Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Default It Doesn't Have To Be Blackmail-But Why The Idolizing?

It's not just bashers that are upset with Trump's choice of backing Putin over US Intelligence agencies:

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/07/...-mr-president/

For the record, Morrissey has supported Trump strongly in most instances:

Graham: Don’t Put The Soccer Ball In The Oval Office, Mr. President

ED MORRISSEYPosted at 3:01 pm on July 16, 2018

A notable if somewhat lame response to the atrocious Donald Trump-Vladimir Putin press conference, in which Trump essentially took Putin’s side over that of the US intelligence community. It’s one thing for Trump to follow the same feckless path as George Bush and Barack Obama when it comes to misreading Putin; it’s an entirely different level of failure and fecklessness to trust Putin more than your own handpicked director of national intelligence. Just last week, DNI Dan Coats warned that the lights are “blinking red” on another Russian attack on election infrastructure:

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

You can say something and not mean it. I'm sure Putin is doing the same thing. Just like all the DOJ and FBI bubble heads have been doing to congress.

Like people asking me for a ride in the Camaro, I tell them sure, one of these days, when I have no intention of ever giving them a ride...
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 07-16-2018 at 03:11 PM.

3. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I'm missing the meaning of your analogy.

So, it's cool, maybe true. Putin said Russia did not interfere, so it didn't. Meanwhile Coats and Co., appt by Trump, are part of those making the mess of things with Russia?

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I'm missing the meaning of your analogy.

So, it's cool, maybe true. Putin said Russia did not interfere, so it didn't. Meanwhile Coats and Co., appt by Trump, are part of those making the mess of things with Russia?
    Say one thing publicly but don't mean it? Like be upbeat, paint a rosey picture, gloss it over... etc... be diplomatic... seems to be that that's what they all do.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 07-16-2018 at 03:27 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Say one thing publicly but don't mean it? Like be upbeat, paint a rosey picture, gloss it over... etc... be diplomatic... seems to be that that's what they all do.
    Like with May and Merkel this week? So I take it that the intelligence community doesn't mind being disrespected, they know the real score? Putin too, knows Trump is just blowing smoke?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Like with May and Merkel this week? So I take it that the intelligence community doesn't mind being disrespected, they know the real score? Putin too, knows Trump is just blowing smoke?
    OK...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

OK...
    I'm really trying to understand what you mean. What I wrote is how you sounded to me, maybe I'm misunderstanding?

I didn't post the op here on other thread, I don't think there's been any blackmailing and I know there's no proof of collusion. Pelosi is every bit the whack job most of the right thinks she is.

What I don't get is the more than harsh behavior Trump has displayed towards Canada, UK, EU, Germany, as opposed to his treatment in the past and today regarding Russia and Putin in particular. Which is 'private' and which is 'fake'?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I'm really trying to understand what you mean. What I wrote is how you sounded to me, maybe I'm misunderstanding?

I didn't post the op here on other thread, I don't think there's been any blackmailing and I know there's no proof of collusion. Pelosi is every bit the whack job most of the right thinks she is.

What I don't get is the more than harsh behavior Trump has displayed towards Canada, UK, EU, Germany, as opposed to his treatment in the past and today regarding Russia and Putin in particular. Which is 'private' and which is 'fake'?
    You haven't seen any harsh behavior from Canada, the UK, EU and Germany towards president Trump?

10. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

You haven't seen any harsh behavior from Canada, the UK, EU and Germany towards president Trump?
    That's not the issue. To answer your question though, not on the 'world stage,' no. When have you seen such at this type of event? I may have missed, I don't have TV and seriously have not been paying attention to the degree I have in the past.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

That's not the issue. To answer your question though, not on the 'world stage,' no. When have you seen such at this type of event? I may have missed, I don't have TV and seriously have not been paying attention to the degree I have in the past.
    There's been plenty examples of it here on the board though, Kath, and it's even in that article.

I still think president Trump has displayed an incredible amount of self control considering the DELUGE of INSULTS and DISRESPECT he gets DAILY. He's doing better than I'd do. I'd have blown a gasket by now and done something really stupid.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 07-16-2018 at 04:30 PM.

13. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

There's been plenty examples of it here on the board though, Kath.

I still think president Trump display an incredible amount of self control considering the DELUGE of INSULTS and DISRESPECT he gets DAILY. He's doing better than I'd do. I'd have blown a gasket by now and done something really stupid.
    I guess we are not communicating, their not liking him personally, is not the same thing he's doing with Putin and so many of our allies.

Now you seem to be arguing that since they don't like him, he can just dis allies, his intelligence services, and basically say that the US sucks, but he'll make it better. Before it was 'he didn't mean it, it's how diplomacy is done.'

I guess you are happy with his behavior towards Putin and our intelligence services, including Coats and others that Trump appointed? I suppose that is what has my curiosity at this point.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

After this horrible attempt at diplomacy, it is time to admit the obvious: Trump is Putin's bitch.
    It is obvious that Putin and the Russian government hold some secret negotiating card that Trump is deeply afraid of. When was the last time a sitting American president openly stated that a confirmed enemy of our country should be believed over domestic government agencies?
    You have to be sitting pretty deeply under your conservative blanket to not agree that this behavior is treasonous.

Last edited by gabosaurus; 07-16-2018 at 05:09 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I guess we are not communicating, their not liking him personally, is not the same thing he's doing with Putin and so many of our allies.

Now you seem to be arguing that since they don't like him, he can just dis allies, his intelligence services, and basically say that the US sucks, but he'll make it better. Before it was 'he didn't mean it, it's how diplomacy is done.'

I guess you are happy with his behavior towards Putin and our intelligence services, including Coats and others that Trump appointed? I suppose that is what has my curiosity at this point.
    The problem is, I like Trump, you hate Trump. That's why we have different takes on the situation, and probably why neither will understand the other.

17. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Likes Black Diamond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    You have to be sitting pretty deeply under your conservative blanket to not agree that this behavior is treasonous.
    TREASON... you fuckin' jackoff leftist are out of your fucking minds.

Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 07-16-2018 at 05:26 PM.

19. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    After this horrible attempt at diplomacy, it is time to admit the obvious: Trump is Putin's bitch.
    It is obvious that Putin and the Russian government hold some secret negotiating card that Trump is deeply afraid of. When was the last time a sitting American president openly stated that a confirmed enemy of our country should be believed over domestic government agencies?

I see that you're banned, Gabby.

If or when you ever return ... my message is, 'Put up or shut up'.

You want to make such charges against Trump ... then OK, PROVE THEM. Failing that, quit acting like a typical Leftie, adopt some INTEGRITY, and try offering an apology.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

21. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post