Years ago we had a black lab rotweiller mix named Bear that loved to wander off and too many times to count I would get calls to come get him. We put electrical wire along our fencing around three sides of property and put in an invisible fence across the driveway that worked with a shock collar to warn him when he was getting close to fence.

Worked good most of time ... but when he saw something that excited him he would run right through it (weighed 120 lbs). We couldn't max it out because we had mini schnauzer (weighed 12 lbs) on it as well.

When Bear decided to eventually come home he would not be as excited and would just mosey on down the driveway and then refused to cross the fence. So during these times we received calls from neighbors to shut the dog up because he would sit at end of driveway and bark to let him back inside.

We finally fenced in the front of property and put in electric gate to access property. That didn't settle him down because he would jump fence. My hubby was deployed for awhile and I asked him frequently if I could have him neutered. Nope, not going to do that!

Well, within a week after he got home Bear lost his wanderlust ... it only took three times of hubby getting up in middle of night to go get his dog before he was neutered!