Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    See... this remark right here -^^^- is why logical people really can't talk to a liberal. It's like they're from another PLANET.

Did I say I was "PARANOID?" No.
    Did I say I was "AFRAID?" No.
    Is my "MIND MELTING?" No.
    Is the "WORLD BURNING DOWN?" Yes, a good portion of it is.

Did I point something out about Germany that you ENTIRELY, COMPLETELY, UTTER MISSED? Yes.

Just like the two little leftist flower children bubble heads going to ride their bikes around the world to prove to people like ME how SAFE it is. Didn't get very far and they were mowed down with a car and stabbed to death. They too thought, oh golly gee, don't live in fear, there's nothing to be afraid of and we'll PROVE IT, and we all know how that turned out. It's people like you that march head long into danger living in your lala land of milk and honey thinking the world is a safe place, you can go anywhere, do anything, and nothing, EVER, will happen to you, because everything is FIIIIIIIINE! If those two bicycle flower children had listened to you, they'd STILL BE DEAD. If they had listened to me, they'd be ALIVE, had they taken my advice. So am I going to listen to a little ass clown like YOU? NO.

What you MISSED, little Pete, was the point about the cultural destruction of Germany by Merkel flooding the country with MUSLIM garbage from third world SHIT HOLES. You FAIL to look at the bigger picture. You just see a chance to start talking your SHIT and take it. I'm sure the people that went to work the morning of 9/11 thought, oh there's nothing to fear, nothing is going to happen.

The word here is "TREPIDATION." I don't have VICTIM tattooed on my forehead like you do.

The other reason I pause is why would I want to spend my money in a nation that pollutes it's culture, it's towns and cities, it's heritage and identity with muslim trash from M.E. shit holes that don't assimilate and bring nothing but violence, death and destruction?

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2017/01/1...-new-years-eve

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2017/07/g...motive-unknown

http://www.pewforum.org/essay/the-gr...im-population/

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/1...y-islam-rising

http://www.billionbibles.org/sharia/...n-germany.html
    I would ask Darin. Me personally? I'm not going somewhere that has opened its doors to ragheads and let them run the asylum. Germany's PC laws are too weird for me. There are just some places I'm not going.

I got off the boat ONE TIME and went into Dubai. After passing through 2 rings of security armed to the gills with .50s, then riding in an exposed bus to town where the tallest thing would have been a blade a grass for MILES and thinking the whole time "If I was a raghead with a RPG ...."... Sitting duck. No thanks. Every other time I got off the boat in the ME and Africa I was armed to the teeth.

Afraid? I don't call common sense fear. I didn't used to go to the gator farm in Miami and walk amongst the crocs at chow time either
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Accept Germans. Scary lot they are.
    Accept? I do accept...my Dad's family came from there.

If you meant except, you are dreaming again and talking out of your ass once more.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

3. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

If people travel here, they travel for themselves - they do not travel to make a political point supporting the government. I live in a place that has more US Citizens living outside the USA than any other place on the planet. If anyone visits, they visit here to see amazing history, beautiful, kind people and drink wonderful beverages. I'd host anyone who cares to visit - just drop me a PM. Free lodging too

Must like dogs. And a cat.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    If people travel here, they travel for themselves - they do not travel to make a political point supporting the government. I live in a place that has more US Citizens living outside the USA than any other place on the planet. If anyone visits, they visit here to see amazing history, beautiful, kind people and drink wonderful beverages. I'd host anyone who cares to visit - just drop me a PM. Free lodging too

Must like dogs. And a cat.
    Next time I'm in Europe I'll hit you up. Could be next summer.

6. Likes darin liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

If people travel here, they travel for themselves - they do not travel to make a political point supporting the government.
    I'll bet some do... like little Pete.

I live in a place that has more US Citizens living outside the USA than any other place on the planet.
    That's reassuring.

If anyone visits, they visit here to see amazing history, beautiful, kind people and drink wonderful beverages.
    Yes, it would have been wonderful to visit Germany like ten years ago before Merkel flooded the country with NOT beautiful, kind people.

I'd host anyone who cares to visit - just drop me a PM. Free lodging too.
    I wouldn't host anyone that said they were going to "HIT ME UP."

I haven't totally discarded the idea, but I am wary. Just my nature.

8. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    I'll bet some do... like little Pete.

That's reassuring.

Yes, it would have been wonderful to visit Germany like ten years ago before Merkel flooded the country with NOT beautiful, kind people.

I wouldn't host anyone that said they were going to "HIT ME UP."

I haven't totally discarded the idea, but I am wary. Just my nature.
    There's a simple point that needs to be made, though, and one already mentioned. If you do visit Germany (or almost any EU country), you'll definitely need to watch what you say. Along with high immigration rates of 'undesirables', comes a 'PC' climate suited to it all. Speak out in an un-approved of manner, and I think you'll be lucky if the result just stops as an argument.

In my country, we have 'hatespeech' laws. Express disapproval of creeds such as Islam beyond a certain degree, and you risk arrest.

I don't know if Germany is the same. It might well be, though. Darin may need to advise.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    There's a simple point that needs to be made, though, and one already mentioned. If you do visit Germany (or almost any EU country), you'll definitely need to watch what you say. Along with high immigration rates of 'undesirables', comes a 'PC' climate suited to it all. Speak out in an un-approved of manner, and I think you'll be lucky if the result just stops as an argument.

In my country, we have 'hatespeech' laws. Express disapproval of creeds such as Islam beyond a certain degree, and you risk arrest.

I don't know if Germany is the same. It might well be, though. Darin may need to advise.
    Watch what you say to whom? Really, as a tourist, it's all about experiencing the country and culture.

Here's Germany today - Drank a beer in the courtyard of a castle overlooking a beautiful, quaint city

Attached Images Attached Images
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

11. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

A large portion of why I'd visit Germany, other than the beer and history, would be just to meet Darin, who I think is a solid dude, got his shit together and I believe would make an awesome host and tour guide.

Course I or anyone else could just wait until he moves back to America I suppose, but I'm a WWII history buff. Would love to visit places like the Wolf's Den, the Berghof, even Auschwitz. As an empath I can't even imagine what I'd feel there. My emotions would probably be off the charts. I hear you can visit Goebbels' cabin too, although it's a rather large place to be called a cabin.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 08-18-2018 at 11:05 AM.

13. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Likes darin liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

When Dad was stationed in Lakeheath England, they sometimes flew into
    what was then West Germany or occasionally Berlin. That was in the mid 60's.
    He said that what was not wrecked in the two World Wars was gorgeous.
    His immediate family was from Vienna Austria, by the way. There is still
    a candy factory there in our name, and was owned by his Granduncle.

I wish I could tour and see the old castles of Europe and some of the
    fine architecture there, but I doubt that will happen.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

15. Likes darin liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Watch what you say to whom? Really, as a tourist, it's all about experiencing the country and culture.

Here's Germany today - Drank a beer in the courtyard of a castle overlooking a beautiful, quaint city

I almost didn't reply, because I can't speak for how things are in Germany.

I can only say that, in my country, the reply to your question would've been obvious. You'd watch what you were saying, in public, in front of anyone who could obviously take offence at, for example, anti-Islamic comments, choosing to interpret them as 'incitement to hatred'.

https://www.revolvy.com/page/Racial-...atred-Act-2006

At the general election, the Labour Party confirmed that, were it to be re-elected, it would bring in a Bill to outlaw incitement to religious hatred: "It remains our firm intention to give people of all faiths the same protection against incitement to hatred on the basis of their religion. We will legislate to outlaw it and will continue the dialogue we have started with faith groups from all backgrounds about how best to balance protection, tolerance and free speech".
    You'll note that last sentence. It basically says that 'free speech' is fine, so long as the freedom of expression involved weighs out well against other factors, such as 'protection and tolerance'.

In other words, others decide what is or is not 'acceptable' free speech. The 'unacceptable' version is punishable in law.

17. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Default Visit Germany, or Not Visit Germany... That Is The Question...

This thread is so wildly off base it’s borderline hilarious.

I’m glad we have Darin popping in to try and give some sanity and perspective on Germany, meanwhile Drummonds here trying to make the U.K. sound like something altogether unfamiliar ^,^
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Never in my wildest dream did I ever think a bunch of tough guy military men would be afraid to visit Germany. Truly amazing and pathetic times we live in.
    The reason these tough military men are still alive to post in this forum is because they trust their gut instincts. There's a difference between paranoia and prudence.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Accept Germans. Scary lot they are.
    Except the people we are concerned about in this thread aren't Germans. No matter how many times Merkel says they are.

21. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Elessar liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    This thread is so wildly off base it’s borderline hilarious.

I’m glad we have Darin popping in to try and give some sanity and perspective on Germany, meanwhile Drummonds here trying to make the U.K. sound like something altogether unfamiliar ^,^
    Indeed ?

Perhaps Northern Ireland has different laws altogether ... but, in this case, I doubt it.

These things are arranged 'stealthily'. Naturally, 'good' reasons are offered for the introduction of legislation, frequently having very little to do with the true motivation and intent behind them. Nonetheless, certain legislation DOES exist, and DOES have its effect.

Noir, I invite you to show me that the following is 'fiction' ....

https://www.revolvy.com/page/Racial-...atred-Act-2006

The Racial and Religious Hatred Act 2006 (c. 1) is an Act of the Parliament of the United Kingdom which creates an offence in England and Wales of inciting hatred against a person on the grounds of their religion. The Act was the Labour Government's third attempt to bring in this offence: provisions were originally included as part of the Anti-Terrorism, Crime and Security Bill in 2001, but were dropped after objections from the House of Lords. The measure was again brought forward as part of the Serious Organised Crime and Police Bill in 2004-5, but was again dropped in order to get the body of that Bill passed before the 2005 general election.

The Act is notable because two amendments made in the House of Lords failed to be overturned by the Government in the House of Commons.

Most of the Act came into force on 1 October 2007.

Previous attempts at legislation

After the terrorist attacks of 11 September 2001, the Government in Britain brought forward the Anti-Terrorism, Crime and Security Bill. Clause 38 of that Bill would have had the effect of amending Part 3 of the Public Order Act 1986 to extend the existing provisions on incitement to racial hatred to cover incitement to religious hatred. When the Bill reached the House of Lords, an amendment to remove the clause was passed by 240 votes to 141. The Commons reinstated the clause, but the Lords again removed it. Finally, the then Home Secretary, David Blunkett, accepted that the Commons had to accede to the Lords' insistence that the clause be left out of the Bill.

The government brought the proposal back before Parliament in the Serious Organised Crime and Police Bill in the Session leading up to the general election in May 2005. During the Lords debate on the relevant section of the Bill, on 5 April 2005 (the day on which the general election was called), the provision was removed. When the Bill returned to the Commons on 7 April, the Government announced that it was dropping the measure so as to secure the passage of the Bill as a whole before the Dissolution of Parliament .

At the general election, the Labour Party confirmed that, were it to be re-elected, it would bring in a Bill to outlaw incitement to religious hatred: "It remains our firm intention to give people of all faiths the same protection against incitement to hatred on the basis of their religion. We will legislate to outlaw it and will continue the dialogue we have started with faith groups from all backgrounds about how best to balance protection, tolerance and free speech".
    Note the 'balance' intention. In other words, the right to free speech is 'balanced' against other 'considerations'.

I've seen it said on this forum that, with free speech, 'people have a right to be offended'. Here in the UK, our Left have legislated against it.

Try arguing vigorously against a Muslim, in public, on grounds of his or her religion. Said Muslim need only claim incitement to hatred on grounds of his religion to have you arrested.

Noir, you still want to argue against what you can see with your own eyes, and more, what you MUST know is true ?? Then tell me that Wikipedia is lying, here .....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_s...United_Kingdom

Hate speech laws in England and Wales are found in several statutes. Expressions of hatred toward someone on account of that person's colour, race, disability, nationality (including citizenship), ethnic or national origin, religion, gender identity, or sexual orientation is forbidden. Any communication which is threatening or abusive, and is intended to harass, alarm, or distress someone is forbidden. The penalties for hate speech include fines, imprisonment, or both.

Enough said, I think. Noir, I'll thank you to be more truthful and accurate in your offerings, here, in future.

QED.
    Last edited by Drummond; 08-19-2018 at 08:05 AM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Default Visit Germany, or Not Visit Germany... That Is The Question...

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    Try arguing vigorously against a Muslim, in public, on grounds of his or her religion.
    Is that what you do on a normal day? Or when on holiday? Or ever?
    Last edited by Noir; 08-19-2018 at 11:40 AM.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.