Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I'm just trying to have a conversation, perhaps bring up a few points to ponder, I don't expect agreement or concessions. You've repeatedly written that 'you would too or I'd be more belligerent or the lying pusbags deserve it,' I'm not criticizing that, but you are not President, I think it takes a special kind...

Same with 'what would you do different?' Gunny isn't president, though he'll probably respond with something reasonable.

Truth is, most of the time that is a very, very tough job. In spite of all the 'drain the swamp' memes, bureaucrats are needed for expertise-it's too big of a job. Not just for President, also for Generals, Cabinet Members, Ambassadors, they NEED the expertise. Ask Darin, without all those folks that send all their specialized bits of information up the chain, the Generals wouldn't do what they do.

Ignoring the analysed and synthesized conclusions is probably not the brightest move in 99.9% of the cases. Is it infallible? Of course not. Yet when it comes to major powers, it's usually pretty darn close.

BTW, WMD were found in Iraq, which is the meme from the right the past few days regarding how 'corrupt' the intel services are. I'm not defending them at all, like Jim I've been critical of them for years. The difference is I want they reformed, not abolished because they've become way too political. I hope those that are under investigation, some indictments, are prosecuted.
    I just asked... what the hell is wrong with that? I'm frickin' curious. Is that alright? For Christ sake... have a cow.

2. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    I just asked... what the hell is wrong with that? I'm frickin' curious. Is that alright? For Christ sake... have a cow.
    No cow. It just seems when trying to discuss, not agree, not demand a thing, you ask a question that there's no right answer to. It seems like a deflection, rather than conversation.

The person doesn't have to take up your query, but there's a tendency for others to go, "Gee, you got 'em! Damn liberal, Trump haters!"

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

So what would you do different?
    That's a loaded question. First thing I WOULDN'T do is have meeting that I knew up front was going nowhere and would accomplish nothing. What was accomplished? "We'll have another meeting." AND the leftwingnut media from every Western nation with a typewriter taking apart his every word and twisting them around.

What did Putin say. do or promise? Nothing. As usual.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

6. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    That's a loaded question. First thing I WOULDN'T do is have meeting that I knew up front was going nowhere and would accomplish nothing. What was accomplished? "We'll have another meeting." AND the leftwingnut media from every Western nation with a typewriter taking apart his every word and twisting them around.

I wish we could be as certain of our President doing the same.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

8. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

I wish we could be as certain of our President doing the same.
    True enough. He's probably on Twitter now
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

True enough. He's probably on Twitter now
    I can handle his tweets much more than what he says behind doors. The following is written by someone who mostly supports Trump, but not uncritically. In this case I agree that there's something to be said for 'verbal promises' becomes a he said, he said. Not really enforceable.

Problem is, no one, even his own advisers are ever sure of what he says or means.

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/07/...gree-helsinki/

Republicans, Democrats Wonder: Just What Did Trump And Putin Agree To In Helsinki?

ED MORRISSEYPosted at 2:01 pm on July 19, 2018

11. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

No cow. It just seems when trying to discuss, not agree, not demand a thing, you ask a question that there's no right answer to. It seems like a deflection, rather than conversation.

The person doesn't have to take up your query, but there's a tendency for others to go, "Gee, you got 'em! Damn liberal, Trump haters!"
    It was a fair question.

Seems to me that if you're going to criticize someone for doing something, then you must have a reason why you did, and also have an idea what you'd do different.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

So... president Trump was just stupid, in your opinion, to meet with Putin at all, and any future meetings are equally as stupid?

He just can't win with either you or Kathy. Anything he does is stupid with both of you.

And in one post, his tweets are irrelevant, and now they are?

You two despise the hell otta him, we get him, you're entitled to your opinions and no one is bashing you for that, but the good things he's done that have made HISTORY are just... poo-poo... so what... he makes stupid tweets so we hate him.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 07-21-2018 at 02:55 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

So... president Trump was just stupid, in your opinion, to meet with Putin at all, and any future meetings are equally as stupid?

He just can't win with either you or Kathy. Anything he does is stupid with both of you.

You two despise the hell otta him, we get him, you're entitled to your opinions and no one is bashing you for that, but the good things he's done that have made HISTORY are just... poo-poo... so what... he makes stupid tweets so we hate him.

Not sure why you chose to drag me into this, I get enough negatives on my own merits. I had nothing against Trump meeting with Putin, it's how he acted at the press conference I had a problem with. His tweets are mostly nothing, until they aren't; even when they cross the line it seems even his Cabinet have decided that they won't take them too far.

With a few exceptions, the Helsinki being one, I've not had all that much negative to say about Trump, other than I find his character and behaviors unacceptable TO ME to support the man with my vote. Now if you want, I can list more of the exceptions, but I don't go out of my way to bash him. What I don't get for the most part, are people that have always written about how important morality and character are to them, that suddenly say it doesn't matter at all.

15. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Not sure why you chose to drag me into this...
    Then why are you replying to me to a comment I made to Gunny?

I replied to a comment you made to me, why didn't you reply to that?
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 07-21-2018 at 03:11 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Then why are you replying to me to a comment I made to Gunny?

I replied to a comment you made to me, why didn't you reply to that?

I did. You didn't like the answer.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I did. You didn't like the answer.
    Then why didn't you quote that conversation instead of my reply to Gunny?

You don't like my answers either.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Then why didn't you quote that conversation instead of my reply to Gunny?

You don't like my answers either.
    You threw me into your problem with Gunny.

I don't have time right now to read all the posts going back and forth, I try to catch those directed at myself and even miss those once in awhile.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

See my response, other thread, same basic subject. Stating a decision is stupid is NOT stating the person is stupid.

Do I consider it poor judgement on Trump's part? At THAT given time on THAT issue? Yep. What did he or the US get out of it? Nothing. Seems like the only winners were Putin and the World's MSM. I'd call that a bad deal.