Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Default My quotes written over the years about , - What Poetry Is.....

This morn I decided to search my past poems, notes, etc-- to present my quotes on what poetry is. Many of these go back many decades.
    As far back as 1971...... There are likely many more but I stopped after finding a dozen. They are listed in no particular order of relevance or importance judged.

Listing A Personal View Of What Poetry Is

1. Poetry is a stone,turned to expose to searching winds once hidden earth.
    Robert J. Lindley

2. Poetry is art, mind painted, heart colored and fire risen.
    Robert J. Lindley

3. Poetry is a fruit, hanging on a bountiful tree, begging to fall.
    Robert J. Lindley

4. Poetry is an ever expanding ocean, begging ever more creatures to swim in its swirling depths.
    Robert J. Lindley

5. Poetry is cake on a golden platter, eaten with fork, spoon, butter knife or greedy hands.
    Robert J. Lindley

6. Poetry is cherry blossoms, crying for the soft, cool winds to wave their beauty to the awaiting sun and the gasping skies.
    Robert J. Lindley

7. Poetry is glistening dewdrops falling upon virgin ground to gift dawn's hope and night's desire to match brilliance of falling moonbeams.
    Robert J. Lindley

8. Poetry is man's heart and soul uniting to bless others, while temporarily shielding searching souls against this dark world's poison tipped arrows.
    Robert J. Lindley

9. Poetry is brightly sent musical notes that heart sees, mind colors and spirit longs to record.
    Robert J. Lindley

10. Poetry is ink blotted, soul driven splashes that cry to be read, beg to be understood and unabashedly sings to give to its readers.
    Robert J. Lindley

11.Poetry is a colorful bird, in heavenly flight to a paradise that awaits man's sincere pleading heart and desirous spirit.
    Robert J. Lindley

12. Poetry is a child happily playing, a mother joyfully singing and a father blessed to have and so very dearly appreciate loving both.
    Robert J. Lindley

Robert J. Lindley, 7-17-2018
    Subject, ( What Poetry Is)

Note- This was inspired by reading, The Name Forsakes Me's blog this morn.
    Which lists 50 famous quotes on what poetry is.

Copyright © Robert Lindley | Year Posted 2018
    Last edited by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot; 07-17-2018 at 10:31 AM.
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.