Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    I WISH I was a millionaire, pard... My living expenses aren't squat here in Wisconsin, so I have just enough money to get in trouble...
    I just figured when I saw the sweet new car, and the other sweet looking toys in your garage, and now this. Was gonna ask for a few hundred grand there for a minute.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

I'd KILL to be down to that right now, and ultimately that would be about where I should be. I was at around 195 for years and years. Wouldn't go up or down. Then I moved back to Wisconsin and holy shit, I LOOK at food and I gain weight. I need a total reset. I need to do protein shakes instead of chips and dip and a salad instead of a nutty bar and on and on, and I need to get on that gym and get the ole metabolism fired back up.

@jimnyc... I WISH I was a millionaire, pard... My living expenses aren't squat here in Wisconsin, so I have just enough money to get in trouble...
    Be careful what you wish for, bubba. My "weight loss program" was a month tied to some IVs and couldn't walk when I got out of it. I'm STILL rehabbing myself from THAT.

I went from 205 to 155 in about a week. All you need is an infection in your lung that gets you put on life support then have a stroke and be dead for a couple of minutes. When you wake up VOILA! 155! I spent a year trying to get back around 185 without getting fat. And learning to walk all over.

I think there are easier ways to lose some body fat. Just sayin'
    Last edited by Gunny; 08-25-2018 at 06:23 PM.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

4. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I just figured when I saw the sweet new car, and the other sweet looking toys in your garage, and now this. Was gonna ask for a few hundred grand there for a minute.
    The car is pretty heavily financed, bro...

It's only about 1/3 paid off right now. The other stuff I've had forever, and I had to finance that too. I guess I do OK. I do side work for the electrician, sell shit online and now trying the metal art. Gotta stay busy.

If I had millions, believe me Jim, we'd be starting a NEW TWITTER. We'd put these leftist fascist out of business...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Be careful what you wish for, bubba. My "weight loss program" was a month tied to some IVs and couldn't walk when I got out of it. I'm STILL rehabbing myself from THAT.

I went from 205 to 155 in about a week. All you need is an infection in your lung that gets you put on life support then have a stroke and be dead for a couple of minutes. When you wake up VOILA! 155! I spent a year trying to get back around 185 without getting fat. And learning to walk all over.

I think there are easier ways to lose some body fat. Just sayin'
    I had a lung fill with fluid. They had to cut the fucker open. I didn't have much weight to lose back then so it wasn't very pleasant. Got a huge scar on the right side of my chest and two smaller scars where they jammed in drain tubes. Can't tell you how much THAT hurt. All I remember is the doctor saying... "FIVE MORE CC'S OF MORPHINE." I don't know how many times he said that. All I remember is the pain the sound it made when he finally got it in my lung... then I passed out. But they weren't done yet, they weren't happy with how far down the tube was in my lung. I think they just wanted someone they could talk into hacking their lung open so they could train the resident surgeons. I wouldn't let them do it now, not after I saw it really didn't make any damn difference at all. Fuckin' VA... I'll tell ya.

Buy like you, that's all the more reason I want to work out and stay as healthy as I can.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 08-25-2018 at 08:39 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Going to quick puffing the cigs when that gym gets here too.

I never smoke in my house, I never smoke in my vehicles, can't smoke in the bars, the only time I ever puff a few is like now when I'm in the shop.

Can't see smoking and working out to get in better shape as going together.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Tracking says the new gym will be here Tuesday. Got a couple pics of my dining room table and chairs, put it on a local buy/sell/trade page on facebook for $40. It's gotta go... can't wait to get the gym put together and start pumping iron. I think about it every day.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Well, just sold the dining room table so I'm ready for the gym.

10. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Well, just sold the dining room table so I'm ready for the gym.

Used to piss my ex off when I'd pull the weights out of the closet every morning and set the "gym" up in the living room. Done THAT more than once. Who needs a table? Got a bench, right?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

12. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Used to piss my ex off when I'd pull the weights out of the closet every morning and set the "gym" up in the living room. Done THAT more than once. Who needs a table? Got a bench, right?
    There used to be a dining room table there, now there's going to be a gym... I have TV trays to eat on, which is what I always use. I hadn't eaten at the table for over a year, and even then it was when I had company. All the table ever did was collect dust. I think putting the gym there is a much better idea. It'll be right under my nose so I'll use it every day. Tracking says it'll be here tomorrow. Says the shipping weight is 459 pounds, so just putting it together will probably be a work out all by itself. Sure excited to get going though. Haven't smoked for days now, and ain't gonna buy any either. Going to try eating a little healthier too. Going to see if I can actually put some bulk on this 63 year old disabled vet. I know I can at least feel better...

Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 09-03-2018 at 02:24 PM.

14. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Son of a BITCH... now this morning, this shipping company I've never heard of, has changed the due date for delivery from the 4th to the 5th... DAMN IT. I woke up early and couldn't fall back asleep because I was excited about getting the gym today, and now this... PISS, ME, OFF.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Both my wives were fitness gimmick freaks. Had to have the latest, greatest. Got used once or twice then if I was lucky it folded under the bed. If not, coat rack

Didn't do me much good. I don't use machines.
    I don't use machines either. Strictly running , swimming, and old fashioned pushups and situps for me, I don't even like to lift weights. At 47 I'm 6' 207 lbs and can still run a sub 35 minute 5 mile pretty much whenever I take a notion to do so.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Probably 98% of the public that works out uses "machines." Nothing wrong with that at all. Purest like the free weights, and many use both.

18. Thanks STTAB thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Getting tired of seeing this not marked "OUT FOR DELIVERY." Possibly it is and this just hasn't been updated, but it does say delivery TODAY. I hope so... they already changed it once, and I'm not the most patient guy...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Well, after a dozen attempts to contact this shipper, they finally answered, and now they're saying it's "on it's way" but it won't be here until TOMORROW. Well FUCK... I expected it TUESDAY, then they said WEDNESDAY - today, and now TOMORROW. This is the kind of shit that just torques me to no end.

I'm going to chock it up to all the rain and flooding we've had in Wisconsin and try and be patient, and just be damn glad when it shows up. It is a 400 lb item so, not the easiest thing to ship. More than likely going to show up on a semi. Guess I'll hit the treadmill and burn off a little of my ire energy.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Well, there it is! Going to take a video of opening it all in case it isn't all there, I have documentation. But, right in the middle of mowing my JUNGLE of a yard. I'll get to it in a bit...

22. Thanks Gunny thanked this post