Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Default Bad Motorcycle Accident...

... a very good, old friend of mine was in a bad accident a few days ago. Apparently it was around 9-9:30PM, so it was dusk/dark, and a farmer was pulling a tractor and wagon across the road, no lights on the tractor or wagon, and he didn't see it in time and slammed into the wagon with his Harley trike. I hear he's pretty messed up especially with head injuries, no helmet, and they're saying he's brain dead. I guess in his living will he says that if anything like this ever happened and he was a vegetable, to pull the plug on him after 72 hours. That was yesterday. I just listened to the radio and yes, the local radio station announces area deaths but I didn't hear about him so, he could still be alive, IDK. He was one of the very first people I met when I moved here in 1988 after the AF. I was bartending and he came in, friendly talkative guy, said, "they call me Tuna." I later worked in a machine shop with him, hung out with him at his body shop, partied with him, just a good guy. His life as he knew it is over for sure. I hope he's still alive but we'll see. Going to see what I can find out today.

Right now I have to run back over to Mckyville again to pick up some nice tile. The place where my younger sister works is a big contractor joint, and there was a fire on some job they contracted and the tile was written off as a lose, but there was still unopened boxes, several different kinds, probably half a pallet of it. My little sis called me and asked if I'd like to have it, for FREE, and of course I jumped on that. Some of it is very expensive Italian tile.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 07-14-2018 at 08:36 AM.