Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Immigration is the top issue for voters heading into mid-term elections

The question is, is this rise going to be new folks voting because they are against current policies - or folks angry about illegal immigration?

---

Gallup: Immigration is the top issue for voters heading into mid-term elections

Immigration has surged to the top of the list of when Americans are asked what issue is the most pressing problem facing the country, according to Gallup’s latest poll.

In fact, the share of people who say immigration is the most important issue is higher now that at any time in the past 17 years that Gallup has been asking the question.

The Gallup poll, released Wednesday, found that 22 percent of Americans said in July that immigration tops their list of concerns, edging out the 19 percent who said “dissatisfaction with the government.” That is an eight-point bump since June, when just 14 percent put immigration at the top of the list.

The sharp rise comes as the nation is embroiled in a debate over President Donald Trump’s immigration policies, including a recent crackdown on illegal border crossings and tighter asylum standards that exclude most Central American migrants. The Trump administration says the tough approach is needed to deter illegal immigration, but activists and the president’s political opponents say the policies are cruel and, in some cases, illegal.

Rising concern over immigration is a bipartisan phenomenon, according to the Gallup poll. Among Republicans, Democrats, and self-described independents, more than twice as many respondents in July said immigration was the top issue as they did in August 2017.

Even so, the share of Republicans citing immigration as the most pressing issue was about twice as large as the share of Democrats, according to Gallup. Among Republicans, 35 percent said immigration was their top concern, while 18 percent of Democrats said the same.

The discrepancy could play to the advantage of the GOP as it seeks to retain majorities in both the House and Senate. GOP candidates who identify with Trump’s immigration policies will likely enjoy strong support heading into the November elections because Republican voters continue to place a comparatively high importance on immigration.

Rest - http://dailycaller.com/2018/07/19/ga...ters-midterms/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I blame the folks who want to dismantle ICE. People are in favor of enforcement, they always have been-except maybe in CA.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

3. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I blame the folks who want to dismantle ICE. People are in favor of enforcement, they always have been-except maybe in CA.
    No doubt. The abolish ICE crap has pissed a lot off and woke a lot of people. And now folks are still running with it for the mid-terms though. So I believe you'll have some contingent voting for that as well.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Yeah we're going to see a "blue wave" alright... a blue wave of DEFEAT.

I think the majority of Americans are sick to tears of all the unhinged radical democrat crap.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    You NAILED it Lady @Kathianne.

Dismantle ICE, really?. None of the protesters even know what ICE does.
    ICE serves warrants for those wet-backs already illegally in country.
    Pussie footed protesters have no sense of what they are all strung up about.

CA wants illegal immigration. It sucks up tax payers money. It gives
    liberals votes and sucks out conservative wallets to allow them in state...

Been there, Done That, got the Tee-shirt - which is used to polish my Cars.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

7. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    You NAILED it Lady @Kathianne.

Dismantle ICE, really?. None of the protesters even know what ICE does.
    ICE serves warrants for those wet-backs already illegally in country.
    Pussie footed protesters have no sense of what they are all strung up about.

CA wants illegal immigration. It sucks up tax payers money. It gives
    liberals votes and sucks out conservative wallets to allow them in state...

Been there, Done That, got the Tee-shirt - which is used to polish my Cars.
    They're getting PAID by George Soros. They move these professional protesters from one city to the next with all their nice printed up signs and crap, all financed by Soros and the DNC.

Ask these ass clowns about specifics about why they're protesting and the majority of them can only parrot out some pathetic radical democrat talking points. They get paid and go buy their next fix of heroine and shit and sleep in the streets.

People see it... you can't fool EVERYONE with this horse shit... and it IS back firing on the democrats.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 07-19-2018 at 06:56 PM.