I just got back from the gym, where I somewhat unwillingly was subject to CNN without sound on the TV screens, and they were talking about protesters and counter-protesters in Charlottesville and DC.

CNN made it clear that the protesters are all white, and repeatedly described them as "white supremacists", "white nationalists" (whatever that is), "alt-right" (whatever that is), "rascists", "Neo-Nazis", and KKK. Clearly, CNN wanted you to think of them as a a group of white Nazi rascists.

CNN described the counter-protesters mostly just as "anti-hate". CNN said that the counter-protesters outnumbered the protesters, but they didn't seem to want to say by how much. By the video on CNN, it looked like the protesters were about 30 white guys walking down the street surrounded by police. The counter-protesters clearly included dozens of Antifa wearing masks, so my guess is that if there were any violence, that's where it would be coming from. I think Antifa was drooling at the chance to use violence against a group of people the media has told us it is okay to hate.

Anyway, I've learned to not trust CNN even when they say the sun rises in the east, so I'm asking here for an answer I can trust. Are the white protesters at these rallies really rascists, Nazis, or KKK? I know the media says they are, but have these protesters actually announce who they are or what they are protesting. Do they wear Nazi or KKK clothes? In other words, are they really bad people, or are they just a convenient target for CNN reporters?