Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Default Jordan Peterson destroys the idea of White Privilege

We’ll see Tyr, or perhaps you don’t have /any common sense/ and the point went /right over your head/ aswell.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

2. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    We’ll see Tyr, or perhaps you don’t have /any common sense/ and the point went /right over your head/ aswell.
    Well my friend, if it did -ALL- just go right on over my head, then such is the curse if only being human and not perfect.
    Perfection I dare not ever claim!
    But, but but, once in the summer of '69, I truly thought that- I HAD DONE SOMETHING PERFECT BUT SADLY FOUND OUT LATER THAT I WAS ONLY MISTAKEN..----Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

4. Thanks SassyLady, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Given my knowledge of the American Indian wars, I’m completely unequipped to answer any of those questions.
    Noir ... I'm talking about the spread of "white privilege" way before colonization of the Americas.

Specifically, Western Europe. Surely you know a little about how that happened. How did the conquerors gain enough strength to become dominant?
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    Noir ... I'm talking about the spread of "white privilege" way before colonization of the Americas.

Specifically, Western Europe. Surely you know a little about how that happened. How did the conquerors gain enough strength to become dominant?
    What time period are you talking about when ‘white conquerors’ were not the dominants in Western Europe?

Tbh I think this is a lot of talking around the point - can we cut to the quick as to what this has to do with the topic?
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

What time period are you talking about when ‘white conquerors’ were not the dominants in Western Europe?
    Tbh I think this is a lot of talking around the point - can we cut to the quick as to what this has to do with the topic?
    Noir, the topic of this thread IS Jordan Petersen, who is from Canada btw, explaining it's not white privilege but tribal privilege (which is not confined to America). The question to you is "how did this particular tribe" evolve to become dominant. Why not the black, brown, or rainbow colored skin tribes? Try to explain why those tribes did not become dominant instead of trying to justify what liberals have pounded away to the point of creating white guilt. Do you ever listen to his talks?

Do you think in the beginning of time whites were just granted being a privileged tribe? There's reasons, which were mentioned by Tyr, and I'm sure you can give your opinion on what they are.
    Last edited by SassyLady; 07-31-2018 at 05:26 AM.

8. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Drummond thanked this post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

I would be quite confident that I have listened to and read more of Peterson’s work than anyone else on this forum, so I am well aware of him.

As I referenced in my first post in this thread - Jordan’s objection manifests as little more than a rebranding, from white privilege to majority privilege. In accepting that you can then look to your society to see what majority privileges exist, and how you can help to stop them existing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

I would be quite confident that I have listened to and read more of Peterson’s work than anyone else on this forum, so I am well aware of him.

As I referenced in my first post in this thread - Jordan’s objection manifests as little more than a rebranding, from white privilege to majority privilege. In accepting that you can then look to your society to see what majority privileges exist, and how you can help to stop them existing.
    Why stop them?

Petersen quote

"I think the idea of white privilege is absolutely reprehensible. And it's not because white people aren't privileged. You know, we have all sorts of privileges, and most people have privileges of all sorts, and you should be grateful for your privileges and work to deserve them, I would say. But, the idea that you can target an ethnic group with a collective crime, regardless of the specific innocence or guilt of the constituent elements of that group, there is absolutely nothing that's more racist than that. It's absolutely abhorrent."
    Last edited by SassyLady; 07-31-2018 at 06:09 AM.

11. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Tyr-Ziu Saxnot liked this post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    Why stop them?
    Because I think it is better that a society has has individualism at its base, rather than tribalism.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Because I think it is better that a society has has individualism at its base, rather than tribalism.
    To put it in UN-politically correct terms, which I usually excel at, it's as simple as this... this "white privilege" cry is pure hog wash. It's nothing more than reverse racism. Evidently things like Affirmative Action and quotas and what not still aren't enough to "level the playing field" for some races to compete against white people. Those races must really be stupid and lazy! No... they can't be that stupid, it must be something else. Oh I know, it's WHITE PRIVILEGE. Whites didn't get into that college because of their good HS grades and entrance exam tests scores, it was WHITE PRIVILEGE, and they didn't get that good job because they graduated from college with honors, no of course not, it was WHITE PRIVILEGE, and they don't have that nice car and that nice house in a nice neighborhood and EVERYTHING else because they WORKED hard for it and EARNED it, no, it was GIVEN to them because they're WHITE, it was that WHITE PRIVILEGE.

And there's your FARCICAL white privilege. It's cry baby black people that started this garbage. We've been bending over backwards for blacks giving them special treatment and handing everything over to them on a silver platter for 50 years now, and since they still can't achieve the standing in society that white people have, it CAN'T be because they haven't WORKED as hard as whites, or even because they're not as SMART as whites, yes I went there because they're NOT, no it HAS to be something else, so they dream up this moronic white privilege BS.

Sometimes I don't know why society even entertains such idiotic ideas. I'm amazed how they feel the need to have conversations about topics that are about as stupid as, "why do turds stink?" When the answer is obvious, people dance around these issues and pretend there's all these other psycobabble reasons because first and foremost, political correctness cripples them and they're incapable of admitting the true, core reasons. That's why stupid issues like this even have life.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 07-31-2018 at 10:11 AM.

14. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Drummond liked this post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Drifter -

I think the concepts behind white privilege are more nuanced than you would imply, and indeed as per Sassys quote of him Peterson himself doesn’t deny that these privileges exist.

What Peterson says may well be considered ‘unPC’ but regardless of that it is at the very least a well reasoned argument that is made in good faith. Your post appears to be neither well reasoned, or in good faith.
    Last edited by Noir; 07-31-2018 at 07:30 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Drifter -

I think the concepts behind white privilege are more nuanced than you would imply, and indeed as per Sassys quote of him Peterson himself doesn’t deny that these privileges exist.

What Peterson says may well be considered ‘unPC’ but regardless of that it is at the very least a well reasoned argument that is made in good faith. Your post appears to be neither well reasoned, or in good faith.
    Well, see, there ya go. You're brain has been so polluted with political correctness and leftist BS group think already in your little young life without any wisdom, you're not only unaware of your own ignorance, you're incapable of seeing the obvious.

So what do you do, just like any other sassy little leftist twit, you have to spew out an insult.

Well how's this, fuck you.

17. Thanks Noir, Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Really noir?

You should be talking to the NAACP, and our BLM groups here in the USA, rather than pretending to have all of the answers about White Privilege.
    When liberals from all walks of life are convinced...the color of another human being's skin gives them the Liberal Definition of Privilege...that merely endorses the hypocrisy that surrounds the racist tactics to belittle other human beings. You are proving it.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

19. Thanks SassyLady, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Can an individual survive without tribalism? Thoughts From Man With A Purpose.

THE FALLACY OF JORDAN PETERSON’S INDIVIDUALISM

The natural state of humankind is that of organic hierarchy. It is the state in which every human in a semi-normative environment is born into, at least on the micro scale. A person is born with brother and sisters, cousins, uncles, a father and mother, and grandparents: a family. This family unit is the quintessential tribe.....

1. The great accomplishments of the West were not due to individualism. In fact, as individualism has increased in recent times, the greatness of the West has decreased. For example, compare the art of more traditional times to modern art, which is much more individual and subjective than the older forms.
    2. The idea that there are only two modes (individualism and collectivism) is dishonest and ignores the fact that for most of Western Civilization, neither mode of organization was primary. This false dichotomy is very similar to the false dichotomy of capitalism/communism. Both of these fallacies are the product of modern barren minds.

http://manwithapurpose.com/the-falla...individualism/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Drifter -

I don't accept - certainly not in modern times - the notion of 'white privilege'.

Times may have changed. But, Noir, you must be very well aware that in our own society, people can talk of 'the black culture', or 'black interests'. London Broadcasting (LBC - news radio station) used to regularly broadcast a programme called 'Rice and Peas', and it openly advertised itself as a programme 'from a black point of view'.

Not many saw any of that as racist.

Now, try substituting the word 'black' for 'white'. Imagine LBC devoting any programme at all to 'a white point of view'. Noir, you and I know that LBC would probably lose its license to broadcast, with pressure groups and politicians alike branding them racist. Everybody would see a 'white' version of such things, concepts, as outrageously racist IF 'white' is considered. Not so if we're talking about black people, though.

Ancient history may say one thing about so-called 'white privilege'. But now, it's redundant .. some may not admit it, but the tables are turned. Today, any suggestion of modern-day 'white privilege' is BOGUS. If anything, it's the other way around.

And well you know it, Noir .. if you're being honest.
    Last edited by Drummond; 07-31-2018 at 07:04 PM.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

If you disagree that majority privileges exist, fair enough, but I think that puts you in a low minority, and understandably so.