Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
That, I'll take your word for. I am on the inside looking out so have no way to judge it.

When I want international news, I generally go to the BBC or Jerusalem Post just to get an outside POV since what we get is the standard "Putin slept here", 2-3 line paragraph as it takes up space otherwise used for trashing President Trump.

I took 4 years of journalism; therefore, I take ALL journalism with a grain of salt

As far as the topic goes, it seems to me Noir wants to deflect from the topic by dragging the US into the fray which is a UK - Russian affair. If I recall correctly, The President of the United States said we support the UK in the matter. Doesn't matter what some poll Noir dredged up states. That is our official stance.
American news broadcasts, especially on the radio, always carry a higher percentage of 'home-grown' news items as part of the total than I've known to be true over here. It's very noticeable to British ears !

I agree, Noir is dragging the US into the fray. American support is very appreciated, but it's primarily a UK-Russia issue. Although .. there's the dimension to this of Russia arrogantly trying to set a precedent, one of committing acts of assassination on foreign territories, and saying that it's something they should never have to face consequences for ... or, even blame !

Have Russia believe this, have it proved that such actions are consequence-free, and it must follow that no country will be immune from Russia's murderous actions. Why would they always just single out the UK ? Therefore, on that basis, I'd suggest that there's legitimate international cause for concern.