Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
Hey... another thing @Gunny... I don't know about you, but my BACK seems to be the strongest part of my body. The exercises seem to be easy, and I've added more weight to my back exercises than any other part. I can just burn my back down and it just takes more, lat pull downs, straight back pulls on the press bar using arms, and pull backs keeping the arms straight and leaning/pulling back with the back, I can do almost the whole stack of 160 lbs, even the shoulders, I can work the holly hell otta that stuff and it just feels GOOD.

You?
Those are called seated pulley rows. My back is definitely the strongest. Purposefully so. Try not being able to walk or lift anything of significance. I deadlifted 225 a couple of weeks ago just jerking around being bored, but I didn't push it any further. Doing squat snatches and squat clean -n- jerks twice a week, I get plenty of back work in.

Have a pullup bar in my bedroom door. I can single a pullup +20 lbs. Haven't pushed that one either. I always do 20 pullups. If I can do it in 1 set like I could when I was in the Corps, fine. If it takes me 20 x 1, so be it. I get my 20 and Chesty don't get his

The reason I don't push deadlifts that hard is I'll just ease up to it. I could at one time hit 405. Never used straps. If my hands can't hold it, it's too heavy for me to be lifting. But ... it puts a LOT of pressure on every piece of soft tissue in your body from your neck to your toes. No reason to push that. I've got the rest of my life to increase the weight but only one spinal column

I don't have machines. The lat pull down was the only one I usually ever used. Used to pull the whole stack. Another jarhead would have to grab my traps and push me down to the floor to do it or I'd have been just dangling from the end of the bar I forget how much it was. Crap like that was just our toxic masculinity kicking into competitive overdrive More often than not I just do pullups with a wide grip. Same movement.