Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
Isn't it foolish to increasingly sign away your very autonomy (!!) to a foreign power, in the HOPE that all the laws and strictures they insist upon inflicting will work in your favour ?
As oppose to being separate from the ‘foreign power’ wherein it’s in their interests to work against you?

Isn't it particularly foolish to have an island nation forced to maintain permanently open borders to the inhabitants of literally dozens of other nations ?? Do we have infinite room, infinite resources ?
Whereas it is in no way foolish for the U.K. to demand they control there own immigration, and then have no proposal for how they are going to control immigration at their only land boarder.

I think what you really mean (.. but probably won't admit ..) is that very few foresaw just how disgustingly uncooperative and bullying the EU side was going to be throughout these so-called 'negotiations'. We've struggled to get any decent agreements from them. We've struggled to such an extent that we may HAVE to walk away, minus a deal.
I think a lot of people foresaw the problems caused by leaving - they called themselves ‘The Remain Campaign’

You really care LESS about the 'destination' ? Really ? I find that rather hard to believe.
That’s understandable, given you care more about the destination than the path.