Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Default Gallup Shows How Much Americans Really Care About The "Situation With Russia"

This is just as I've thought. The radical left has been exposed as being FRAUDS with their FAKE DOSSIER and WITCH HUNT on president Trump, and Americans have TUNED OUT the democrat propaganda wing and their NON STOP MOANING of RUSSIA, RUSSIA, RUSSIA... their blinding HATE for Trump and their unhinged ranting and lying has left them out in the cold as virtually IRRELEVANT. Can't wait until November...

---------------

Gallup Shows How Much Americans Really Care About The "Situation With Russia"

While ever-hope-filled expectations among the left are for a 'blue wave' in the Mid-term elections, we suspect things may not turn out quite as planned given the last week's "crisis". Even before President Trump had set foot in Helsinki, the left and the media were banging the drums of war against "the thug" Putin and how he would trump Trump, and once the press conference furore was over, all hell broke loose as the left-leaning world attempted to out-signal one another's virtue as to the "treasonous", "surrender" that had occurred.

So much so - in fact - that the internet became 'full' of "Trump" and "Treason" chatter - more so even than when he joked in July 2016 about Russia having Hillary's missing 30,000 emails.

Once again - the "Russia, Russia, Russia" cries drowned out any sane discussion of the end of cold war 2.0.

There's just one problem with the Democrats' unending focus on Russia and the media's constant collusion chatter: few Americans care, because - drumroll - they have real lives in the real economy to worry about.

As the latest survey from Gallup shows: when asked what the most important problem facing the nation is, Russia did not even warrant a 1% - and worse still, it is declining in importance from there.

As David Sirota noted, "Gallup recently did a poll of what Americans say is the most important problem facing the country. One finding: the percentage of Americans saying “Situation with Russia” is the most important problem is literally too small to represent with a number."

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...tuation-russia
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 07-19-2018 at 06:51 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Screw the Democrats....liberals.

I wonder why and how their brains have enough horsepower to even breathe.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

3. Likes High_Plains_Drifter, Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    This is just as I've thought. The radical left has been exposed as being FRAUDS with their FAKE DOSSIER and WITCH HUNT on president Trump, and Americans have TUNED OUT the democrat propaganda wing and their NON STOP MOANING of RUSSIA, RUSSIA, RUSSIA... their blinding HATE for Trump and their unhinged ranting and lying has left them out in the cold as virtually IRRELEVANT. Can't wait until November...

---------------

Gallup Shows How Much Americans Really Care About The "Situation With Russia"

While ever-hope-filled expectations among the left are for a 'blue wave' in the Mid-term elections, we suspect things may not turn out quite as planned given the last week's "crisis". Even before President Trump had set foot in Helsinki, the left and the media were banging the drums of war against "the thug" Putin and how he would trump Trump, and once the press conference furore was over, all hell broke loose as the left-leaning world attempted to out-signal one another's virtue as to the "treasonous", "surrender" that had occurred.

So much so - in fact - that the internet became 'full' of "Trump" and "Treason" chatter - more so even than when he joked in July 2016 about Russia having Hillary's missing 30,000 emails.

Once again - the "Russia, Russia, Russia" cries drowned out any sane discussion of the end of cold war 2.0.

There's just one problem with the Democrats' unending focus on Russia and the media's constant collusion chatter: few Americans care, because - drumroll - they have real lives in the real economy to worry about.

As the latest survey from Gallup shows: when asked what the most important problem facing the nation is, Russia did not even warrant a 1% - and worse still, it is declining in importance from there.

As David Sirota noted, "Gallup recently did a poll of what Americans say is the most important problem facing the country. One finding: the percentage of Americans saying “Situation with Russia” is the most important problem is literally too small to represent with a number."

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...tuation-russia
    If "most Americans" (note this is from a poll) don't consider Russia an important issue then "most Americans" that think that way are stupid. More than likely willfully ignorant which is another name for stupid.

Russia is backing a regime that has vowed to take land back from Israel and WE are Israel's ally. I'd say that's important since he's got all the tanks, troops and bombs one could hope for already in the region and we don't.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

5. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I think most people are sick of the drumbeat of 'Trump. Russia. Collusion. Mueller.' Hopefully some people are going to figure out the difference between accusations of POSSIBLE collusion and Russian malignant behavior in our elections.

Russia can be interfering without any collusion with Trump, actually that is more than likely. That doesn't negate that Trump or someone in his circle have had ties with Russia, which is what the Mueller thing is all about, but there is no proof on that after all the $$ and time and press.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

7. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I think most people are sick of the drumbeat of 'Trump. Russia. Collusion. Mueller.' Hopefully some people are going to figure out the difference between accusations of POSSIBLE collusion and Russian malignant behavior in our elections.

Russia can be interfering without any collusion with Trump, actually that is more than likely. That doesn't negate that Trump or someone in his circle have had ties with Russia, which is what the Mueller thing is all about, but there is no proof on that after all the $$ and time and press.
    I'm SURE Trump has had dealings with Russia. He's an international business man, and even then, there's nothing ILLEGAL about having "ties" with Russia.

Did he COLLUDE with Russia to win his election? For the love of God... NO... but on the other hand, there's a MOUNTAIN of evidence that the DNC colluded with Russia. Where's the investigation into that?

How about that uranium deal? How about that $400,000 Hitlery banked? How about the $500,000 speaking fee Bubba Clinton got in Russia? On and on.

I mean... I know you see these things and I'm not now insinuating you don't.

9. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    If "most Americans" (note this is from a poll) don't consider Russia an important issue then "most Americans" that think that way are stupid. More than likely willfully ignorant which is another name for stupid.

Russia is backing a regime that has vowed to take land back from Israel and WE are Israel's ally. I'd say that's important since he's got all the tanks, troops and bombs one could hope for already in the region and we don't.
    It may be important, but it's the horse that's been beat dead so bad it's not even recognizable anymore.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

It may be important, but it's the horse that's been beat dead so bad it's not even recognizable anymore.
    Not recognizable as what, exactly? Does it take an "I told you so" before people listen? Oh yeah. This IS America.

Assad was losing his ass off in a civil war until Putin showed up and conducted his war for him. Assad may be doing the talking, but he's the puppet and Putin the master.

Assad is also aligned with Hezbollah/Iran. Iran seeks the destruction of Israel. Assad wants the Golan Heights back. With the new regime in Iraq, the shia cut a swathe in the ME from Afghanistan to Lebanon (the Med). Putin isn't giving up his warm water port and only access to the Med for nothing.

This is ongoing NOW. So the horse is hardly dead. Everybody else int eh Middle east is at war or staring it in the face and we're twiddling our thumbs looking at the sky?

Just like I tell you other things can be done without the US, the Earth can be destroyed for all of us without us too. Pretending it ain't so hardly changes the reality.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

12. Thanks Kathianne, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Not recognizable as what, exactly? Does it take an "I told you so" before people listen? Oh yeah. This IS America.

Assad was losing his ass off in a civil war until Putin showed up and conducted his war for him. Assad may be doing the talking, but he's the puppet and Putin the master.

Assad is also aligned with Hezbollah/Iran. Iran seeks the destruction of Israel. Assad wants the Golan Heights back. With the new regime in Iraq, the shia cut a swathe in the ME from Afghanistan to Lebanon (the Med). Putin isn't giving up his warm water port and only access to the Med for nothing.

This is ongoing NOW. So the horse is hardly dead. Everybody else int eh Middle east is at war or staring it in the face and we're twiddling our thumbs looking at the sky?

Just like I tell you other things can be done without the US, the Earth can be destroyed for all of us without us too. Pretending it ain't so hardly changes the reality.
    I know all that pard, and your knowledge of the middle east is impressive.

I was speaking of the poll, and Americans being sick of hearing about Russia. I don't mean that what's going on with things you mentioned aren't important, because they are, but when you've been brow beat over the head with the same unhinged crap for months on end, you're going to get sick of hearing about it. That's what the poll reflects. That not having anything to do with the actual importance of events.

Americans are worried more about what is going on in AMERICA is all, and right now, it's the illegal alien invasion.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 07-19-2018 at 08:14 PM.

14. Thanks Gunny, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

I know all that pard, and your knowledge of the middle east is impressive.

I was speaking of the poll, and Americans being sick of hearing about Russia. I don't mean that what's going on with things you mentioned aren't important, because they are, but when you've been brow beat over the head with the same unhinged crap for months on end, you're going to get sick of hearing about it. That's what the poll reflects. That not having anything to do with the actual importance of events.

Americans are worried more about what is going on in AMERICA is all, and right now, it's the illegal alien invasion.
    I agree with Americans being concerned only with America. This board itself is a perfect example. We have a LOT of forums. What gets the most traffic? What Trump did or didn't do now.

I got Jim to rename one forum the Middle East because a LOT is going on over there and I posted away for month or two. Lot of threads with no replies. And I didn't say "every". Just "a lot". The world is at war around us and all we care about is the latest pathetic accusation. Our collective attention is on an investigation we know is BS, and a Supreme Court nominee that isn't going to be left enough for the left and isn't right enough for me. Then there's the left openly defying the law on several matters, immigration being the biggest and no one is doing sh*t.

And guess what? None of our self-absorbed opinions and infighting are going to matter one wit it the Earth is nuked on the other side whele we had our heads up our own asses.

16. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter, Drummond thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter, Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I agree with Americans being concerned only with America. This board itself is a perfect example. We have a LOT of forums. What gets the most traffic? What Trump did or didn't do now.

I got Jim to rename one forum the Middle East because a LOT is going on over there and I posted away for month or two. Lot of threads with no replies. And I didn't say "every". Just "a lot". The world is at war around us and all we care about is the latest pathetic accusation. Our collective attention is on an investigation we know is BS, and a Supreme Court nominee that isn't going to be left enough for the left and isn't right enough for me. Then there's the left openly defying the law on several matters, immigration being the biggest and no one is doing sh*t.

And guess what? None of our self-absorbed opinions and infighting are going to matter one wit it the Earth is nuked on the other side whele we had our heads up our own asses.
    I might not respond to a lot of your posts about the ME, but I DO read them. I'll have to admit I just don't know as much as you do about it, so I lack the knowledge to comment.

I know it's important and we ALL should be more concerned and informed than we are about it. But from my point of view, I often wonder, why are we there? What is the strategic importance? Is it to battle radical islam and attempt to keep it in check? Or is it to keep a foothold in that area in case something horrible happens, like a nuclear attack? Or is it just a great place for us to test out new weapons and combat techniques?

I've also wondered what would happen if we just pulled out entirely. Let the rag heads have it. Let them kill each other until there isn't a man left standing. Just drop in a few million guns and ammo and let 'em have at it, and if they ever attacked us again on American soil, then go in like gang busters and do the "shock and awe" again, level the damn joint and LEAVE... have a nice day... attack us again and we'll do the same over again, and no, we're not staying and nation building, and no, we're not giving you any money.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 07-19-2018 at 09:07 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

I might not respond to a lot of your posts about the ME, but I DO read them. I'll have to admit I just don't know as much as you do about it, so I lack the knowledge to comment.

I know it's important and we ALL should be more concerned and informed than we are about it. But from my point of view, I often wonder, why are we there? What is the strategic importance? Is it to battle radical islam and attempt to keep it in check? Or is it to keep a foothold in that area in case something horrible happens, like a nuclear attack? Or is it just a great place for us to test out new weapons and combat techniques?

I've also wondered what would happen if we just pulled out entirely. Let the rag heads have it. Let them kill each other until there isn't a man left standing. Just drop in a few million guns and ammo and let 'em have at it, and if they ever attacked us again on American soil, then go in like gang busters and do the "shock and awe" again, level the damn joint and LEAVE... have a nice day... attack us again and we'll do the same over again, and no, we're not staying and nation building, and no, we're not giving you any money.
    Pick a year. Religion. Money. Control. Stop communism. Now it's stop radical Islam which we are doing a piss poor job of.

Nations like Iran NEED to be controlled more than North Korea. Iran and Turkey are the two biggest dangers in the ME and we are studiously avoiding confrontation with both.

This is what I don't get about the topic. Trump has done NOTHING about Russian or Turkish aggression, and the Turks flat out threatened us. Yet he'll bully our allies. THAT is some f-d up math.

19. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Pick a year. Religion. Money. Control. Stop communism. Now it's stop radical Islam which we are doing a piss poor job of.

Nations like Iran NEED to be controlled more than North Korea. Iran and Turkey are the two biggest dangers in the ME and we are studiously avoiding confrontation with both.

This is what I don't get about the topic. Trump has done NOTHING about Russian or Turkish aggression, and the Turks flat out threatened us. Yet he'll bully our allies. THAT is some f-d up math.
    and that is what leads to the 'liking strongmen' meme. It's beyond, 'Well he's our bastard, so. . .' He seems to relate and that's not a good message, imo.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

21. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Gunny liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    and that is what leads to the 'liking strongmen' meme. It's beyond, 'Well he's our bastard, so. . .' He seems to relate and that's not a good message, imo.
    I caught that statement when you posted it. I was considering this as well: he seems to not screw with anyone that won't take any crap off him. That doesn't look good either, but the thought came to mind.

So far he's "beat up on" a 3rd rate dictator with one bullet in his Barney Fife revolver, and a bunch of weak-kneed Euro's who'd be speaking German or Russian if not for us but are rather inept on their own.

23. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I caught that statement when you posted it. I was considering this as well: he seems to not screw with anyone that won't take any crap off him. That doesn't look good either, but the thought came to mind.

So far he's "beat up on" a 3rd rate dictator with one bullet in his Barney Fife revolver, and a bunch of weak-kneed Euro's who'd be speaking German or Russian if not for us but are rather inept on their own.
    So what would you do different?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

So what would you do different?
    I'm just trying to have a conversation, perhaps bring up a few points to ponder, I don't expect agreement or concessions. You've repeatedly written that 'you would too or I'd be more belligerent or the lying pusbags deserve it,' I'm not criticizing that, but you are not President, I think it takes a special kind...

Same with 'what would you do different?' Gunny isn't president, though he'll probably respond with something reasonable.

Truth is, most of the time that is a very, very tough job. In spite of all the 'drain the swamp' memes, bureaucrats are needed for expertise-it's too big of a job. Not just for President, also for Generals, Cabinet Members, Ambassadors, they NEED the expertise. Ask Darin, without all those folks that send all their specialized bits of information up the chain, the Generals wouldn't do what they do.

Ignoring the analysed and synthesized conclusions is probably not the brightest move in 99.9% of the cases. Is it infallible? Of course not. Yet when it comes to major powers, it's usually pretty darn close.

BTW, WMD were found in Iraq, which is the meme from the right the past few days regarding how 'corrupt' the intel services are. I'm not defending them at all, like Jim I've been critical of them for years. The difference is I want they reformed, not abolished because they've become way too political. I hope those that are under investigation, some indictments, are prosecuted.