Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Nikoh likes to dig holes

She digs more and more as she gets older (only 6 months today exactly!). The holes are getting bigger and bigger and bigger. Have at least 20 thus far and more daily. And then she goes inside and sleeps it off.

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Likes Kathianne, High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

She sure is pretty. I love the different colored eyes. How unusual.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    She sure is pretty. I love the different colored eyes. How unusual.
    That's my favorite part about her, and what my wife dislikes. She would prefer all blue. I think the different colors makes her a little unique. Not all that unique if you know the dog though. I think she's perfect! I think she's beautiful!

But boy, for 6 months old today, she is STRONG and STUBBORN as a mule when she wants to be! And then sometimes you would think she just got finished with a years training. She runs on her own time I guess.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

5. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Maybe you should try putting in a digging patch for her and let her have at it so you don't loose your whole yard make sort of a sand box just for her you can hide cool things for her to find and she can dig till she is done any you only have to fill and pack one area.
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.” —. Morticia Addams

7. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NT'sGirl View Post
    Maybe you should try putting in a digging patch for her and let her have at it so you don't loose your whole yard make sort of a sand box just for her you can hide cool things for her to find and she can dig till she is done any you only have to fill and pack one area.
    What's a digging patch? And if she had one, what would prevent her from then still digging elsewhere? I love the idea though!!! She has already left the landscapers scratching their heads!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    What's a digging patch? And if she had one, what would prevent her from then still digging elsewhere? I love the idea though!!! She has already left the landscapers scratching their heads!

Its a set place that she has free reign to dig if you hide toys in a hole she digs for you and pack it back down she can dig it up again and again and again.... I have found cayenne pepper is a good deterrent, just sprinkle it where you dont want her to dig. Side note Bonus its also a pretty good bug repellent not bad for you her or your plants and grass.
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.” —. Morticia Addams

10. Likes jimnyc, Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NT'sGirl View Post
    Its a set place that she has free reign to dig if you hide toys in a hole she digs for you and pack it back down she can dig it up again and again and again.... I have found cayenne pepper is a good deterrent, just sprinkle it where you dont want her to dig. Side note Bonus its also a pretty good bug repellent not bad for you her or your plants and grass.
    Another great piece if info! Thanks!

We have the trainer coming again tomorrow night. We've been having her come weekly for like 5 weeks now. She also recommended the collar. We'll be putting it on her tonight, just to get used to wearing it for her first training with it tomorrow evening. I think it will work! I'm just now concerned about her thick hair around her neck area, and getting it to work the first few times, so that hopefully we can get it to work quickly, and then hopefully just as quickly move over to the beeping or vibrate.

12. Likes NT'sGirl, Kathianne liked this post