Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
Speaking as one who has been called honky, cracker, whitey, guerro, gai-jin just to name a few labels off the top of my head, I really don't care if he did say it. It annoys me greatly that blacks can call eack other "nigga" while whites run around saying "the N word". Even the word cannot be discussed.

Whatever
Just do what I do, Gunny. I self identify as a black lesbian at work and mercilessly tear into any sexist, racist pig who dares challenge how I define myself. It's quite liberating and you can ask any of my co-workers that I use whatever words in an appropriate context I care to. I've become so effective with this strategy that when I was threatened with suspension for using "racist terms", a black female co-worker read the complaint and looked up at me dumbfounded and said, "But you're black!?" After filing a grievance laying out in detail how I work for the most sexually, racially, ethnically, religiously and chronologically bigoted corporation in America, the suspension was dismissed with a personal apology from the Division Manager. They haven't messed with me since even though I still refuse to pull any punches.