Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Meanwhile, in Germany and France, people are fighting back against mass immigration to the point of civil war.......and Leftist (Liberals) remain stupid...

`CIVIL WAR IS COMING: Germany now joins France as citizens from both countries flood the streets in rage against Islamic immigration`

Germany is now joining France in the enormous build up to civil War as right-wing radicalization takes hold as a result of the migrant crisis and the recent Terrorist attacks. Street fighting has now erupted in Germany with citizens clashing with police across several german cities........

http://www.cvikasdrv.com/2018/08/15/...c-immigration/

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Default Millennial Couple Bikes Through ISIS Territory to Prove ‘Humans Are Kind’ > Killed

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    terrorism is not the product of 'humanity' at all. Those indulging in it cannot be classified as human.
    Terrorism is very much a product of humanity. Created by, and carried out by humans.

Pretending that there are ‘others’ or ‘non-classified humans’ or whatever you want to call them is counterproductive imo. Humans murder, humans rape, humans extort etc etc
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Terrorism is very much a product of humanity. Created by, and carried out by humans.

Pretending that there are ‘others’ or ‘non-classified humans’ or whatever you want to call them is counterproductive imo. Humans murder, humans rape, humans extort etc etc
    I agree terrorists are human. But there's nothing counterproductive in saying they aren't.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Default Millennial Couple Bikes Through ISIS Territory to Prove ‘Humans Are Kind’ > Killed

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    I agree terrorists are human. But there's nothing counterproductive in saying they aren't.
    I think there is - otherism makes things seem foreign/disconnected when that’s not the case. It also closes the door on integration and rehabilitation in circumstances were it otherwise may be possible.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I think there is - otherism makes things seem foreign/disconnected when that’s not the case. It also closes the door on integration and rehabilitation in circumstances were it otherwise may be possible.
    Some humans cannot be integrated nor rehabilitated.

6. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Some humans cannot be integrated nor rehabilitated.
    Some, maybe, but I think that is a small net to cast.

I was reading a excerpt of a Nazi recently, he was the leader of his group and over years got about as low as you could expect. Then, per chance, after lynching a black man who happened to stumble upon their group in a McDonald’s one night, his perspective changed. He left the group, and now spends his time trying to counsel nazis out of their belief system.

Now whether or not you believe violent nazi thugs etc should be integrated or rehabilitated into society is one thing, but having read the story’s of their violence committed both physical and psychological, and acknowledging that they can come back, is important.
    Last edited by Noir; 08-19-2018 at 06:22 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

I was reading a excerpt of a Nazi recently, he was the leader of his group and over years got about as low as you could expect. Then, per chance, after lynching a black man who happened to stumble upon their group in a McDonald’s one night, his perspective changed. He left the group, and now spends his time trying to counsel nazis out of their belief system.

Now whether or not you believe violent nazi thugs etc should be integrated or rehabilitated into society is one thing, but having read the story’s of their violence committed both physical and psychological, and acknowledging that they can come back, is important.
    Good thing there's that ONE person. Did his repentance bring the black guy back to life?

Nope. He's STILL dead no matter how sorry Mr Ex-whatever is. First

One of the first things you learn in Okinawan te ... the best way to win a bar fight is to not go to the bar.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

9. Thanks Black Diamond, Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

I take your point, but I think we are war against terrorists, and war changes a lot of things. By "we" I mean America, western Europe, and Israel - basically all the countries that terrorists are targeting.

The most basic thing that war changes is that "we" have to believe we are the good guys, and that the people we are war against are not good-just-misunderstood guys. Vietnam showed how impossible it is to fight a war if people on your side start thinking that the other side is "good-just-misunderstood". It is the first step toward being the losing side.
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 - A wise man's heart directs him to the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him to the left.
    Wise men don't need advice, and fools won't take it - Ben Franklin
    "It's not how you start, it's how you finish."

11. Thanks Gunny, Black Diamond thanked this post
    Likes FakeNewsSux liked this post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    I take your point, but I think we are war against terrorists, and war changes a lot of things. By "we" I mean America, western Europe, and Israel - basically all the countries that terrorists are targeting.

The most basic thing that war changes is that "we" have to believe we are the good guys, and that the people we are war against are not good-just-misunderstood guys. Vietnam showed how impossible it is to fight a war if people on your side start thinking that the other side is "good-just-misunderstood". It is the first step toward being the losing side.
    I grew up in a country in which terrorism was a daily occurrence, with the ‘otherism’ mindset on both sides, it doesn’t help, it hinders.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Couldn't have said that better. Tried many times as a matter of fact. Those people do NOT think like us. Period. They believe THEY are the "good guy" every bit as much as we do.

Then along comes the moral equivalence folk with zero regard for the real World in real time and want to make US the bad guys. All that's fine and dandy and we all probably want a nice, peaceful utopia to live in. Reality is we are in a war of cultures and there WILL BE a winner and loser. Those sitting on the sidelines are as worthless as tits on a boar.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

14. Thanks Black Diamond, Russ thanked this post
    Likes Elessar liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

I grew up in a country in which terrorism was a daily occurrence, with the ‘otherism’ mindset on both sides, it doesn’t help, it hinders.
    Unfortunately, it is a sad fact of life. If Side A sympathizes with Side B but Side B doesn't sympathize with Side A, Side B will win every time.

If the Allies had had more sympathy or for the Axis during WWII, for example, it might have changed who won the war. Western Europe would have been sympathetic (and would have been nicer people) during the whole war, right up to the point where Germany took over Europe. Unfortunately, during war it is better to be unsympathetic.
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 - A wise man's heart directs him to the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him to the left.
    Wise men don't need advice, and fools won't take it - Ben Franklin
    "It's not how you start, it's how you finish."

16. Thanks Black Diamond, Gunny, Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Unfortunately, it is a sad fact of life. If Side A sympathizes with Side B but Side B doesn't sympathize with Side A, Side B will win every time.

If the Allies had had more sympathy or for the Axis during WWII, for example, it might have changed who won the war. Western Europe would have been sympathetic (and would have been nicer people) during the whole war, right up to the point where Germany took over Europe. Unfortunately, during war it is better to be unsympathetic.
    Somehow chamberlain fits into what you're saying here.

18. Thanks Gunny, Russ thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Yet, the fact that that one Nazi could eventually be rehabilitated, was of zero help to the lynched black guy. Which is the point.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

20. Thanks Russ thanked this post
    Likes Russ liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Somehow chamberlain fits into what you're saying here.
    Poor Chamberlain. All he wanted was peace and all his appeasement did was embolden the enemy who could give a crap less about peace. His name gets dropped a LOT

Don't forget Obama. Although his motives were different, he basically kissed every one of our enemy's asses and even made a one-sided deal with Iran all for his ego and "legacy". He is THE perfect example of what Russ is speaking of: Sympathetic to the enemy every bit as much as Chamberlain and Jimmy Carter were unrealistic, Utopian idealism.

22. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

As you know, we also saw this with King Alfred’s stand against the Vikings taking over the last bit of what is now England.
    Today’s liberals would no doubt encourage Alfred to try to “understand” the invaders, and see their utter goodness.

Heck, they might even invite them in.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

24. Thanks Gunny thanked this post