Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Default Milan, Verona, Neuschwantstein trip

I love this city - Milan. My second time and I think I would live here.

We drove about 8hrs, but travelled about 14 due to stops for lunch and the mountain coaster in the black forest. Little tip? If you live in south or central-west germany, take a date to Lucerne for lunch. Lucerne is incredible. Most are just phone snapshots, sorry.

Got into Milan about 20:30 - set up my camera to have folks selfie-shoot right in my shot! jerks

Todtnau, germany @Trigg and @Nukeman will see this place soon.

Lucerne

Milan

“… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

verona and neuschwanstein.

“… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

3. Thanks Kathianne, CSM, Abbey Marie, NightTrain thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, CSM, jimnyc, NightTrain liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

I loved Neuschwanstein. Visited the castle with the family while stationed in Germany.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

5. Thanks darin thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, NightTrain liked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    I loved Neuschwanstein. Visited the castle with the family while stationed in Germany.

come back

7. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Looking good buddy!!!

What vehicle ya got with you for this trip?

Damn, I just turned 50 and don't even have a passport. I AM very jealous whenever I see your travels, stateside or wherever.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

9. Thanks darin thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

no way you're 50...has it been that long since USMB and gop_jeff and all that?

I have a rented POS Ford Van/Wagon thing. it's the worst driving dynamics I've experienced in awhile. But seats seven.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Nuke and i had an amazing time traveling around Germany with Darin. I loved seeing the castles and wondering around the adorable cities and towns. I'm pretty sure I had a permanent grin on my face the entire 5 days. I guarantee we wouldn't have found half of the places he took us if we were left to our own devices.

12. Thanks Kathianne, darin, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes NightTrain liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trigg View Post
    Nuke and i had an amazing time traveling around Germany with Darin. I loved seeing the castles and wondering around the adorable cities and towns. I'm pretty sure I had a permanent grin on my face the entire 5 days. I guarantee we wouldn't have found half of the places he took us if we were left to our own devices.
    It's great to see you, I'm so glad you had a great time.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trigg View Post
    Nuke and i had an amazing time travelling around Germany with Darin. I loved seeing the castles and wondering around the adorable cities and towns. I'm pretty sure I had a permanent grin on my face the entire 5 days. I guarantee we wouldn't have found half of the places he took us if we were left to our own devices.

And France

You guys are just fantastic.
    @Kathianne - Your turn!

15. Likes Trigg liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    And France

You guys are just fantastic.
    @Kathianne - Your turn!
    I wish. I'm just holding on until Friday, 1st pay day! Woot!

Kids are in class tomorrow, I'm going to bed.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

17. Thanks darin thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I want to give a HUGE thanks to Darin for his hospitality and he is a GREAT trip planner. the wife and I had an amazing time and could not have asked for a better person to show us around. So many little towns and winery's. Thank you so much
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want." -Dr. Randy Pausch

Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain

19. Thanks Elessar, darin thanked this post
    Likes NightTrain, darin liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Looks like you all had a great time!