Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I think you've overused Darin's name a tad ...
    He's not used to this much attention.

2. Thanks darin, Gunny thanked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I think you've overused Darin's name a tad ...
    Darin is a name
    anyone would
    rush to use
    in every opportunity
    now through eternity
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

4. Thanks Black Diamond, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Drummond, SassyLady liked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    He's not used to this much attention.
    i give myself attention all the time. I'm single
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

6. Thanks Black Diamond, Gunny, Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Black Diamond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    i give myself attention all the time. I'm single
    Underrated. A preferred state of being for me.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    My daughter is a staunch libertarian and hates the draconian, fascist restricts of most of the UK. Yet she LOVED London, and will attend university, in all likelihood, in Northern Ireland, as you know.

My point - and probably your point - is this: For people wanting to come and engage in learning the culture, food, history - for wanting to spend time touching historic sites, monuments, and buildings - Europe is an incredible destination.

Some of the realities I see: Isis is not blowing up traffic jams - absolutely vulnerable folks. They are not walking around our malls detonating bombs. They are not accosting people with any regularity. But shit happens.

Last september in Milan I walked out of a mall area near the main cathedral. One of the public trash bins was smoking as if something was burning inside. As I passed i stuck my head over but could see nothing. I moved my daughter and friend quite rapidly away - walking as fast as we could without looking like we were in a panic. Nothing came of the smoking bin, but we were right to un-ass the area asap.

My daughter walking through Amsterdam passed a woman wearing much-much too heavy of a coat for the summer. The woman had a large handbag and she was scuttling along staring at the ground. My daughter and her friend turned right down a side street and then left to put a city block of buildings between her and the woman. Nobody panicked and nobody was truly scared - but she did that simply because her spidey-sense was tingling. Nothing came of it.

When I have guests we travel mid-week as much as we can, and we lay-low on weekends if we can. We see sites at the extreme hours - either right at opening or end of day - but we try to avoid mid-day rushes. That's partly because i hate crowds

So - I'm trying to say, if somebody comes to Germany, specifically, they have to fear nothing more than their own fear. Common-sense awareness is the only measure required to ensure a safe trip. But that is not dissimilar to probably every trip to any destination.
    So long as you don't break the law .. sure ... including any 'hatespeech' ones ....
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Apparently I’ve spent more time in Germany than you, haven’t been murdered yet. Pretty good standard of ice hockey too.
    True.

Then again, if they, too, have 'hatespeech' laws, with your PC outlook, you'd never have come into conflict with their laws ...
    Last edited by Drummond; 08-20-2018 at 08:46 AM.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

10. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    So long as you don't break the law .. sure ... including any 'hatespeech' ones ....
    ...i don't talk to anyone about anything while i'm travelling. I am simply trying to blend-in, and absorb the adventure