Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Dang, Tom, nice rig you're getting! Are you a millionaire bro?

Truly nice tho, I hope it gets a ton of good use! When I had one a long time back, one of those "Bowflex" thingies, it didn't take long before those long and huge rubbery bars - and the entire thing converted into a clothing holder on the bench, and a coat/sweatshirt holder on the bows.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Dang, Tom, nice rig you're getting! Are you a millionaire bro?

Truly nice tho, I hope it gets a ton of good use! When I had one a long time back, one of those "Bowflex" thingies, it didn't take long before those long and huge rubbery bars - and the entire thing converted into a clothing holder on the bench, and a coat/sweatshirt holder on the bows.
    Seen THAT before
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Seen THAT before
    Seriously though, I used the damn thing like 2x, and paid like $2,000 for it on some ripoff plan they nicked me for.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Seriously though, I used the damn thing like 2x, and paid like $2,000 for it on some ripoff plan they nicked me for.
    Both my wives were fitness gimmick freaks. Had to have the latest, greatest. Got used once or twice then if I was lucky it folded under the bed. If not, coat rack

Didn't do me much good. I don't use machines.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Both my wives were fitness gimmick freaks. Had to have the latest, greatest. Got used once or twice then if I was lucky it folded under the bed. If not, coat rack

I talked my wife and her friend into a fitness membership at a local gym in Tampa. I never went to the gym with them when they went, but I found out they'd hit the gym, do God knows what, probably sit on the ass and watch other people work out, and then hit McDonalds when they left. A total waste of money.

Had a girlfriend after I divorced the wife in Tampa that begged me to go to the base gym with me. When I found out I could take her, she and I always went together. Needless to say, she was hot when I met, and she just got hotter. I took this picture of her at Clearwater Beach...

Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 08-25-2018 at 06:14 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Going to quick puffing the cigs when that gym gets here too.

I never smoke in my house, I never smoke in my vehicles, can't smoke in the bars, the only time I ever puff a few is like now when I'm in the shop.

Can't see smoking and working out to get in better shape as going together.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Tracking says the new gym will be here Tuesday. Got a couple pics of my dining room table and chairs, put it on a local buy/sell/trade page on facebook for $40. It's gotta go... can't wait to get the gym put together and start pumping iron. I think about it every day.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Well, just sold the dining room table so I'm ready for the gym.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Well, just sold the dining room table so I'm ready for the gym.

Used to piss my ex off when I'd pull the weights out of the closet every morning and set the "gym" up in the living room. Done THAT more than once. Who needs a table? Got a bench, right?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Well, there it is! Going to take a video of opening it all in case it isn't all there, I have documentation. But, right in the middle of mowing my JUNGLE of a yard. I'll get to it in a bit...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Have fun. You'll be so tired dragging that shit around and putting it together you'll have to wait a day to work out

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Holy SHIT @Gunny... there might be hope for me after all... look at these freakin' animals... older than I am... MAAAAaaaan... I got work to do...

My greatest obstacle is my weak right side. It's not only my triceps but partial pecks, partial lats, etc. I can feel that the smaller parts of the pecks and lats WORK, they move, I can flex them, they're just lesser than the left. So as long as I can tell they WORK, I'm going to trash them. I figure if they MOVE, then I can build them up. I think I'm going to start working that side double, just to see if I can get it catch up to the left side. When I get pissed, it just makes me double my efforts. I don't like NO for anything, even building muscle. I'll wear that gym out before I quit... and that ain't gonna happen. Lifting is just part of the day now. I look forward to it, and I'm seeing results. I noticed today for the first time that the veins were starting to pop a little on my biceps. Never saw that before. I regret that I didn't start lifting right after I had that discectomy, and they told me I'd get 95% of everything back. I probably would have. Fuck it... I'll make it happen now.

Oh, and I bought a new curl bar. Much better, wider, heavy duty, great bar, angled, makes doing curls a helluva lot more comfortable. Strange that out of all the bits of the right side, arm that were effected by the crushed nerves, my right bicep is normal. It's as strong if not stronger than the left... weird.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 12-09-2018 at 07:37 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Nothing like PINK FLOYD while working out. Bought another JBL Extreme bluetooth speaker, excellent price right now on Amazon, and can pair it with the other one I have and now have stereo, sounds fantastic, is cordless, wireless, perfect, take it anywhere and even run it off your smart phone.

I've lost TEN POUNDS now @Gunny. Hit the scale yesterday at 211.4 lbs. I haven't been down this far for a good 4 or 5 years. Getting some good definition going, and it will be even better losing weight. Target weight loss is down to 190 so, I still have a ways to go but I'll get there. I've changed the diet around completely along with the working out. People are going to look at me next summer when I'm getting the first tan in 20 years and think, what the hell happened to him, is that really Tom? ...
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 12-23-2018 at 02:27 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I don't use machines either. Strictly running , swimming, and old fashioned pushups and situps for me, I don't even like to lift weights. At 47 I'm 6' 207 lbs and can still run a sub 35 minute 5 mile pretty much whenever I take a notion to do so.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Probably 98% of the public that works out uses "machines." Nothing wrong with that at all. Purest like the free weights, and many use both.