Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Default Today's "protesters" in Charlottesville and DC - explanation needed

I just got back from the gym, where I somewhat unwillingly was subject to CNN without sound on the TV screens, and they were talking about protesters and counter-protesters in Charlottesville and DC.

CNN made it clear that the protesters are all white, and repeatedly described them as "white supremacists", "white nationalists" (whatever that is), "alt-right" (whatever that is), "rascists", "Neo-Nazis", and KKK. Clearly, CNN wanted you to think of them as a a group of white Nazi rascists.

CNN described the counter-protesters mostly just as "anti-hate". CNN said that the counter-protesters outnumbered the protesters, but they didn't seem to want to say by how much. By the video on CNN, it looked like the protesters were about 30 white guys walking down the street surrounded by police. The counter-protesters clearly included dozens of Antifa wearing masks, so my guess is that if there were any violence, that's where it would be coming from. I think Antifa was drooling at the chance to use violence against a group of people the media has told us it is okay to hate.

Anyway, I've learned to not trust CNN even when they say the sun rises in the east, so I'm asking here for an answer I can trust. Are the white protesters at these rallies really rascists, Nazis, or KKK? I know the media says they are, but have these protesters actually announce who they are or what they are protesting. Do they wear Nazi or KKK clothes? In other words, are they really bad people, or are they just a convenient target for CNN reporters?
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 - A wise man's heart directs him to the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him to the left.
    Wise men don't need advice, and fools won't take it - Ben Franklin
    "It's not how you start, it's how you finish."

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    Anyway, I've learned to not trust CNN even when they say the sun rises in the east, so I'm asking here for an answer I can trust. Are the white protesters at these rallies really rascists, Nazis, or KKK? I know the media says they are, but have these protesters actually announce who they are or what they are protesting. Do they wear Nazi or KKK clothes? In other words, are they really bad people, or are they just a convenient target for CNN reporters?
    Hell, I don't think the gathering in Charlottesville was "white supremacist" or related last year. I think it was a horrid choice by a gathering of far right folks, looking to speak out and march against all of the monuments being taken down and other actions by the "left" in stomping their feet and whining. I DO think there are racists involved too, of course. But I don't think that's the majority, nor ever the intent.

The media, and mostly CNN, WANT it to be such a gathering, of white supremacist nazis and your every day nice folks protesting against it. They WANT to create the division and riots if they're lucky. And of course they want to paint anyone who shows up on the right, in the worst possible lights, they are leftist after all.

Not folks I want to gather with and spend a Friday evening, but I also don't think they are the KKK white supremacist fanatics, nor as bad as the media wishes for.

Antifa is worse. The main reason there is any confrontation anywhere is because of them. They come in their masks as they are embarrassed and don't want to be outed. They generally have back packs and weapons, or try to find a way to sneak in weapons (like the professor who beat the crap out of 7 people with a bicycle lock). The controversy sells, Antifa is a byline - and the headlines and stories are about the alt-right and their KKK white supremacist friends.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

CNN is full of shit.

How many 'white' protesters wear masks?
    Carry weapons, loot, burn and attack others.
    Point is very few.

How many anarchist protesters wear masks? Damn near all of them
    How many attack others? Damn near all of them.

How many black protesters wear masks? Many.
    How many attack others? Damn near all of them with rocks, bottles,
    destroying property and gunfire

Alcatraz needs to be re-opened.
    Last edited by Elessar; 08-12-2018 at 06:47 PM.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!