Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    Who among all of the members of DP...is qualified to be President of the United States?

I am convinced, no matter who lives in the White House. Because you call yourself an American...does not make it a Right to make a fool of yourself with Liberal Thinking, that can, and will work to destroy the only Country We have.

Anybody here better than our President? Please identify yourself.
    Then tell us why you didn't run.

I am thankful for growing older. Knowing there a few years left when I am constantly ignored for telling the TRUTH about the SELFISHNESS of many AMERICANS who should be ashamed of themselves for acting like children.
    I don't expect anyone to respond to this. But, I will no longer be providing any of what I have learned, only to be ignored because I tell the truth, and some just HATE THAT.
    You aren't ignored.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I'd meant to write, 'other than his tweets,' though it seems for the most part most find those endearing.

You were right about the omnibus, it was and is a massive spending boondoggle, but again it seems that everyone that was 'upset' came around to his really being an excellent chess master.

I think I'd be less concerned if there was such a cult-like approval flank for all he does. It is what it is though and thus my concerns.

Just to be clear, none of this means that I give support to what comes from the left, my criticisms of Trump are not driven by that or MSM criticisms.
    Sometimes I think we argue just for the sake of an argument. That is why we're here, is it not?

Or debate, call it what you will.

My point is and has been, simply, that this president has been getting STOMPED, just MAULED, KICK AND SPIT ON DAILY by the radical left wing, and just like Gunny says he hates any pompous ass, I hate it when someone gets ganged up on, and I think that's the feeling most of his supporters have also, thus why his support has not wavered, in fact has increased. It gets my hackles up when I see this one thing right after another, the vast majority being nothing more than democrats and their latest FAKE outrage. I could go on youtube right now and find HUNDREDS of videos of the left just CRUCIFYING Trump, and it's the most over the top, outrageous garbage I've ever heard in my life. It pisses me off.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 07-19-2018 at 09:43 PM.

3. Thanks Abbey Marie, Drummond, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    Who among all of the members of DP...is qualified to be President of the United States?

I am convinced, no matter who lives in the White House. Because you call yourself an American...does not make it a Right to make a fool of yourself with Liberal Thinking, that can, and will work to destroy the only Country We have.

Anybody here better than our President? Please identify yourself.
    Then tell us why you didn't run.

I am thankful for growing older. Knowing there a few years left when I am constantly ignored for telling the TRUTH about the SELFISHNESS of many AMERICANS who should be ashamed of themselves for acting like children.
    I don't expect anyone to respond to this. But, I will no longer be providing any of what I have learned, only to be ignored because I tell the truth, and some just HATE THAT.
    I haven't been around much. I have always appreciated your insights and humor.

5. Thanks aboutime, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes Tyr-Ziu Saxnot liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    @Kathianne: to respond to your question. The only response you are going to get is you hate Trump. The right has turned into the left. I see no difference in behavior between one side and the other. You're 100% for or 100% against for BOTH sides. Used to be the right stood for being against that mentality. Until they adopted it. Now it's okay.

It wasn't okay for Obama to make enemies of our allies and allies of our enemies, but it IS okay if Trump does it. Unions sucked to the right ]until Trump decided to artificially prop up an industry that can't compete fairly on the world market and strong-arm the World, to include US consumers, into footing the bill. Now over-priced-and-paid union industry is okay

The World doesn't agree with paying for it? They suck. But Putin's okay because he has no dog in the fight. Why should he care? He's probably amused more than anything.

I'd hate to be one of our so-called "allies" in the ME right now with Putin flexing his muscle and Trump doing nothing but talking.

It wasn't okay to f- over our allies when Obama did it, and it's not okay now.
    I've been against jobs leaving America for 30+ years. I would rather have union jobs here than have those Mfg jobs go to Mexico or China. That doesn't make me Jimmy Hoffa, Jr and I didn't change my mind suddenly because I fell for Donald Trump.
    Iran doesn't equal Russia. We were not on a good path with Russia the last couple years of Obama's administration and it would have escalated had Hillary won. If Western European "allies" are going to side with Iran and other Arab nations over Israel....

7. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I've given him benefit of doubt. That's not the same as rolling with the flow. Benefit of doubt has a REALLY thin line when he's screwing with the World.

I would say playing pattycakes with Putin after slamming everyone else with tariffs might be good diplomacy for Putin, but not to or for anyone else.
    You said above you haven’t liked him since the early 80s. When did you give him this benefit of the doubt? In the 70s?
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

9. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    You said above you haven’t liked him since the early 80s. When did you give him this benefit of the doubt? In the 70s?
    He did vote for him. Doesn't that count?

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

When trump was a cadet.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FakeNewsSux View Post
    Bad performance in front of a Russian leader, to the point of being treasonous? Hell, this isn't even in the top five:

Brilliant truth given. Every point he made was truth and dead on the mark, be it about Trump and/or about the hero of left/dem obama.
    When will the blinded, ignorant, do not give a damn , selfish self-serving , dem prone and gullible Americans wake up to the glaring fact that the Dem party work tirelessly against the security, welfare and prosperity of this nation? Thus making the dem party a true enemy of this nation!
    That folks, is the undeniable truth--a glaring fact. That is the reality.
    We need to stop thinking in a pre 1960'S sixties mode.

IT IS NO LONGER THE USUAL POLITICS AS USUAL GOING ON NOW.. IT IS A SUBVERTED ENTITY(THE DEM PARTY IN COLLUSION WITH MAINSTREAM MEDIA), ACTING WITH OPEN TREASON AGAINST WE THE TRUE AND LOYAL CITIZENS OF THIS NATION, IMHO...
    WAKE UP AND ACT NOW AT THE BALLOT BOX, OR ELSE VERY LIKELY A FUTURE CIVIL WAR WILL ACTUALLY OCCUR HERE, IMHO.
    In fact, I believe the absolutely treasonous dem party and their allies the globalists, plan on having one at some future date when they are in power here.
    A glaring example of why the treasonous libs and dems have destroyed the public education system, the more uneducated the populace, the easier it is that they can be deceived and manipulated! Even in the face of the overwhelming and easily researched evidence of what the dem party is truly doing, IMHO..
    Some of us refuse to be-- blinded sheeple, cowardly dummies and/or gullible morons...... -Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

13. Thanks FakeNewsSux, Drummond, aboutime thanked this post
    Likes aboutime liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    I've been against jobs leaving America for 30+ years. I would rather have union jobs here than have those Mfg jobs go to Mexico or China. That doesn't make me Jimmy Hoffa, Jr and I didn't change my mind suddenly because I fell for Donald Trump.
    Iran doesn't equal Russia. We were not on a good path with Russia the last couple years of Obama's administration and it would have escalated had Hillary won. If Western European "allies" are going to side with Iran and other Arab nations over Israel....
    Not the point. The point is, labor unions have priced those jobs overseas. THEY are at least part of the problem. The US cannot compete fairly on the World market when nobody else is playing nor paying union overhead.

This steel tariff is a perfect example. The steel industry didn't fail because of "cheap, foreign" steel, nor did it fail because jobs left since the iron-ore is in the ground on US soil. US steel did not modernize to stay in competition, and union fat cats made a killing. They priced themselves out of business just us quite a few labor unions have done for its workers.

As a capitalist (read: conservative/Republican) why would I NOT go where I can produce more capital for my shareholders? Isn't THAT the job? Instead, Trump is forcing the world and especially US taxpayers/consumers to foot the bill because US steel can't compete. Why? Because US labor unions demand all these "rights" for workers that no other countries have.

I never had them. I was on the clock 24/7 in the Corps, and as an electrician, I got paid for work. Not because I existed. That while IBEW union electricians sat on the bench without work waiting for a call.

I don't want jobs to leave the US, and I really could care less if foreign trade is evened out. At the same time, it could have been done a lot less noticeably than a wham, bam, thank you ma'am, and where trade is actually unfair as opposed to forcing the World to pay to prop up an industry that can't compete fairly.

This IS about FAIR trade, right? US and World consumers making up the difference in an arbitrary crutch created by Trump is anything BUT fair.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

15. Thanks FakeNewsSux thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Do you read my posts? I have constantly given him the benefit of doubt. I have defended a lot of his junk too. THAT DOESN'T MAGICALLY VANISH THE SECOND I CRITICIZE HIM.

I'm not following ANYONE blind. My mother taught me better.

17. Likes FakeNewsSux liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    He did vote for him. Doesn't that count?
    No. Not when I point out his mistakes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    When trump was a cadet.
    Or last week

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Brilliant truth given. Every point he made was truth and dead on the mark, be it about Trump and/or about the hero of left/dem obama.
    When will the blinded, ignorant, do not give a damn , selfish self-serving , dem prone and gullible Americans wake up to the glaring fact that the Dem party work tirelessly against the security, welfare and prosperity of this nation? Thus making the dem party a true enemy of this nation!
    That folks, is the undeniable truth--a glaring fact. That is the reality.
    We need to stop thinking in a pre 1960'S sixties mode.

IT IS NO LONGER THE USUAL POLITICS AS USUAL GOING ON NOW.. IT IS A SUBVERTED ENTITY(THE DEM PARTY IN COLLUSION WITH MAINSTREAM MEDIA), ACTING WITH OPEN TREASON AGAINST WE THE TRUE AND LOYAL CITIZENS OF THIS NATION, IMHO...
    WAKE UP AND ACT NOW AT THE BALLOT BOX, OR ELSE VERY LIKELY A FUTURE CIVIL WAR WILL ACTUALLY OCCUR HERE, IMHO.
    In fact, I believe the absolutely treasonous dem party and their allies the globalists, plan on having one at some future date when they are in power here.
    A glaring example of why the treasonous libs and dems have destroyed the public education system, the more uneducated the populace, the easier it is that they can be deceived and manipulated! Even in the face of the overwhelming and easily researched evidence of what the dem party is truly doing, IMHO..
    Some of us refuse to be-- blinded sheeple, cowardly dummies and/or gullible morons...... -Tyr
    Good points. Now you just have to figure out WHO the blind sheeple are.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Do you read my posts? I have constantly given him the benefit of doubt. I have defended a lot of his junk too. THAT DOESN'T MAGICALLY VANISH THE SECOND I CRITICIZE HIM.

I'm not following ANYONE blind. My mother taught me better.
    1. Yes, I read your posts, as you well know
    2. I have seen a lot of criticism; and occasional weak support.
    3. I’m not in the voting booth with you, so I don’t know for whom you’ve voted, nor does that matter anyway. I voted for Carter, but you’d be hard-pressed to find me saying anything good about his Presidency.

My perceptions are valid. Feel free to show him support whenever you’d like. Or not; I don’t care. But don’t tell me I’m not reading your posts, or that I don’t see what I see.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

1. Yes, I read your posts, as you well know
    2. I have seen a lot of criticism; and occasional weak support.
    3. I’m not in the voting booth with you, so I don’t know for whom you’ve voted, nor does that matter anyway. I voted for Carter, but you’d be hard-pressed to find me saying anything good about his Presidency.

My perceptions are valid. Feel free to show him support whenever you’d like. Or not; I don’t care. But don’t tell me I’m not reading your posts, or that I don’t see what I see.
    Bullshit. Period.