Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Hillary Clinton Says Supreme Court Nominee Brett Kavanaugh Will Bring Back Slavery

How stupid is this woman? She's only continuing to harm the democrat party and I HOPE she runs again in 2020!! Do even the democrats believe the silly shit they spew? Abortion will be illegal within 6 months? Going back to the 1850's? Devastating consequences? All they are accomplishing is making more froth at the mouth, which will make the hysteria that much worse once he's confirmed. Status some believe thus far is ALL republicans FOR him, and even a couple of democrats. That's goodnight right there.

---

Hillary Clinton Says Supreme Court Nominee Brett Kavanaugh Will Bring Back Slavery

On Friday morning, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton suggested that President Donald Trump's Supreme Court nominee, Judge Brett Kavanaugh, would bring back slavery if he is confirmed to the nation's highest court.

"Let me say a word about the nomination of Judge Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court," Clinton told the American Federation of Teachers (AFT) at its national convention. "This nomination holds out the threat of devastating consequences for workers rights, civil rights, LGBT rights, women’s rights — including those to make our own health decisions."

"It is a blatant attempt by this administration to shift the balance of the Court for decades and to reverse decades of progress," the former Democratic presidential nominee declared.

Then came the kicker: "I used to worry that they [the Republicans] wanted to turn the clock back to the 1950s. Now I worry they want to turn it back to the 1850s."

Clinton was clearly suggesting that Trump and Kavanaugh want to return to the days when slavery was legal in the South. The irony is, originalist Supreme Court justices like Kavanaugh would have agreed with Abraham Lincoln against the South, especially on the issue of slavery.

The American Civil War started in 1861, after a tense decade of increasing hostility between Southern Democrats who wanted to extend slavery beyond its boundaries as established by constitutional laws and Northern Republicans who saw slavery as evil and wanted to keep it within those limits. Republican Abraham Lincoln campaigned on restraining the evil institution, but an activist Supreme Court ruled that slavery could extend into the territories.

Ironically, another Republican president wants to restrain another activist Supreme Court, and Democrat Hillary Clinton is scaremongering.

Judge Brett Kavanaugh is an originalist, which means he holds to the original intent of the Constitution and would uphold the laws as written. In the 1850s, that would have meant restraining the spread of slavery — Lincoln's position. In 2018, it may mean reversing key decisions liberals hail as granting new rights.

Never, ever, ever would a Supreme Court justice in 2018 try to bring back slavery. No originalist would ever want to overturn the 13th Amendment, as the Constitution itself now declares (and has since 1865) that slavery — except in the case of servitude for committing a crime — is illegal in the United States.

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/video/hillary-cl...-back-slavery/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I'll place this in here as well.

Fact is, an entirety of the SC is simply not going to go backwards and go unprecedented, and reverse years of rulings. It WILL if you're a liberal, and don't even need to know a name or any philosophy or any previous rulings or anything - they stand opposed before a nomination was made!

---

Supreme Court Nominee Brett Kavanaugh Won't Make Abortion or Gay Marriage Illegal

When President Donald Trump announced his Supreme Court nominee to replace retiring Justice Anthony Kennedy, leftist groups were so set on opposing him, they didn't even bother mentioning his name. The thing is, even if a confirmed Justice Brett Kavanaugh were to overturn the key Supreme Court rulings making abortion and gay marriage legal across the U.S., that would not make these practices illegal.

Senate Democrats have argued that Kavanaugh would strike down Roe v. Wade (1973), the Supreme Court case twisting the Constitution to say it guarantees a "right to abortion." Similarly, former Democrat presidential candidate Hillary Clinton warned that Kavanaugh's confirmation would devastate "LGBT rights," a hint that he might overturn Obergefell v. Hodges (2015), the Supreme Court case twisting the Constitution to say it guarantees a "right" to same-sex marriage.

Both of these Supreme Court cases struck down state laws on the issues of abortion and same-sex marriage, forcing a national legal change without the people's involvement. The Court's activism subverted the Constitution's clear process for amending the Constitution, instead reinterpreting the Constitution to create "rights" that neither the plain text of the document nor the authors intended.

Roe v. Wade followed the 1965 contraception case Griswold v. Connecticut, which found in the "penumbras of the Bill of Rights," a right to privacy that Roe twisted into a right to abortion. Roe reinterpreted the 14th Amendment as a right to abortion, despite the fact that at the time the 14th Amendment was ratified, abortion laws were being tightened, not loosened.

The text of that amendment — that no state can "deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law" — not only fails to mention abortion, but could be used as an argument to defend the lives of unborn babies.

Obergefell was even more tenuous, as almost every state in the country and every law for most of American history acknowledged marriage as between one man and one woman. Homosexuality only became accepted by the majority of Americans recently, and the Court clearly jumped the gun on this issue.

Not only did the Court jump the gun, it opened a huge can of worms on the issue of religious freedom. By ruling that same-sex attracted people have the right to marry someone of the same sex, the Court left a huge issue — whether or not conservatives, Christians, Muslims, Jews, and even atheists who disagree with calling same-sex unions "marriage" would be able to dissent, and in what way.

Thankfully, Justice Anthony Kennedy, who wrote the majority opinion, defended the rights of religious people to dissent, but exactly how far that dissent is justified must still be worked out. Many Christians who gladly serve LGBT people in their normal business have been attacked by the government for refusing to serve same-sex weddings.

Liberals argue that overturning Roe and Obergefell will cause disruption, and this is true. But both decisions caused disruption of their own.

What would overturning these cases actually do? They would return America to the status quo ante, opening up the issues of abortion and same-sex marriage to the states.

If liberals are right and Kavanaugh would prefer to overturn Roe — which would fulfill Trump's campaign promise to nominate Supreme Court justices who would do so — such a ruling would not immediately make abortion illegal everywhere.

Most Americans believe abortion should be legal, but only under certain circumstances. Similarly, most Americans believe same-sex marriage should be legal, but they are divided on other issues around it.

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/trending/supreme...riage-illegal/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

3. Thanks Russ thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

She sure can’t shut her trap. Do you think she’s planning to run for President again?
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

5. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes, unbelievably, I think she really still wants to run for President. I can't find any other reason why she keeps trying to insert herself back in the news with these silly news conferences.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    She sure can’t shut her trap. Do you think she’s planning to run for President again?
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 - A wise man's heart directs him to the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him to the left.
    Wise men don't need advice, and fools won't take it - Ben Franklin
    "It's not how you start, it's how you finish."

7. Thanks Abbey Marie, Elessar, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    Yes, unbelievably, I think she really still wants to run for President. I can't find any other reason why she keeps trying to insert herself back in the news with these silly news conferences.
    I often say that I find it hard to 'hate' a person I have never met,
    but I shall stand up straight and put on the record that I Loathe This Creature!
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

9. Likes Russ, High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

If it wasn't for hyperbole, unhinged rants, lies and just pure BULL SHIT, DEMOCRATS wouldn't have anything to say.

They are trash, they talk trash, they are the trash of society.