I really can't believe it's been that long.

How many here stated then, or not long after, "I'll never forget" and went along exactly with the rest of the nation on that aspect?

Now, how many here have lost sight, and perhaps HAVE forgotten those events, and those thousands of lives?

There are far too many around the nation that have long forgotten already. Even our government put aside differences and got together as one. But that only lasted a day or so before back to the same 'ol same 'ol.

Back then, flags were popping up all over again and being proudly displayed. Now? Not only less flags memorializing 9/11, but in many aspects wearing or having or doing something with the American flag can get you in hot water these days. Don't wan't to offend the innocent muslims, ya know?

Now, and far from only here, there are still endless arguments about that day. Things have changed, many have in fact forgotten, and that's sad. But worse when and if it may be used as a tool, or the blame game crap.

But dang, my kid just went off to college, and he wasn't even a year old yet when 9/11 took place.

There is no way to describe or explain or somehow list the amount of heroes that appeared out of the woodwork on that day. Regular everyday people, police officers, firemen, clergy & even rescue dogs. And that's just the beginning, no way to truly honor everyone from all sides. But those who worked to save lives or did save lives, now THOSE are heroes. REAL heroes who saved lives, put their own lives in grave danger & many actually died while helping others. Now THAT is true sacrificing.

Here are a few of those folks...