Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Default What a Load of TOUCHY FEELY CRAP Air Force BMT Had Turned Into...

There was NONE of this, "tell me your problems" BULL SHIT in 1979. Sheeeezuz... and this is 2014, it's turned into a KIDDY CAMP with SAFE PLACES and PETTY PUPPIES for the little MILLENNIAL PUSSIES... I would NOT join the Air Force today, or the Navy, or probably even the Army. Hopefully the MARINES haven't fallen pray to the LIBERAL CODDLING of recruits, I'd join the Marines...

2. Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Saw this on facebook... seemed appropriate to put it here... poke a little fun at the AF...

4. Thanks STTAB, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

My understanding is that in Army basic training recruits can now give their instructors a time out card when things get too rough, and take a little break. I couldn't even imagine back in the day telling Drill Sergent Edwards that I needed a time out.

6. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    My understanding is that in Army basic training recruits can now give their instructors a time out card when things get too rough, and take a little break. I couldn't even imagine back in the day telling Drill Sergent Edwards that I needed a time out.
    They DID add some crying boxes, and timeout boxes like they now have in Cali, right? Feeling like the Sarge is being rough with you? Then off to the box for a good cry and let it out.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

8. Thanks STTAB, Drummond thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Even in post Vietnam, 1979 Air Force Basic Training, the T.I. could get right up in your face and scream all he wanted, and use whatever kind of language he wanted for as long as he wanted. There was no time outs or stress cards or any of that pussy crap. You either took it and got past it or you washed out, simple as that, and most took it, the vast majority. Kids nowadays are pussies. 75% of them can't even enlist. They're either too fat or too stupid or both, not to mention that testosterone is slowly diminishing from males. With each generation the males have less testosterone than their fathers.

Anyway, the physical demands back when I went through AF basic still weren't much, but they sure they hell played head games with you, probably more so than the other branches because the AF is all about paying attention to detail.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 09-19-2018 at 11:25 AM.

10. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Even in post Vietnam, 1979 Air Force Basic Training, the T.I. could get right up in your face and scream all he wanted, and use whatever kind of language he wanted for as long as he wanted. There was no time outs or stress cards or any of that pussy crap. You either took it and got past it or you washed out, simple as that, and most took it, the vast majority. Kids nowadays are pussies. 75% of them can't even enlist. They're either too fat or too stupid or both, not to mention that testosterone is slowly diminishing from males. With each generation the males have less testosterone than their fathers.

Anyway, the physical demands back when I went through AF basic still weren't much, but they sure they hell played head games with you, probably more so than the other branches because the AF is all about paying attention to detail.
    I went through basic in 1988 Ft Dix. And the DIs could do about anything they wanted to you back then. Including ordering code reds. I remember doing pushups in 110 degree weather until I puked , and that wasn't even punishment, just normal training.

12. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

I went through basic in 1988 Ft Dix. And the DIs could do about anything they wanted to you back then. Including ordering code reds. I remember doing pushups in 110 degree weather until I puked , and that wasn't even punishment, just normal training.
    ... and, of course, all of this 'damaged you forever' ....

You realise, of course, the seriousness of all this ? Unless the contributors to this thread aren't careful, some wandering Leftie (can't imagine who !) will come along, and worry whether any Service personnel actually get smackings these days ... (!!!) .....
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

14. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Kaffee: Colonel Jessup! Did you order the Code Red?

Jessup: I'll answer the question. You want answers?

Kaffee: I think I'm entitled to it!

Jessup: You want answers?!

Kaffee: I want the truth!!

Jessup: You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lieutenant Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives! You don't want the truth, because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall. We use words like "honor", "code", "loyalty". We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just said "thank you", and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!

Kaffee: Did you order the Code Red?

Jessup: I did the job that—-

Kaffee: Did you order the Code Red?!

Jessup: YOU'RE GODDAMN RIGHT I DID!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

16. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes STTAB, Drummond, High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Kaffee: Colonel Jessup! Did you order the Code Red?

Jessup: I'll answer the question. You want answers?

Kaffee: I think I'm entitled to it!

Jessup: You want answers?!

Kaffee: I want the truth!!

Jessup: You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lieutenant Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives! You don't want the truth, because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall. We use words like "honor", "code", "loyalty". We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just said "thank you", and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!

Kaffee: Did you order the Code Red?

Jessup: I did the job that—-

Kaffee: Did you order the Code Red?!

Jessup: YOU'RE GODDAMN RIGHT I DID!
    Great scene. That film gets shown on our TV every now and again. I've got that exchange recorded.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    Great scene. That film gets shown on our TV every now and again. I've got that exchange recorded.

19. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    I nearly have it entirely memorized! LOL Best Speech Ever from a movie, IMO. I see FNS posted the one from A few good men, here's my other favorite speech from a movie (sorry for veering off topic)

21. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Well if we're going to stray away from the OP, then let's do it in style... ... this is probably my favorite...

23. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc, Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Here's one of my favorites...

I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

25. Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Default All of The Services Saw This Crap

The Marines were the first to slap it down. Time Out? Negative - get out!

CG? does not work. We Boatswains fought it. Slinging a 12 ton buoy and 20 ton anchor on
    a buoy deck, there is no Time Out unless the Bosu'n calls "SILENCE".

Anchor detail....there is no Time out unless the Bosu'n or Damage Controllman call "SILENCE'.

SAR Case....pull that on me and you are beached from a boat crew. I did it 3 times.

Company Commanders in the CG regularly got in our faces, me especially
    because I was the RCC of Tango 100. RCC=Recruit Company Commander.
    Red Cards? No....me and the CC's used to laugh about it in their office. It
    was a stress learning experience.
    Last edited by Elessar; 09-19-2018 at 05:31 PM.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

27. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

I have an alternative 'style' of soldiering to suggest, in case any 'PC Leftie' types come wandering by, thinking that a 'touchy feely' military is to be somehow preferred.

Actually, to borrow one Leftie's buzz-word, one might call it, ahem, a 'perspective'. Or at least, a prognostication of where that 'perspective' might lead you ....

So, here, just for my 'favourite' Leftie, he of 'I must run away, when bested' fame ... here's a uniquely British offering .... are you sitting comfortably, @pete311 ... ??

There y'go ... from the land of rampant political correctness ... who else could dream that up, eh ?

Feeling better now, Pete ?
    Last edited by Drummond; 09-19-2018 at 05:35 PM.