Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Trump pulls security clearance of ex-CIA Director John Brennan

And it does bring up a good question as posed - why do these folks keep their security clearances long after gone? And if from a party that disagrees, like that can't spell trouble. Good to see this blabber mouth go without access now.

---

Trump pulls security clearance of ex-CIA Director John Brennan

President Donald Trump on Wednesday revoked the security clearance of former CIA Director John Brennan, who has become a harsh critic of the president, and appeared to be targeting others who have disagreed with the administration.

“Mr. Brennan’s lying and recent conduct characterized by increasingly frenzied commentary is wholly inconsistent with access to the nation’s most closely held secrets and facilities, the very aim of our adversaries which is to sow division and chaos,” White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said, reading a statement from Trump while briefing reporters on Wednesday.

“Mr. Brennan has recently leveraged his status as a former high-ranking official with access to highly sensitive information to make a series of unfounded and outrageous allegations — wild outbursts on the internet and television — about this Administration,“ the president‘s statement continued.

In addition, Sanders said, the administration is evaluating clearances for former FBI Director James Comey, former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, former National Security Agency Director Michael Hayden, former national security adviser Susan Rice, former FBI attorney Lisa Page, former Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates, former FBI counterintelligence agent Peter Strozk, former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, whose security clearance was deactivated after he was fired earlier this year, and Bruce Ohr, who is still in the Justice Department although he was demoted from associate deputy attorney general.

“More broadly, the issue of Mr. Brennan’s security clearance raises larger questions about the practice of former officials maintaining access to our nation’s most sensitive secrets long after their time in government has ended,” Sanders said.

Rest - https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...brennan-778791
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

The whining has begun! What he is worried about? WHY does he need clearance at this point?

Figures he's on MSNBC. And he IS being suppressed! Because of his own bad mouthing and talking about shit from behind the scenes. Why take chances? If someone is no longer on the team and there, I would remove ALL of them. And that applies too all parties if/when they take over office.

And "free speech" isn't the ability to have security clearance when not employed there. That's ridiculous.

---

Brennan: Revoking My Clearance to ‘Suppress’ Criticism – Behavior of ‘Tyrants an Despots’

On Wednesday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “Deadline: White House,” former CIA Director John Brennan reacted to the revocation of his security clearance by stating he believes the action is intended to “intimidate and suppress” criticism of the Trump administration and that “I’ve seen this type of behavior and actions on the part of foreign tyrants and despots…I never, ever thought that I would see it here in the United States.”

Brennan said, “I do believe that Mr. Trump decided to take this action, as he’s done with others, to try to intimidate and suppress any criticism of him or his administration. And revoking my security clearances is his way of trying to get back at me. But I think I have tried to voice the concerns of millions of Americans about Mr. Trump’s failures, in terms of fulfilling the responsibilities of that sacred and solemn office of the presidency, and this is not going to deter me at all. I’m going to continue to speak out.”

He continued, “I am very worried about the message that it appears that Mr. Trump is trying to send to others, including those that currently hold security clearances within the government. … Is this an effort to try to cow individuals both inside and outside of the government to make sure that they don’t say anything, either that is critical of Mr. Trump or with which he disagrees? And I’ve seen this type of behavior and actions on the part of foreign tyrants and despots and autocrats for many, many years during my CIA and national security career. I never, ever thought that I would see it here in the United States.”

https://www.breitbart.com/video/2018...ts-an-despots/

John Brennan: Revoking Security Clearance an Attack on ‘Free Speech’

Former Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) director John Brennan called President Donald Trump’s decision Wednesday to revoke his security clearance an “attempt to suppress freedom of speech” and to “punish critics.”

Brennan was a controversial figure during the Obama administration

White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders read a statement earlier Wednesday from the president that explained his decision, citing his constitutional authority and duty to protect the nation’s secrets:

Mr. Brennan has a history that calls in to question his objectivity and credibility. In 2014, for example, he denied to Congress that CIA officials under his supervision had improperly accessed the computer files of congressional staffers. He told the Council on Foreign Relations that the CIA would never do such a thing. The CIA’s Inspector General however contradicted Mr. Brennan directly, concluding unequivocally that agency officials had indeed improperly accessed congressional staffers files. More recently, Mr. Brennan told Congress that the intelligence community did not make use of the so-called Steele dossier in an assessment regarding the 2016 election, an assertion contradicted by at least two other senior officials in the intelligence community, and all of the facts.

Additionally, Mr. Brennan has recently leveraged his status as a former high ranking official with access to highly sensitive information to make a series of unfounded and outrageous allegations, wild outbursts on the internet and television about this administration. Mr. Brennan’s lying and recent conduct, characterized by increasingly frenzied commentary is wholly inconsistent with access to the nation’s most closely held secrets and facilities, the very aim of our adversaries which is to sow division and chaos.
    Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...n-free-speech/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

3. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter, Russ thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

If I were President, Brennan would have had his security clearance revoked a year and a half ago, and who give a hoot if other CIA Directors have traditionally been allowed to keep their clearances . At least the other CIA Directors kept their mouths shut, and didn't use their former position and their security clearance to get political. His security clearance was an undeserved favor, not anything he was "owed". Same goes for James "the NSA doesn't spy on Americans" Clapper.

By the way, in my opinion, Brennan is dumb as dirt. And not regular dirt, either - dumb dirt. The kind of dirt that the other dirt makes fun of, for being such an idiot. It is inexpicable that he got the CIA position. He barely qualifies to clean the rest room at the BiLo gas station.
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 - A wise man's heart directs him to the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him to the left.
    Wise men don't need advice, and fools won't take it - Ben Franklin
    "It's not how you start, it's how you finish."

5. Thanks aboutime, High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default More to come...AT LAST.

[IMG]
    [/IMG]
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

7. Thanks Russ thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

This was actually prior to his clearance going bye bye, and shows why.

---

Former Obama CIA Director and Hack John Brennan Disses President Trump – Remains Mute on Claims He’s QB of Spygate

Former CIA Director John Brennan was outed this week for being the quarterback of Spygate while he was head of the CIA under President Obama. He claims he is ‘Nonpartisan’ but the facts show a different story.

Two days ago, , President Trump’s attorney, former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, outed John Brennan as the man in charge of ‘Spygate’. Rudy claims Brennan was orchestrated the ‘Spygate’ scandal and was the quarterback –

Brennan did not refute this, instead he bashed President Trump with a couple tweets. He claims in his Twitter handle that he is ‘nonpartisan’ –

Giuliani claimed that Brennan was behind the scandals to prevent candidate Trump from winning the 2016 election and then prevent him from running the government when he did. Brennan set the President up using outright lies that slandered the President in an effort to have him removed. But when he was outed, he didn’t deny the charges he dissed the President instead.

His first tweet attacked the President’s character which is stunning since Brennan is being accused of crimes related to the Russia scandal. Brennan claims the high road –

You’re absolutely right. If you were “presidential,” you would focus on healing the rifts within our Nation, being truthful about the challenges we face, & showing the world that America is still that shining beacon of freedom, liberty, prosperity, & goodness that welcomes all. https://t.co/zRHRYAFEAo

— John O. Brennan (@JohnBrennan) August 13, 2018

His second tweet again attacked the President.

It’s astounding how often you fail to live up to minimum standards of decency, civility, & probity. Seems like you will never understand what it means to be president, nor what it takes to be a good, decent, & honest person. So disheartening, so dangerous for our Nation. https://t.co/eI9HaCec1m

— John O. Brennan (@JohnBrennan) August 14, 2018

Also, note above that Brennan has only 339 thousand followers and yet Twitter reports that he received more than 60 thousand likes on his latest tweet. President Trump has 53 million followers and yet Twitter reports he only received 67 thousand likes on his recent tweet. Something doesn’t make sense with Twitter reporting. #shadowban

Brennan’s actions show he is not nonpartisan and he is guilty as claimed related to the phony Trump-Russia scandal. He is a crook and conspirator and he should be in jail for what he’s done to America and this President. Lock Him Up

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...qb-of-spygate/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    If I were President, Brennan would have had his security clearance revoked a year and a half ago, and who give a hoot if other CIA Directors have traditionally been allowed to keep their clearances . At least the other CIA Directors kept their mouths shut, and didn't use their former position and their security clearance to get political. His security clearance was an undeserved favor, not anything he was "owed". Same goes for James "the NSA doesn't spy on Americans" Clapper.

By the way, in my opinion, Brennan is dumb as dirt. And not regular dirt, either - dumb dirt. The kind of dirt that the other dirt makes fun of, for being such an idiot. It is inexplicable that he got the CIA position. He barely qualifies to clean the rest room at the BiLo gas station.
    I think his appointment by Obama as CIA Chief is quite easily explained. The Dear Leader needed a political hack that would do his bidding (eg initiating and organizing an effort to preserve Obama's legacy by trying to derail the GOP candidate's campaign and later his presidency) and no self respecting intelligence professional would do it.

11. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LongTermGuy View Post
    Hey LTG, did you get punked by 5stringJeff in the Photo Web Page Thread? Ever since you replied to him the Xed out photo icon is the only thing that shows up. Did you enter step 2 from his post?

13. Thanks darin thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

AOL's report on this:

https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...ance/23502988/

All the people on that list are implicated, one way or another, in
    all the scandals that began right after the election.

Jim's question, How long do they last?

Some in high positions are sworn to remain silent and secretive for life.
    They are the highest classification of clearance.
    TS is good for 10 years before renewal.
    Secret is good for 5.
    Confidential, I am unsure.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

15. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

This is a non-issue. having a clearance doesn't mean one has access. It's just goofy to make an issue out of something that is generally part of the process upon leaving federal service - after two years (if i recall) the clearance goes inactive anyway and an investigation would probably have to be re-done upon returning to service.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Every person that the obama placed in *his service* that has any type of high level security clearance should not only have been fired immediately after Trump was sworn in but should also have had their security clearances revoked....
    This is just common sense, IMHO..
    Did Trump even know what obama was?
    Does he , even now know?
    One look at what the America hating , muslim dogturd did to this nation should have told him and Trump should take far greater steps at removing that crap the traitor installed.
    And take any legal action that he can to expose what that fkking traitor the dem
    muslim in hiding, POS obama did to ==ALL OF US!!!--Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

18. Thanks FakeNewsSux, High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes FakeNewsSux liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Has anyone even found out EXACTLY what security clearance he had? I have to believe he had the lowest level of CONFIDENTIAL. Big deal. Criticize Trump and you get spanked. God bless America.
    Last edited by pete311; 08-16-2018 at 01:35 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Has anyone even found out EXACTLY what security clearance he had? I have to believe he had the lowest level of CONFIDENTIAL. Big deal. Criticize Trump and you get spanked. God bless America.
    It was a little more than just criticizing him.

21. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default You still haven't used your RIGHT to remain silent petey.

Since you have obviously NEVER had a Govt. Security Clearance. You probably don't know...IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT LEVEL of clearance you might have. Using the information to attack the U.S. Govt. as an Active, or Former member of Govt. with classified information of any kind, is AGAINST CIA, FBI, and FEDERAL Laws.

The President's primary job is to PROTECT AMERICA, and AMERICANS. Therefore. He has the ability, and power to REMOVE anyone from Govt. Employment, and Security Clearances of ANY KIND.
    Too bad you sound so much like the CRYBABIES on the Left, who make up their own rules.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

23. Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Nobody that is the head or high-ranking in an Intel or L.E. agency will carry only
    CONFIDENTIAL.

It would be the highest level, Top Secret that is an executive level. CONFIDENTIAL
    is for very low level persons that do not get involved in any business except cutting the
    grass around the building and have to be escorted in any secure space.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...learance_terms
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

25. Thanks LongTermGuy, Gunny thanked this post