Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Maher blasts liberals over Jones censorship: 'Supposed to be for free speech'

The whiny liberals couldn't care less when conservatives were and still are having their free speech taken away or severely limited. But get in the way of just one on the left, and all holy hell breaks loose! At least one knucklehead gets it, and that it's not a one sided thing, and that it applies to everyone. You have limited times when things get limited, based on laws & wrongdoings, but otherwise it shouldn't be trying to suppress the speech of those on the right to help with the mid-term elections.

---

Bill Maher Blasts Liberals over Alex Jones Censorship: ‘Supposed to Be for Free Speech’

Liberal comedian Bill Maher defended InfoWars host Alex Jones on Friday’s episode of Real Time with Bill Maher, arguing that self-described liberals should be in favor of free speech as it is a core American value.

Discussing Jones’ removal from social media platforms including Facebook, YouTube, Spotify, and others, Maher appeared to disagree with his audience and fellow panelists about whether censoring him was a step in the right direction.

“I’m going to talk about free speech for a minute because Alex Jones, who is not my friend, who tells crazy lies about me, is thrown off Twitter, I think, and Facebook and a few other platforms,” Maher said, prompting applause from the audience.

“Well, if you’re a liberal, you’re supposed to be for free speech,” Maher contended. “That’s free speech for the speech you hate. That’s what free speech means.”

“We’re losing the thread of the concepts that are important to this country,” he continued. “Either you care about the real American shit or you don’t. And if you do, it goes for every side. I don’t like Alex Jones, but Alex Jones gets to speak. Everybody gets to speak.”

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/big-hollyw...r-free-speech/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Default Maher blasts liberals over Jones censorship: 'Supposed to be for free speech'

“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. Also Facebook and Twitter are not allowed to ban you from their platforms”

The Founding Fathers were really very clear about this.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. Also Facebook and Twitter are not allowed to ban you from their platforms”

Yes they are allowed to ban you from their platforms. Have you ever been banned from a message board for something you said? I have.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

My point I guess is, outside of Maher, the majority of liberals completely support the removal from ALL the services, coincidentally at the same time, as well as many others that are meeting similar fates. It was wrong to have done so to Jones, even though I too couldn't care less about his conspiracy crap. But if/when it happens to a liberal, and even if there is good cause, they (not you) get pissed and turn purple.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

5. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    My point I guess is, outside of Maher, the majority of liberals completely support the removal from ALL the services, coincidentally at the same time, as well as many others that are meeting similar fates. It was wrong to have done so to Jones, even though I too couldn't care less about his conspiracy crap. But if/when it happens to a liberal, and even if there is good cause, they (not you) get pissed and turn purple.
    You just appealed to the jackass in me. Now I want to find a picture of a liberal with a purple face and put it in my avatar. See what you did ?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

And when that happens you will agree with the pissed & purple faced liberals. C’est la vie.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

And when that happens you will agree with the pissed & purple faced liberals. C’est la vie.
    Agree in them turning purple or why? Not sure what you mean. I don't agree with censorship unless for a dang good reason. So if when it happens to a liberal, and they get angry, depending on the reason, I would in fact agree with them that it's wrong.

Thing is though, the majority of folks getting censored, whether via social media, their jobs and other places because liberals didn't like what they had to say... it's rarely applied to liberals, and quite widespread happening to the right.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Agree in them turning purple or why? Not sure what you mean. I don't agree with censorship unless for a dang good reason. So if when it happens to a liberal, and they get angry, depending on the reason, I would in fact agree with them that it's wrong.

Thing is though, the majority of folks getting censored, whether via social media, their jobs and other places because liberals didn't like what they had to say... it's rarely applied to liberals, and quite widespread happening to the right.
    Still pisses me off suckerberg allows holocaust deniers to speak their minds but not the folks you mentioned.
    Last edited by Black Diamond; 08-18-2018 at 03:03 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Democrats = Fascists.

Next...