at giving Melania that kind of coverage). It's a great story.

    11th November, here, is Remembrance Sunday. It isn't only limited to remembrance of fallen soldiers (etc) in WWI ... it covers major wars, including WWII.

    https://www.timeanddate.com/holidays...mbrance-sunday

    Remembrance Day in the United Kingdom (UK) honors the heroic efforts, achievements and sacrifices that were made in past wars. The main observance is on the second Sunday in November, but 2 minutes of silence is also made on November 11.
    It's our equivalent of the American 'Veterans Day'.
    Socialism is a reputability deficiency disease ...

  8. Thanks Gunny, Elessar, Abbey thanked this post
  9. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Posts
    32,569
    Thanks (Given)
    17255
    Thanks (Received)
    17479
    Likes (Given)
    32
    Likes (Received)
    2403
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    This one got past me (maybe the BBC balked at giving Melania that kind of coverage). It's a great story.

    11th November, here, is Remembrance Sunday. It isn't only limited to remembrance of fallen soldiers (etc) in WWI ... it covers major wars, including WWII.

    https://www.timeanddate.com/holidays...mbrance-sunday



    It's our equivalent of the American 'Veterans Day'.
    it's a "feel good" story so of course it will go unnoticed since the event, if you wish to call it that, is tainted by the presence of that woman that married Donald Trump and there's nothing bad to report.

    The media is so predictable.
    My quota of bullshit cop outs from closed minds is full today, Tomorrow's not looking good for you either.

  10. Thanks Elessar, FakeNewsSux, Drummond thanked this post
  11. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In my knickers
    Posts
    26,453
    Thanks (Given)
    11046
    Thanks (Received)
    11960
    Likes (Given)
    749
    Likes (Received)
    1601
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475241

    Default

    She is simply stunning.

    Trump’s taste in women sure has improved.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

    For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. Psalms 139:13

  12. Thanks FakeNewsSux, Drummond, Elessar thanked this post
  13. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    South Wales, UK
    Posts
    9,592
    Thanks (Given)
    17678
    Thanks (Received)
    6845
    Likes (Given)
    611
    Likes (Received)
    281
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13760225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    She is simply stunning.

    Trump’s taste in women sure has improved.
    Absolutely agree !!
    Socialism is a reputability deficiency disease ...

  14. Thanks Abbey thanked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •