Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    @Gunny... I remember somewhere in this thread you said that you'd even lift sometimes after downing a bottle of Jack, that you "had issues,"...

I'll tell ya brother, as much as I've been hitting it, I HAVE even came in from the shop a time of two after having a couple, and I'll have to tell ya, it just doesn't work for me. You gotta be an animal...

IDK... the strength ain't there, the energy ain't there, seems like I'll hurt my damn self if I pushed it.

I will tell you this though, bro, I'm on my second bottle of Prime Labs testosterone boosters, and I swear they are helping. I was ripping some curls the other day and FINALLY the next day my biceps were a little sore, whereas before it never seemed like how hard I pushed the bis, they never got sore. Same with the lats, but they were a little sore too. So the pills might be helping build bulk, and that is the idea.
    @High_Plains_Drifter I've been looking for this thread because I remember you responded in it. Leave it to you to put it in Science and Health

I wouldn't recommend drinking and lifting to anyone. I was certainly setting no personal records at the time. I definitely wasn't lifting near my max. Thing is, I had to limit my lifting so I had "A workout". It was a Jack of All Trades, Master of none workout. In the early 80s I got too big for my uniforms. Twice. Expensive. Then I went on independent duty where I had to where charlies every day so my uniform had to fit every day. Plus, I had to be able to run 3 miles in 28 or less (28 is minimum to graze in with a pass). Then there's the time itself to work out.

My workout for years was tailored to fit me in my uniforms. When I retired, it was more about the time because suddenly I wasn't working out on the Corps' dime, and I was getting a Hell of a workout just being an electrician.

SO ... I could go through the motions, drinking or not. The difference between then and now is I have to actually concentrate and apply effort now.

Something else you've mentioned a couple of times I've really not commented on. I don't have an ab workout. I do different crap whenever the mood strikes for my abs. The abdominal wall is a muscle. It grows just like an other muscle with exercise. I used to do 400 situps every day before work (way back when) and wonder why I wasn't getting abs like Rambo (First Blood was new back then and suddenly put the demand on all of us to sport six packs).

Mostly, I'll do hanging leg raises from my pullup bar and it keeps my abs strong, which is my primary goal in working them.
    Last edited by Gunny; 04-20-2019 at 07:34 PM.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke