Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Hey... another thing @Gunny... I don't know about you, but my BACK seems to be the strongest part of my body. The exercises seem to be easy, and I've added more weight to my back exercises than any other part. I can just burn my back down and it just takes more, lat pull downs, straight back pulls on the press bar using arms, and pull backs keeping the arms straight and leaning/pulling back with the back, I can do almost the whole stack of 160 lbs, even the shoulders, I can work the holly hell otta that stuff and it just feels GOOD.

You?
    Those are called seated pulley rows. My back is definitely the strongest. Purposefully so. Try not being able to walk or lift anything of significance. I deadlifted 225 a couple of weeks ago just jerking around being bored, but I didn't push it any further. Doing squat snatches and squat clean -n- jerks twice a week, I get plenty of back work in.

Have a pullup bar in my bedroom door. I can single a pullup +20 lbs. Haven't pushed that one either. I always do 20 pullups. If I can do it in 1 set like I could when I was in the Corps, fine. If it takes me 20 x 1, so be it. I get my 20 and Chesty don't get his

The reason I don't push deadlifts that hard is I'll just ease up to it. I could at one time hit 405. Never used straps. If my hands can't hold it, it's too heavy for me to be lifting. But ... it puts a LOT of pressure on every piece of soft tissue in your body from your neck to your toes. No reason to push that. I've got the rest of my life to increase the weight but only one spinal column

I don't have machines. The lat pull down was the only one I usually ever used. Used to pull the whole stack. Another jarhead would have to grab my traps and push me down to the floor to do it or I'd have been just dangling from the end of the bar I forget how much it was. Crap like that was just our toxic masculinity kicking into competitive overdrive More often than not I just do pullups with a wide grip. Same movement.
    My quota of bullshit cop outs from closed minds is full today, Tomorrow's not looking good for you either.

2. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Those are called seated pulley rows. My back is definitely the strongest. Purposefully so. Try not being able to walk or lift anything of significance. I deadlifted 225 a couple of weeks ago just jerking around being bored, but I didn't push it any further. Doing squat snatches and squat clean -n- jerks twice a week, I get plenty of back work in.

Have a pullup bar in my bedroom door. I can single a pullup +20 lbs. Haven't pushed that one either. I always do 20 pullups. If I can do it in 1 set like I could when I was in the Corps, fine. If it takes me 20 x 1, so be it. I get my 20 and Chesty don't get his

The reason I don't push deadlifts that hard is I'll just ease up to it. I could at one time hit 405. Never used straps. If my hands can't hold it, it's too heavy for me to be lifting. But ... it puts a LOT of pressure on every piece of soft tissue in your body from your neck to your toes. No reason to push that. I've got the rest of my life to increase the weight but only one spinal column

I don't have machines. The lat pull down was the only one I usually ever used. Used to pull the whole stack. Another jarhead would have to grab my traps and push me down to the floor to do it or I'd have been just dangling from the end of the bar I forget how much it was. Crap like that was just our toxic masculinity kicking into competitive overdrive More often than not I just do pullups with a wide grip. Same movement.
    Yeah that's it, ROWS, I start with 80, then second set 90, then finish with 100 pounds. I use the bench press bar because it has an adjustment where I can move it way forward or backwards, so I sit on the seat facing backwards and do rows with the bench press bar. I started out with 50 pounds 3 three months ago. I actually could sit and use the curl cable on the front to do rows too. I bought a new curl bar on Amazon, works great, must weigh 10 pounds by itself...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I wonder if the weight is the same on cables as it is with free weights... IDK. But I don't try and kill myself. I do push it but haven't been trying to SEE HOW MUCH I CAN LIFT. I do what feels good and do increase the resistance, but I get a good burn. I know "form" has a lot to do with what good you're getting out of your exercises. If I don't break a sweat, then I'm not working hard enough. I have started wearing my sweats when I work out now.

I should try a pull up. I haven't been able to do even ONE for a long time. Got too damn fat, but, I'm losing weight. Down to 207 from 221. About half way to my target. About the only way to keep losing is to fast... A LOT. Been drinking protein drinks and taking my vitamins. I'll get there. I'm actually wearing a pair of my 36" waist jeans. Haven't been able to even PULL A PAIR OF THOSE ON for ages. Gets me real motivated to see those changes. I had given up.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; Yesterday at 07:57 PM.
    THE DEMOCRAT PROPAGANDA WING:

ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, CNN, CNBC, MSNBC, AP, ESPN, BET, TBS, WASHPO, HUFF'N PUFF, MEDIA MATTERS, USA Today, BLOOMBURG, The ATLANTIC, The GUARDIAN, AXIOS, Salon, MOVEON, DU, SNOPES, POLITICO, NY SLIMES, COMPLEX, RUETTERS, YAHOO NEWS, FACEBOOK NEWS, twitter, GQ, NEWSWEEK, Gallup, EBONY, GOOGLE SEARCH, BING, VOX, and the list goes on...

Democrats are the party of trash, the angry democrat MOB.