Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Oh no, Trump walked in front of the Queen!

Just yesterday all the media was talking about greeting and how the president should do so, that a cursty of course not necessary and it should be a polite shaking of hands. Trump does just that, and everyone loses their minds. Trump dared to walk in front of the Queen, more lunch lost.

Look, I have an IMMENSE amount of respect for the Queen and the entire royal family. I've always admired from afar. But an American president shouldn't be bowing or curtsy, just as they shouldn't be bowing to leaders of other countries.

And the 1st time meeting, sometimes mistakes as such may happen. Trump nor his wife most certainly were NOT rude or any of the other crap that some on the left are now crying about, as they look daily for new things to cry about. Perhaps tough on deals with May and what not, but as "leaders" and meeting the Queen, I see no issues. And others, because she is an "old lady". THAT is more rude, if you ask me. And now "misogynistic" as well, because some nitwits claim he was rude on purpose because she was an older woman.

Just another day of crying and whining in the liberal TDS world.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Here is how Trump actually greet the Queen, and I see no issue with this, and it's actually what is called for. But of course this is Trump, so some reason must be found to condemn.

With other things aside, cool to see him sitting in Churchill's chair.

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I really have no problem with any POTUS favoring a respectful slight bow of the head
    to a foreign head of state, whether that one is symbolic (as the Queen) or otherwise.

It is the full mid-section prostration - a la Obama - that grinds my teeth....prostrating
    to a leader as if an underling, thus embarrassing a whole nation.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

4. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Drummond, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

An American president should bow to NO ONE... EVER.

I'm sure they told the president what would be proper, and he did so.

This fake outrage from the unhinged left is old. It's been beyond the point of absurd for a long time now. I listen to exactly NONE of it.

6. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Drummond thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Snowflakes everywhere on the LEFT sound like this...

I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

8. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    I really have no problem with any POTUS favoring a respectful slight bow of the head
    to a foreign head of state, whether that one is symbolic (as the Queen) or otherwise.

It is the full mid-section prostration - a la Obama - that grinds my teeth....prostrating
    to a leader as if an underling, thus embarrassing a whole nation.
    I recall Obama's cringeworthy deferential bowing to the Saudis all those years ago. It looked ridiculous, and it was my impression at the time that it went way beyond any demand from protocol. I wondered then whether Obama was on a mission to diminish America's international status.

This latest issue about Trump's conduct, though, hasn't gone down very well in the UK (sure enough, the Left is carping for all it's worth). Leftie media are outraged. Even more Right wing ones, though, are critical of him.

An example:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...l-news-protest

THE QUEEN was blocked out by the US President as Donald Trump walked in front of guards following their greeting at Windsor Castle.

The Queen shook hands with the US President as she met him at Windsor Castle before greeted First Lady Melania.

Donald Trump was being led by the Queen in front of troops, just after their first meeting.

President Trump and the First Lady Melania did not bow or curtsy upon first greeting the Queen instead opting for a handshake.

The US President appeared to walk ahead leaving the Queen to step behind Mr Trump.

After being blocked out behind the US President, the Queen then went back to the right-hand side of the US President.

Before the Queen caught up with him, Donald Trump looked side to side to see where she was.

The US President then waited for the Queen before the pair continued on their journey.

It is considered rude to turn your back on Her Majesty when meeting the Queen.

However, it is unclear whether Mr Trump was told to walk ahead before the Queen caught up with him during his visit.

Royal correspondent, Richard Fitzwilliams, told Express.co.uk: “It was inappropriate behaviour”.
    All of this might seem petty ... but, it's a gift to Trump's detractors over here. It'd be interpreted as a display of uncivil arrogance, running counter to diplomatic expectations.[/quote]

The Daily Express is one of our more Right wing newspapers. By contrast ... this is what a Left wing tabloid made of Trump's 'latest' ...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...osing-12914158

Donald Trump sparks fury posing arrogantly in an armchair used by heroic wartime leader Winston Churchill.

Critics slammed Trump for a string of diplomatic blunders and said he wasn’t fit to sit there.

The US president belittled our NHS and PM and undermined the special relationship.

Labour’s Stephen Doughty said: “An image of Donald Trump sitting in Churchill’s seat will stick in the throats of many Brits who would consider Trump not only to be one of the worst presidents in US history but also not even worthy of a comparison with our wartime leader who rescued our nation in its darkest hour.”

Labour’s Ruth Smeeth added: “Churchill embodied the best of British spirit when we were fighting and defeating racists and fascists during World War Two.

“Given Trump’s appalling actions and rhetoric, he doesn’t even deserve to look at a statue of Churchill let alone sit in his seat.”
    Lovely stuff, eh ? Our Lefties have been lining up to pour vitriol in Trump's direction. Proof that he must be doing something RIGHT, eh, folks ?

For my money, Trump's sitting in Churchill's chair was fitting. Both leaders were (are) strong, staunch patriots. Both are known for no-nonsense, uncompromising opposition to their country's enemies and detractors. Both were (are) mavericks in their way, putting principle before populism.

And, of course, both hail from the CONSERVATIVE side of the political spectrum (... which figures, of course !! ...).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Drummond; 07-14-2018 at 07:12 PM.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

10. Thanks Elessar, FakeNewsSux, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes Tyr-Ziu Saxnot liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

As bombastic as Trump the person is,
    I seriously doubt there was any intended
    disrespect for the Queen.

liberals whining and finding fault at even a fart in public,
    as usual!
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

12. Thanks Drummond, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I honestly DON'T CARE. The QUEEN never WORKED a DAY IN HER LIFE. I have no love or respect for people BORN in... ROYALTY?

We don't do ROYALTY by BIRTH here in America. You EARN your way to the top. I find all this KING and QUEEN stuff to be TEDIOUS. It's straight out of the 1300's.

Again, no offense intended AT ALL to you, Drummond, I guess it's just that as an American, I don't get that SUPER RICH ROYALTY stuff simply because you were BORN. Screw that.

President Trump is a billionaire because he EARNED it. He's the president of the most powerful nation on earth because he EARNED it. Far as I'm concerned, the QUEEN owes HIM respect.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 07-15-2018 at 08:11 AM.

14. Thanks Drummond, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    I honestly DON'T CARE. The QUEEN never WORKED a DAY IN HER LIFE. I have no love or respect for people BORN in... ROYALTY?

We don't do ROYALTY by BIRTH here in America. You EARN you way to the top. I find all this KING and QUEEN stuff to be TEDIOUS. It's straight out of the 1300's.

Again, no offense intended AT ALL to you, Drummond, I guess it's just that as an American, I don't get that SUPER RICH ROYALTY stuff simply because you were BORN. Screw that.

President Trump is a billionaire because he EARNED it. He's the president of the most powerful nation on earth because he EARNED it. Far as I'm concerned, the QUEEN owes HIM respect.
    I see what you're saying.

This comes down to a difference of perception between two different cultures. Mine is - in certain ways - fundamentally different from yours.

I suppose the point (from the point of view of those from my homeland) is that, these days, the Royal Family embodies something of a historical and cultural symbol of what we represent. That and a certain affection many of us feel for our figureheads, such as the Queen. She is genuinely liked by most of us.

Few of us - except, maybe, the most rabidly anti-Monarchist of us - want to see her, or her family, not receive respect. The Queen represents us in a similar (if also unelected, true ...) 'Head of State' fashion as the highest ranking authority would for your own country. Neither should earn, therefore have, deliberate disrespect. It has deeper meaning for us all.

16. Thanks FakeNewsSux, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I'll give anyone the benefit of the doubt, even Trump. I don't think he should have bowed, the handshake was fine. Same deal with the curtsy.

What I find weird was his walking ahead of her, I wouldn't do that to anyone older, male or female, royalty or not. Even worse if you're a guest. At the same time, these types of deals are usually choreographed down to the most detailed parts. So I wonder, how did THAT happen?

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

18. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I'll give anyone the benefit of the doubt, even Trump. I don't think he should have bowed, the handshake was fine. Same deal with the curtsy.

What I find weird was his walking ahead of her, I wouldn't do that to anyone older, male or female, royalty or not. Even worse if you're a guest. At the same time, these types of deals are usually choreographed down to the most detailed parts. So I wonder, how did THAT happen?
    Unfortunately, the very reasoning you've offered will be see as evidence of Trump's arrogance, which in turn will be played by the Left for all they're worth. It's a fact that even our own PM curtsies (albeit a little awkwardly) to the Queen as a matter of course, whenever they meet in any public setting ... which would compound the perception of arrogance in seeing Trump, a representative of a foreign power, 'disdain' any deferential gesture of any approximate equivalence.

Still, the Left will claim arrogance on Trump's part, regardless. I just think it's a pity that they keep getting that ammunition to use against him.

20. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    I just think it's a pity that they keep getting that ammunition to use against him.
    It really doesn't matter one way or another. If the rabid left doesn't have anything to bitch about against him, they just make something up.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 07-15-2018 at 09:18 AM.

22. Thanks Drummond, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

This, from another leading RIGHT wing UK newspaper. I hate that these papers are doing the Left's job for them ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-UK-visit.html

U.S. President Donald Trump committed a huge gaffe while meeting with Queen Elizabeth II during his visit to the United Kingdom.

Amid massive protests that drew tens of thousands of demonstrators, Trump met with the Queen at Windsor Castle just outside of London on Friday, July 13.

While reviewing the Queen’s Guard however, Trump committed a critical faux pas.

The meeting between the U.S. President and First Lady Melania Trump with the Queen went cordially at first, with the 92-year-old monarch welcoming the president and his wife with handshakes and a smile as the Queen’s Guards marched and played the U.S. national anthem.

However, as the president and the Queen reviewed the Queen’s Guard before strolling around and entering the historic fortress, Trump walked directly in front of the Queen, inadvertently blocking her for a moment.

It is also considered very rude to turn ones back on the Queen when meeting with her.

The gaffe broke Royal protocol, which calls for the Queen herself to always lead the way. First Lady Melania Trump also reportedly broke another Royal rule herself after failing to curtsy when greeting Queen Elizabeth II.

Twitter users were quick to criticize the President on the social media platform, with some users blasting him as ‘ill mannered’ and ignorant’.

PR consultant and commentator Richard Fitzwilliams said that the President had broken Royal protocol and came off as impolite during his first visit with the Queen in the UK, stating: ‘It was inappropriate behavior’.
    As for the protest marches the UK has seen ... these were, of course, very largely orchestrated by the Left ... and, well attended by leading Left-wing figures here ... including Jeremy Corbyn, Labour Party leader. See this ....

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Drummond; 07-15-2018 at 09:01 AM.

24. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    It's really doesn't matter one way or another. If the rabid left doesn't have anything to bitch about against him, they just make something up.
    Yes ... never a truer word spoken ....

26. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post

Unless it was just some odd camera angle, I agree, Kath. And he had to have been told how to behave around her.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

28. Likes Kathianne liked this post