Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    That, I'll take your word for. I am on the inside looking out so have no way to judge it.

When I want international news, I generally go to the BBC or Jerusalem Post just to get an outside POV since what we get is the standard "Putin slept here", 2-3 line paragraph as it takes up space otherwise used for trashing President Trump.

I took 4 years of journalism; therefore, I take ALL journalism with a grain of salt

As far as the topic goes, it seems to me Noir wants to deflect from the topic by dragging the US into the fray which is a UK - Russian affair. If I recall correctly, The President of the United States said we support the UK in the matter. Doesn't matter what some poll Noir dredged up states. That is our official stance.
    American news broadcasts, especially on the radio, always carry a higher percentage of 'home-grown' news items as part of the total than I've known to be true over here. It's very noticeable to British ears !

I agree, Noir is dragging the US into the fray. American support is very appreciated, but it's primarily a UK-Russia issue. Although .. there's the dimension to this of Russia arrogantly trying to set a precedent, one of committing acts of assassination on foreign territories, and saying that it's something they should never have to face consequences for ... or, even blame !

Have Russia believe this, have it proved that such actions are consequence-free, and it must follow that no country will be immune from Russia's murderous actions. Why would they always just single out the UK ? Therefore, on that basis, I'd suggest that there's legitimate international cause for concern.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    I don’t buy any newspapers, when I have some spare change at an airport etc i’d buy ‘The Week’. I most news print is just commentary so I’m not much interested in that.
    So, your biases aren't programmed into you ? Seriously ?

Yeah the Foreign Secretary probably wasn’t invited, the attempted murders would probably of been more in the remit of the Housing Development Minister.

Regarding the rest - I don’t know what more you want, he was the foreign secretary, he arranged a private photo shoot for portraits, rather than attend the cobra meeting.
    Now we're getting to it. If in fact he wasn't invited, by what conceivable right would he attend one ??

Is it your expectation that Boris should've gatecrashed what was and is, by its very nature, a 'high security' venue ??

Well, thank you, Noir. Next time, I hope you'll include greater fairness and balance in your observations !

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Default Salisbury Novichok attack: new war of words.

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    So, your biases aren't programmed into you ? Seriously ?
    I don’t understand why you think it is necessary for someone to read a newspaper.

Now we're getting to it. If in fact he wasn't invited, by what conceivable right would he attend one ??

Is it your expectation that Boris should've gatecrashed what was and is, by its very nature, a 'high security' venue ??

Well, thank you, Noir. Next time, I hope you'll include greater fairness and balance in your observations !
    If you want to believe that the Foreign Secretary wasn’t invited to a meeting about an attempted murder in Britain by a suspected foreign actor, fair enough.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

I don’t understand why you think it is necessary for someone to read a newspaper.
    It's not, these days.

Regardless of exactly how it's done, though, most Lefties need their propaganda dripfed to them. In your case .. wouldn't you want your funds to go to the coffers of a Leftie publication ? You know ... to help prop them up in your very minor way ?

If you want to believe that the Foreign Secretary wasn’t invited to a meeting about an attempted murder in Britain by a suspected foreign actor, fair enough.
    Interesting choice of words. Have you hopes of being recruited by the BBC ?

Words you chose in a previous post answer you, though. Let me remind you:

Yeah the Foreign Secretary probably wasn’t invited
    I'd previously asked you: 'Was he invited to that particular invoking of COBRA ?' That was YOUR reply.

Some advice, Noir. Spend less time lapping up propaganda (from wherever it is your supply of it comes from) and instead better focus on real conversations, and the real world .....
    Last edited by Drummond; 09-10-2018 at 05:38 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Words you chose in a previous post answer you, though. Let me remind you:

I'd previously asked you: 'Was he invited to that particular invoking of COBRA ?' That was YOUR reply.
    Surething because “Yeah the Foreign Secretary probably wasn’t invited, the attempted murders would probably of been more in the remit of the Housing Development Minister.” Is clearly not sarcastic at all 🙃

Why you’re so willing to perch your hat for Boris on an event you apparently didn’t know about until I mentioned it I have no idea.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Surething because “Yeah the Foreign Secretary probably wasn’t invited, the attempted murders would probably of been more in the remit of the Housing Development Minister.” Is clearly not sarcastic at all ��

Why you’re so willing to perch your hat for Boris on an event you apparently didn’t know about until I mentioned it I have no idea.
    ... eh ??

- Look. You've neither need nor reason to post in such a fashion. Your inattentiveness to what you yourself decide to post, is a matter for you. YOU thought he probably wasn't invited, and you may well be correct (you probably are, on this one) ... in which case, his lack of attendance is explained, and is fully reasonable (and your attempt to wriggle out of your error by claiming sarcasm as its qualifying context is, frankly, puerile). COBRA meetings, of all of the meetings our Government has, are going to be ultra security-conscious affairs. Nobody, regardless of their standing, has any right to gatecrash one !!

How is it for us to loftily judge who the PM should wish to choose, or to not choose, who attends these meetings ?

So, that's settled, then. Criticism of Boris on this issue is not warranted, is not even our business. QED.
    Last edited by Drummond; 09-11-2018 at 08:08 AM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

... eh ??

- Look. You've neither need nor reason to post in such a fashion. Your inattentiveness to what you yourself decide to post, is a matter for you. YOU thought he probably wasn't invited, and you may well be correct (you probably are, on this one) ... in which case, his lack of attendance is explained, and is fully reasonable (and your attempt to wriggle out of your error by claiming sarcasm as its qualifying context is, frankly, puerile). COBRA meetings, of all of the meetings our Government has, are going to be ultra security-conscious affairs. Nobody, regardless of their standing, has any right to gatecrash one !!

How is it for us to loftily judge who the PM should wish to choose, or to not choose, who attends these meetings ?

So, that's settled, then. Criticism of Boris on this issue is not warranted. QED.
    If you are able to use a search engine, you will be able to quickly find multiple stories about Boris not turning up to the Cobra meeting that he was expected to attend.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

American news broadcasts, especially on the radio, always carry a higher percentage of 'home-grown' news items as part of the total than I've known to be true over here. It's very noticeable to British ears !

I agree, Noir is dragging the US into the fray. American support is very appreciated, but it's primarily a UK-Russia issue. Although .. there's the dimension to this of Russia arrogantly trying to set a precedent, one of committing acts of assassination on foreign territories, and saying that it's something they should never have to face consequences for ... or, even blame !

Have Russia believe this, have it proved that such actions are consequence-free, and it must follow that no country will be immune from Russia's murderous actions. Why would they always just single out the UK ? Therefore, on that basis, I'd suggest that there's legitimate international cause for concern.
    I completely agree russia is an issue. Putin is a bully and bullies will not stop until they are stopped. A very simple solution turned into a quagmire by self-interest and/or a lack of a pair between the legs by much of the international community.

An "old Marine Corps axiom": Lead, follow, or get the Hell out of my way. As this applies to my previous response. It is an issue between the UK and Russia as primaries. Would be rather poor form not to mention walking into an alley blind for the US to walk all over the UK and assume the lead when the incident affects the UK directly, and the UK has all the evidence. The UK took the lead. The US followed your lead. Most others have "gotten the Hell out of the way" with "well, we don't know for sure", chickenshit responses.

I suspect after everyone's done pointing fingers and talking, little or nothing will be done about it. Just a little to nothing has been done about Ukraine.

To support my point that most Americans have no idea what's going on is that if you had not kept the issue relevant on this board, it was mostly forgotten here. Unless I missed it, I haven't seen any thing in the media here about it since the incident first occurred. For some reason, people would rather wait for another WWII to do anything rather than stop the aggressor(s) before they get started.
    Last edited by Gunny; 09-11-2018 at 12:11 PM.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

9. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

If you are able to use a search engine, you will be able to quickly find multiple stories about Boris not turning up to the Cobra meeting that he was expected to attend.
    Oh, for God's sake !! Are you still going on about this ?

You're changing your tune, now, and telling me that Boris was expected to attend ?? AGAIN ... this is what you posted, before ...

Yeah the Foreign Secretary probably wasn’t invited
    Enough, already.