Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    So... president Trump was just stupid, in your opinion, to meet with Putin at all, and any future meetings are equally as stupid?

He just can't win with either you or Kathy. Anything he does is stupid with both of you.

And in one post, his tweets are irrelevant, and now they are?

You two despise the hell otta him, we get him, you're entitled to your opinions and no one is bashing you for that, but the good things he's done that have made HISTORY are just... poo-poo... so what... he makes stupid tweets so we hate him.
    I missed the second half of this first time around. I don't despise Trump. I find his personal behavior unacceptable. I don't like braggarts. I don't like bullies. I don't care for people that just have to say something no matter how dumb, irrelevant or off-the-wall just to be hearing their tongue rattle against the roof of their mouth.

None of which has anything to do with my professional opinion of him as a professional. Don't know how they do it in the Air Force, bu my personal opinion got checked at the door every morning at 0630. We weren't issued one, and all one's personal baggage ever did was f*ck things up.

Why some choose to act as if I am speaking about them personally when I'm speaking of Trump beats the Hell out of me. If any of you IS Trump, everything I've said about Donald Trump stands. I don't say anything I wouldn't say to his face. But since none of you ARE Donald Trump, lighten the fuck up. Geez
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I missed the second half of this first time around. I don't despise Trump. I find his personal behavior unacceptable. I don't like braggarts. I don't like bullies. I don't care for people that just have to say something no matter how dumb, irrelevant or off-the-wall just to be hearing their tongue rattle against the roof of their mouth.

None of which has anything to do with my professional opinion of him as a professional. Don't know how they do it in the Air Force, bu my personal opinion got checked at the door every morning at 0630. We weren't issued one, and all one's personal baggage ever did was f*ck things up.

Why some choose to act as if I am speaking about them personally when I'm speaking of Trump beats the Hell out of me. If any of you IS Trump, everything I've said about Donald Trump stands. I don't say anything I wouldn't say to his face. But since none of you ARE Donald Trump, lighten the fuck up. Geez

It's strange to me, it seems that if you disagree with anything about Trump's decisions, (other than the tweets, sort of), you HATE him! I got to say, I've never loved or hated a politician-ever. Never been close like that.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

3. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    It's strange to me, it seems that if you disagree with anything about Trump's decisions, (other than the tweets, sort of), you HATE him! I got to say, I've never loved or hated a politician-ever. Never been close like that.
    I've been trying to think of something or someone I actually hate. Hate requires an emotional investment. One I learned doesn't work well with a loaded rifle in your hand.

I DO have a personal little hate list I try to pretend isn't there but it is reserved for a few very special people, more for what they have done than them personally. Trump ain't even on the radar.

Yeah, I don't get the personal investment to point of adulation. Certainly not for a politician.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

5. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I've been trying to think of something or someone I actually hate. Hate requires an emotional investment. One I learned doesn't work well with a loaded rifle in your hand.

I DO have a personal little hate list I try to pretend isn't there but it is reserved for a few very special people, more for what they have done than them personally. Trump ain't even on the radar.

Yeah, I don't get the personal investment to point of adulation. Certainly not for a politician.
    My ex made my 'hate list' as a solo for years, when I realized it was hurting me, not him, I let it go. Only person that qualified for the word, 'hate.' LOL!

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

7. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

My ex made my 'hate list' as a solo for years, when I realized it was hurting me, not him, I let it go. Only person that qualified for the word, 'hate.' LOL!
    There are two threads discussing the same thing so I just guess at which one to post in.

Something else that has come to mind concerns a lot of people saying they aren't the ones who have changed. Which of course got me to thinking back over the years.

GWB pissed me off more than twice. First, when he had both Houses of Congress and wanted to "get along" with Harry Reid He wouldn't sign anything into law, just passed EOs; which, of course we know Obama later walked all over. The next thing was invading Iraq. I went totally high and to the right, on the board, all of us posted on it (for the most part), and no one said a thing. Well, except the lefties who just wanted to bash Bush and jumped on the bandwagon because I had an actual argument with facts, experience and all that junk. I didn't get jumped on like the last bird out of Saigon. Think THAT Presidential decision didn't have a far-reaching effect? Everything wrong in the ME now is a direct result of toppling Saddam Hussein from power. Yes, Obama made it worse for whoever is going to say that but it's an irrelevant point to the initial decision.

Point is, there was none of this "you hate Bush" bullshit. People either disagreed, or didn't respond. No one was accused of having "BDS". People weren't getting beside themselves in anger and self-righteousness acting like to insult Bush was to insult them.

So what the Hell happened? Especially if everyone's still the same?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

You threw me into your problem with Gunny.

I don't have time right now to read all the posts going back and forth, I try to catch those directed at myself and even miss those once in awhile.
    I didn't throw you into ANYTHING. You DO like to rag on Trump, do you not?
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 07-21-2018 at 05:16 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    I didn't throw you into ANYTHING. You DO like to rag on Trump, do you not?
    The only "ragging" going on is on those who dare take the Lord's name in vain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I don't like bullies. I don't care for people that just have to say something no matter how dumb, irrelevant or off-the-wall just to be hearing their tongue rattle against the roof of their mouth.
    Then it would be safe to assume you don't like the way the radical, unhinged democrat propaganda wing has been treating our president, because that is EXACTLY what they've been doing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Get out the hip waders...
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 07-21-2018 at 06:15 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Are we all adults here?

If the answer is yes. Then, I would like to know....JUST WHO here has ever had a private conversation with anyone else....YOU didn't want anyone else to hear, or know about?

Same goes for the President. All of this childish, leftist, ignorance being projected...If my memory serves me correctly....DID NOT TAKE PLACE, during Roosevelt's meetings with Churchill, and Stalin. Nor did anyone know when Eisenhower had a private meeting with Khrushev, or JFK, or Nixon with the leader of China, Carter with the Egyptian President Sadat, and Rabin, and the list goes on...YET, The Democrats NEVER demanded to know what was said in any of those meetings, to be made PUBLIC....as a means to EXPOSE the TRAITORS we called President??????
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

15. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post