Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FakeNewsSux View Post
    Kathianne, maybe listening to the viewpoint of one of the preeminent Russian scholars in this country, a man who has covered US/Russian Summits for decades, might give you a more reasoned perspective on today's Summit:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5810027978001/?#sp=show-clips

Actually, my thinking is quite well reasoned, whether or not you agree with me.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

... and see how many "likes" he got on that tweet? Enough said.

3. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FakeNewsSux View Post
    Kathianne, maybe listening to the viewpoint of one of the preeminent Russian scholars in this country, a man who has covered US/Russian Summits for decades, might give you a more reasoned perspective on today's Summit:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5810027978001/?#sp=show-clips
    I saw this interview. I also watched the news conference live and then the Chris Wallace interview of Putin. Saw parts of Trump interview with Hannity and Tucker. He looked and sounded tired. At the press conference he looked and sounded tired so no telling what they discussed.

My take .. Trump wouldn't say half the crap he does if he didn't get asked idiotic questions from press. Trump met with Putin to try to bring him into the fold, so to speak. I firmly believe Russia is trying to cause disruption in the US. However, so are other major world leaders that he has met with.

Did it piss me off that he didn't publicly call Putin out ... no. I was disappointed that he went off topic and said both sides were to blame. I think he should have just said we discussed it and it's been dealt with. For all we know Putin showed him evidence of the USA doing shenanigans within their country, thus Trump making his statement that both countries are at fault.

Other presidents have screwed up ... JFK with Krushchev in 1961. Kennedy later admitted he got beat up in their meeting. Nixon to China to meet with dictator Mao. Regan and Gorbachev. Negotiations for peace have to start somewhere.

I'm not too worried. In fact, the more the press and the liberals scream the more I think he's on track.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

5. Thanks Abbey Marie, FakeNewsSux, Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Look, some of you know that I’ve taken classes with a former CIA Director of Operations, and 30 year officer. He also sometimes did those daily intelligence briefings with the President in the past.

He has repeatedly told us that the country that has most tried to interfere in other countries’ elections is... the United States. He explained that interference is by planting narratives in newspapers, etc., often false narratives, to influence opinion. Sound familiar?

This “shocked” response to what Russia no doubt did here is absurd. And I’ll guarantee that Trump knows our intelligence history and current activities by now, and he and Putin acknowledged it accordingly.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

7. Likes NightTrain liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    I saw this interview. I also watched the news conference live and then the Chris Wallace interview of Putin. Saw parts of Trump interview with Hannity and Tucker. He looked and sounded tired. At the press conference he looked and sounded tired so no telling what they discussed.

My take .. Trump wouldn't say half the crap he does if he didn't get asked idiotic questions from press. Trump met with Putin to try to bring him into the fold, so to speak. I firmly believe Russia is trying to cause disruption in the US. However, so are other major world leaders that he has met with.

Did it piss me off that he didn't publicly call Putin out ... no. I was disappointed that he went off topic and said both sides were to blame. I think he should have just said we discussed it and it's been dealt with. For all we know Putin showed him evidence of the USA doing shenanigans within their country, thus Trump making his statement that both countries are at fault.

Other presidents have screwed up ... JFK with Krushchev in 1961. Kennedy later admitted he got beat up in their meeting. Nixon to China to meet with dictator Mao. Regan and Gorbachev. Negotiations for peace have to start somewhere.

I'm not too worried. In fact, the more the press and the liberals scream the more I think he's on track.
    Yes. If he'd done just that, there wouldn't be a problem. Trump's most difficult moments are self-inflicted. He isn't required to swat at everything the press throws at him, he doesn't have to 'get even' with every little thing. Sometimes, it's best to 'get even' down the road, not when your antagonists are baiting.

There's little doubt that there are members of the press, even some of those 'leaders' of countries he dislikes so much' that want him and his administration to fail, but he doesn't need to wear that knowledge on his sleeve.

He's many whom support him through thick and thin, really would cheer and back him without hesitation in any circumstances. Then there are many who really don't care for the man, but do want him or at least his administration to succeed, for the good of the country. When he goes off like he did with Putin, they are more than concerned.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

9. Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Look, some of you know that I’ve taken classes with a former CIA Director of Operations, and 30 year officer. He also sometimes did those daily intelligence briefings with the President in the past.

He has repeatedly told us that the country that has most tried to interfere in other countries’ elections is... the United States. He explained that interference is by planting narratives in newspapers, etc., often false narratives, to influence opinion. Sound familiar?

This “shocked” response to what Russia no doubt did here is absurd. And I’ll guarantee that Trump knows our intelligence history and current activities by now, and he and Putin acknowledged it accordingly.
    In class today, teach opened with the “elephant in the room”. Gist of his talk was that the CIA presents facts, as best they can gather them, to the President, Veep, Secretary of State, and a few others as needed. What is then done with that information is not in their purview. Reporting is based on reality, not politics.
    They would not be upset with Trump’s remarks. Their desire is to serve and stay out of public view. He clearly indicated that we should not be wringing our hands over any perceived insult to our Intelligence folks.

-Abbey

11. Likes Black Diamond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

In class today, teach opened with the “elephant in the room”. Gist of his talk was that the CIA presents facts, as best they can gather them, to the President, Veep, Secretary of State, and a few others as needed. What is then done with that information is not in their purview. Reporting is based on reality, not politics.
    They would not be upset with Trump’s remarks. Their desire is to serve and stay out of public view. He clearly indicated that we should not be wringing our hands over any perceived insult to our Intelligence folks.
    Can you help me understand the reversal yesterday ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Well I saw sanders press briefing and the White House position still seems to be that trump misspoke. Who knows.

In two weeks it'll be forgotten.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

More than Sarah:

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/07/...tion-meddling/

The post-Helsinki damage control continues. This afternoon President Trump gave an interview to CBS News in which he affirmed that Russia meddled in the 2016 election and that he holds President Putin responsible for it. CBS posted this transcript of the exchange between Trump and anchor Jeff Glor:

The note of realism about what to expect from Putin is all good and the fact that he said the same thing pre-Helsinki spoils the narrative that he went into this meeting without realistic expectations about the spin Putin was likely to offer. Trump literally knew the denial was coming before he arrived.

But that makes it even harder to explain why the president came out of his private meeting and reported that Putin had made an “extremely strong and powerful” denial. Why even mention it if you knew all along it was just Putin’s expected line of BS?

The good news is that President Trump seems to be back on track after a couple of rocky days. Yesterday’s clarification about would vs. wouldn’t in his Helsinki statement didn’t sound convincing but at least he’s now saying what he should have said at the time. It’s just too bad he couldn’t have said all of this when Putin was standing next to him. That would have been awkward but at least Putin would have walked away as the person looking diminished.

... (video at site)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

16. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Likes Black Diamond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Tom, I'm shocked you would have a don't give a fuck o meter regarding the President. It's not like you. I thought you liked him.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Well maybe Tom is feeling encouraged. If he is, I would like him to spread the encouragement around.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I completely disagree with the sentiment that Trump should have insulted Putin face-to-face. And the irony and hypocrisy is that had he done that, the same people would have cried that Trump can’t be diplomatic, and will hurl us into WWIII.

-Abbey

20. Likes Black Diamond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

And I completely disagree with the sentiment that Trump should have insulted Putin face-to-face. And the irony and hypocrisy is that had he done that, the same people would have cried that Trump can’t be diplomatic, and will hurl us into WWIII.
    People want him gone. They don't care how or for what cause, if any.

22. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Bad performance in front of a Russian leader, to the point of being treasonous? Hell, this isn't even in the top five:

24. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter, Drummond thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post