I have very confused emotions about all of this. My truck is already packed with a huge refrigerator for a "mini" for his dorm room, a microwave and a monster sized chest filled with hopefully everything he will need. Will pack computer stuff very last as leaving, likely like 6am tomorrow. I had found a dorm room "move in checklist" a ways back and got him a ton of shit.

Part of me is so happy that all the high school crap is behind him and us, and so so happy for him to be about to living his dream. This was his first choice when he was in like 7th grade. He put his mind to it and made it happen, not us in the slightest. I'm hoping to see him make new friends and open new opportunities. I'm happy that he will be living on his own, responsible for himself, he truly needs that, and he'll be doing so in a safe environment and with support all around him. He'll have no choice but to get up early here, work hard, walk a lot and stay up late a lot. Do it or go home, now's the time to shine and don't look back or sideways for 4 years.

I'm saddened that I won't see him but rarely. I'm nervous that he'll fit in, and make friends, and be happy while he learns. The kid never leaves the house, and I mean never, so this will be a huge leap for him, and I'm scared for him, even if he's thrilled and looking forward to it. I'm scared that he won't hack it, even though I know he is well above average in the intelligence department. I just have so many worries to go along with all of the happiness.

Tomorrow will be a long day. 3 hours or so each way. Unpack all this crap. Help him settle in. Probably all go out for dinner and then say goodbye.

And then it will be me, a chihuahua and a husky for awhile. And Gunny just HAD to mention something about "empty nest syndrome" in my last thread and has me worried, as I do get set off easily in depression mode.