Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Under fire, Trump says he 'misspoke' about Russian interference in U.S. election

I still stand behind every comment I made 300%.

I see Trump is pulling back and clearing, that he SHOULD HAVE stated more about their interference, Russia, in our election. That is true, and he should have! I guess there's no issue with a clarification of such, but I certainly wouldn't go any further than that.

---

Under fire, Trump says he 'misspoke' about Russian interference in U.S. election

Facing withering criticism over Monday’s deferential joint news conference with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Helsinki, President Trump asserted Tuesday that he misspoke when he said that Russia had not interfered with the U.S. presidential election.

“Let me begin by saying that once again, full faith and support for America’s intelligence agencies. I have a full faith in our intelligence agencies,” Trump said, in a prepared statement.

Speaking from the White House, Trump said that after reviewing a transcript of the press conference he realized that “in a key sentence I said the word ‘would’ instead of ‘wouldn’t.’”

“Just to repeat it, I said the word would instead of wouldn’t,” Trump said, referring to his answer at the press conference, in response to a question about whether Russia had tried to influence the American election: “All I can do is ask the question — my people came to me, Dan Coats came to me and some others, they said they think it’s Russia. I have President Putin he just said it’s not Russia. I will say this, I don’t see any reason why it would be,” Trump had said, in a remark that stunned listeners and provoked outrage, even from many Republicans.

Blasted for questioning the findings of U.S. intelligence agencies that Russian operatives had meddled in the election — also a subject of more than two dozen indictments by the Department of Justice — Trump seemed more open to the intelligence findings, but continued to qualify his remarks. “I accept our intelligence community’s conclusion that Russia’s meddling in the 2016 election took place,” he said. “Could be other people also. A lot of people out there.”

Rest - https://www.yahoo.com/news/fire-trum...192113980.html
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Why not stick to his guns?

4. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

This entire hoopla over what he said, one way or the other, is just another, DAILY, ginned up, fake as SHIT, attempt by the rabid left and the deep state to get RID of Trump. They eat, breath and sleep GETTING RID OF HIM, and every day they wake up they tell themselves, TODAY IS THE DAY WE GET HIM.

I watched that press conference live with Trump and Putin, and I didn't hear ANYTHING wrong. Not until later did I hear this... MORONIC story about OUTRAGE, and TREASON, and EQUAL TO HITLER KILLING JEWS, UNHINGED, HYSTERICAL, APOPLECTIC HORSE SHIT from the left, and even from some on the right.

I don't think the president had anything to backtrack, clarify or otherwise quantify. But, he did, so we'll just move on the NEXT time, and you can rest assured it'll be VERY SOON, that the LEFT will be OUTRAGED, UNHINGED, BLOOD SHOOTING OUT OF THEIR EYES AND HEADS EXPLODING, about some other PATHETIC thing they just BLOW UP.

Ya know, all this SHIT coming from the left who just CAN'T control themselves, and I mean NOT, AT, ALL... people are seriously getting fed up with it, I read it, I see it in the comments on twitter, facebook, Disqus, it's all over, the rabid left is actually driving people AWAY from them, and TO president Trump. NOBODY likes to see someone get KICKED, SPIT ON and BEAT TO SHIT, DAILY, unless you're a TRASHY LEFTIST suffering from TDS.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 07-17-2018 at 03:43 PM.

6. Thanks Drummond, Black Diamond, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc, Drummond, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    This entire hoopla over what he said, one way or the other, is just another, DAILY, ginned up, fake as SHIT, attempt by the rabid left and the deep state to get RID of Trump. They eat, breath and sleep GETTING RID OF HIM, and every day they wake up they tell themselves, TODAY IS THE DAY WE GET HIM.

I watched that press conference live with Trump and Putin, and I didn't hear ANYTHING wrong. Not until later did I hear this... MORONIC story about OUTRAGE, and TREASON, and EQUAL TO HITLER KILLING JEWS, UNHINGED, HYSTERICAL, APOPLECTIC HORSE SHIT from the left, and even from some on the right.

I don't think the president had anything to backtrack, clarify or otherwise quantify. But, he did, so we'll just move on the NEXT time, and you can rest assured it'll be VERY SOON, that the LEFT will be OUTRAGED, UNHINGED, BLOOD SHOOTING OUT OF THEIR EYES AND HEADS EXPLODING, about some other PATHETIC thing they just BLOW UP.

Ya know, all this SHIT coming from the left who just CAN'T control themselves, and I mean NOT, AT, ALL... people are seriously getting fed up with it, I read it, I see it in the comments on twitter, facebook, Disqus, it's all over, the rabid left is actually driving people AWAY from them, and TO president Trump. NOBODY likes to see someone get KICKED, SPIT ON and BEAT TO SHIT, DAILY, unless you're a TRASHY LEFTIST suffering from TDS.
    In doing what they do .. relentlessly attacking a democratically-elected President .. all his attackers show their complete contempt for the democracy which put President Trump where he is.

This means one thing: if Trump's attackers win the next election, you will know for sure that democracy itself is under threat in America. Those who'll only show 'respect' for democratic process when it works for THEM, are essentially repeating Hitlers own past ... a vile and genocidal dictator who used democracy right up to the day when he had no further use for it.

Then ... it disappeared.

Why would today's Trump haters .. attacking a DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED INDIVIDUAL .. suddenly decide that democracy was sacrosanct ?
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

8. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes Tyr-Ziu Saxnot liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Simple question, when Obama was democratically elected and those who didn't like him, including myself, attacked him for his leadership were they paving the way for Hitler?

FYI, while it isn't my nature to post nonsense like that, you can all go back and look at the memes and such regarding how some on the 'right' viewed Obama, Michelle, even his kids. When asked about 'respect' it was, 'well he's earned this, they did it to GW!'

Personally I think those pictures or GW, Obama, Trump, and any family members really are more telling on those that post them than on their subjects. Let's not pretend that it's only the 'left' though that disrespects those elected.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Simple question, when Obama was democratically elected and those who didn't like him, including myself, attacked him for his leadership were they paving the way for Hitler?

FYI, while it isn't my nature to post nonsense like that, you can all go back and look at the memes and such regarding how some on the 'right' viewed Obama, Michelle, even his kids. When asked about 'respect' it was, 'well he's earned this, they did it to GW!'

Personally I think those pictures or GW, Obama, Trump, and any family members really are more telling on those that post them than on their subjects. Let's not pretend that it's only the 'left' though that disrespects those elected.
    I gave Obama a chance to prove himself.

His 'most transparent administration' set me off guard.

He turned out to be a racist, liar, obstructionist, bleeding asshole
    that only supported and encouraged rioters, Gangs, and scum that hype
    leftist ideals.

He sucks hard and deep.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    I gave Obama a chance to prove himself.

His 'most transparent administration' set me off guard.

He turned out to be a racist, liar, obstructionist, bleeding asshole
    that only supported and encouraged rioters, Gangs, and scum that hype
    leftist ideals.

He sucks hard and deep.
    I agree with the bolded. Transparent he was not, no argument. Worst president in my lifetime, including Carter.

Still, if it's 'respect the office, if not the man,' then memes and name calling really isn't appropriate from anyone. Now, calling him an a-hole, well I'm not going to get all upset. The thing is, the game now is to just give it back, 'harder and faster.'

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

12. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

James Woods tweets on twitter... "THIS IS CALLED PAINTING YOURSELF INTO A CORNER"...

14. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I just watched the press conference from today. Maybe he really did misspeak. Who knows. But this sudden "What I meant was" is unlike trump. He usually doubles down. It all seems strange to me

16. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

18. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Hardly.

My own reference to Hitler was concerned with duplication of a dishonest, democracy-contemptuous, methodology.

Those who opposed Obama as President chose reasons which at the same time were consistent with respect for American law and standards of qualification. For example, there was the question of what was true of his true birth details, wondering why his birth certificate remained hidden from public access ... as I recall.

But opposition to Trump are simply attacks against him as a personality, are invariably denigrations, the simple 'feeling' that peoples' vote for him should be overruled because THEY prefer it that way. Ask an anti-Trump figure why he shouldn't hold Office, and most will reply with an insult against him.

Not the same level of sheer vitriol was present. Not the same level of contempt for law and order. And, certainly, the 'excuses' to oppose Obama weren't nearly as lame !!

And let's not pretend that protesters from the Right-end of the spectrum are anything like as lacking in integrity as those from the Left regularly are !!

20. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    Hardly.

My own reference to Hitler was concerned with duplication of a dishonest, democracy-contemptuous, methodology.

Those who opposed Obama as President chose reasons which at the same time were consistent with respect for American law and standards of qualification. For example, there was the question of what was true of his true birth details, wondering why his birth certificate remained hidden from public access ... as I recall.

But opposition to Trump are simply attacks against him as a personality, are invariably denigrations, the simple 'feeling' that peoples' vote for him should be overruled because THEY prefer it that way. Ask an anti-Trump figure why he shouldn't hold Office, and most will reply with an insult against him.

Not the same level of sheer vitriol was present. Not the same level of contempt for law and order. And, certainly, the 'excuses' to oppose Obama weren't nearly as lame !!

And let's not pretend that protesters from the Right-end of the spectrum are anything like as lacking in integrity as those from the Left regularly are !!

Ok, according to you the right just hasn't hit its stride yet or maybe it's just that barbs aimed at the people you like sting more? I'm pretty sure that's what's happening too on the left, when they felt Obama was not given the deference they thought he deserved.

It's just possible that each side feels justified in their attacks on the other, because of the attacks from the other.

Anyways, I've posted enough about how I think others should treat those they disagree with, though I've lost it myself more than once. I wish things were different, but what is, is.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Are you saying that obama should not have been so viciously attacked by we on the right?
    For me, there simply is no room to use the criticisms voiced about and faithfully against the lying, worthless traitor obama and his anti-american, nation destroying actions-- to in anyway attempt to justify what the dems/libs/leftists and mainstream media is currently doing to President Trump.
    I will say this to any person alive, obama was and is nothing more than a traitor and a globalist puppet. He is also a muslim...-Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

23. Thanks Drummond, High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes Drummond, High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Are you saying that obama should not have been so viciously attacked by we on the right?
    For me, there simply is no room to use the criticisms voiced about and faithfully against the lying, worthless traitor obama and his anti-american, nation destroying actions-- to in anyway attempt to justify what the dems/libs/leftists and mainstream media is currently doing to President Trump.
    I will say this to any person alive, obama was and is nothing more than a traitor and a globalist puppet. He is also a muslim...-Tyr

Great reply, Tyr. Better put than the reply I had in mind !!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Ok, according to you the right just hasn't hit its stride yet or maybe it's just that barbs aimed at the people you like sting more? I'm pretty sure that's what's happening too on the left, when they felt Obama was not given the deference they thought he deserved.

It's just possible that each side feels justified in their attacks on the other, because of the attacks from the other.

Anyways, I've posted enough about how I think others should treat those they disagree with, though I've lost it myself more than once. I wish things were different, but what is, is.
    Tyr has just sent you a great reply, in my opinion.

You're trying to infer an equivalence between what the Left gets, and what the Right gets ... when there IS none. That some criticisms are DESERVED and RICHLY EARNED ... why doesn't that figure in your assessment ?

The Left attacks from a different motivational basis to those who criticise from the Right. I really fail to see how you don't recognise that.

Perhaps you could explain why that is the case ?

26. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post