Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Default Bad Motorcycle Accident...

... a very good, old friend of mine was in a bad accident a few days ago. Apparently it was around 9-9:30PM, so it was dusk/dark, and a farmer was pulling a tractor and wagon across the road, no lights on the tractor or wagon, and he didn't see it in time and slammed into the wagon with his Harley trike. I hear he's pretty messed up especially with head injuries, no helmet, and they're saying he's brain dead. I guess in his living will he says that if anything like this ever happened and he was a vegetable, to pull the plug on him after 72 hours. That was yesterday. I just listened to the radio and yes, the local radio station announces area deaths but I didn't hear about him so, he could still be alive, IDK. He was one of the very first people I met when I moved here in 1988 after the AF. I was bartending and he came in, friendly talkative guy, said, "they call me Tuna." I later worked in a machine shop with him, hung out with him at his body shop, partied with him, just a good guy. His life as he knew it is over for sure. I hope he's still alive but we'll see. Going to see what I can find out today.

Right now I have to run back over to Mckyville again to pick up some nice tile. The place where my younger sister works is a big contractor joint, and there was a fire on some job they contracted and the tile was written off as a lose, but there was still unopened boxes, several different kinds, probably half a pallet of it. My little sis called me and asked if I'd like to have it, for FREE, and of course I jumped on that. Some of it is very expensive Italian tile.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 07-14-2018 at 08:36 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Sorry about your friend.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

3. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

thats awful Godspeed to your friend.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

5. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    ... a very good, old friend of mine was in a bad accident a few days ago. Apparently it was around 9-9:30PM, so it was dusk/dark, and a farmer was pulling a tractor and wagon across the road, no lights on the tractor or wagon, and he didn't see it in time and slammed into the wagon with his Harley trike. I hear he's pretty messed up especially with head injuries, no helmet, and they're saying he's brain dead. I guess in his living will he says that if anything like this ever happened and he was a vegetable, to pull the plug on him after 72 hours. That was yesterday. I just listened to the radio and yes, the local radio station announces area deaths but I didn't hear about him so, he could still be alive, IDK. He was one of the very first people I met when I moved here in 1988 after the AF. I was bartending and he came in, friendly talkative guy, said, "they call me Tuna." I later worked in a machine shop with him, hung out with him at his body shop, partied with him, just a good guy. His life as he knew it is over for sure. I hope he's still alive but we'll see. Going to see what I can find out today.

Right now I have to run back over to Mckyville again to pick up some nice tile. The place where my younger sister works is a big contractor joint, and there was a fire on some job they contracted and the tile was written off as a lose, but there was still unopened boxes, several different kinds, probably half a pallet of it. My little sis called me and asked if I'd like to have it, for FREE, and of course I jumped on that. Some of it is very expensive Italian tile.
    Very sorry to hear of that loss my friend.. When much younger I owned several motorcycles and really enjoyed riding them. After I got older, I decided I wanted to live to be a hundred and thus stopped riding motorcycles- because there are far, far too many idiots on the roads that only see cars coming-- are blind to motorcycles.
    And even worse these days with all these damn illegals here driving that can not truly even drive!--Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

7. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter, SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Very sorry to read that.

One of my best friends, potential All-State Wrestler and Football player
    was decapitated when a pulp wood truck pulled out in front of his Harley.
    His helmet and head were found 30 yards from the accident.

RIP, Larry!
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

9. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Just got back from McKyville with a truck load of awesome tile. I'd say a good thousand dollars worth. I think more than enough to do both my back porch and bathroom. Going to have to get a THANK YOU card for the guy that gave it away where my little sis works.

Still waiting to hear of the fate of my friend. Even if he's still alive, which I doubt, he won't have a life. He'd be a drooling vegetable. I know he wouldn't want that either. The biggest thing you have to worry about riding motorcycle around these parts is hitting wild life, especially deer, but even a coon or possum or whatever will dump you. I haven't hardly ridden at all now for 3 years myself. Since Harley is planning on building bikes overseas and they quit making the Dyna, I'll just wait a few more years until my bike starts to really jump in value and then sell it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Very sorry to hear of that loss my friend.. When much younger I owned several motorcycles and really enjoyed riding them. After I got older, I decided I wanted to live to be a hundred and thus stopped riding motorcycles- because there are far, far too many idiots on the roads that only see cars coming-- are blind to motorcycles.
    And even worse these days with all these damn illegals here driving that can not truly even drive!--Tyr
    I too pass along my condolences, HPD. Out on the road, no matter who is right or who is wrong, the bike always loses.

12. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Sorry to hear the bad news, that truly sucks. Dusk is bad enough as you're getting older with the eyes. But add in a motorcycle, and a tractor with no lights, in a farm area where folks tend to drive a little more freely or faster at times, just a horrid scenario.

Hey, miracles happen...
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

14. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Sorry to hear the bad news, that truly sucks. Dusk is bad enough as you're getting older with the eyes. But add in a motorcycle, and a tractor with no lights, in a farm area where folks tend to drive a little more freely or faster at times, just a horrid scenario.

Hey, miracles happen...
    Yes they do. I just called the hospital they med flighted him to and although they couldn't give out details about his condition because I'm not family, the fact that he was still THERE tells me he's STILL ALIVE and they didn't pull the plug. I guess aside from the bad head trauma he's got a compound fracture in one arm, but arms heal. Maybe he's got some brain activity now, IDK, but the nurse said she'd forward a message to his oldest son whom I also know well, and maybe he'll call me. He is a tough old fart. I'm going to pray and hope he can pull through this... who knows... one can only hope.

But now I'm wondering about the idiot farmer pulling a tractor and wagon across a highway in the dark with no lights. There has to be some culpability there.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 07-14-2018 at 03:10 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Sad to hear..

Condolences to you, your friend, and his family. Prayers for his peace.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

17. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Prayers for your friend.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

19. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Just got up awhile ago and noticed a message on my landline... he didn't make it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Just got up awhile ago and noticed a message on my landline... he didn't make it.

Sorry for your loss Drifter.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

22. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Condolences, T. Prayers.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

24. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Thank you for all the condolences.

His funeral is this coming Saturday. I'm going to really miss that guy.